CO Snowboarder & Skiers

• Thread starter Frankie Pebbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

OH I miss Colorado. I wanna go back.

My 2 favorite places to ride are A-basin and Keystone's outback. I used to work at The Kickapoo tavern for a few years as one of the head cooks. We would get a hour or so break to ride everyday. It was nice cus the "ganjala" was only a few hundred feet away from the Kickapoo.
At A basin when they open up the Upper east wall. We would wait till they bombed for avalanches and it was opened. Hike that bitch can be a little scary on windy days. But what a ride. My favorite run ever is Willy's Wide in the Upper East Walll at A basin.

Also miss the smoke shacks all over.

F

Frankie Pebbles

Anyone going to redrocks friday night? The Never Summer Movie "Made in America" and the new Standard movie are going to premiere. And Deltron 3030 will be beaming down for a special transmission. Ill be there with a fat sack of juliet to blaze as a sacrifice to ULLR. One

Not sure if I can sit through another horrible video by Never Summer.. last year it was soooooo bad I had to leave. Guess I just get sick of the same 7 kids doing the same 7 tricks??

All though I do like Del.. what time is he coming on?

F

Frankie Pebbles

once you sk8 its hard to kick the habit..im 35 and started sk8ing/boarding 20 years ago..i still sk8 to this day..how could you not with 500 sick parks all over the state. winter park just built a pretty cool sk8 park right in the heart of winterpark town checked it out a few weeks back.
old neversummers had been a bit heavy, but the new lineup for the past few years they have been top notch all the way. :yes

All my Never Summers are new rockers.. They lost the weight about five years back.. Hell this years line may be some of the lightest on the market.

I too have been skating for 25 years... Its how we were raised ;)

F

Funkfingers

any of you used to ride neversummer when they had laminated wall paper for a topsheet?

K

kuz

Just joking with you dutch, cause when you said Vail was too flat and then put Sunlight on the list. lol. I know what you mean though, I have family in Carbondale and spent a lot of time at Sunlight. Those complaining Vail is too flat usually start talking about Telluride or Steamboat, not Sunlight, Copper and WinterPark.

I'm thinking about heading out of town this Winter, not really thrilled to spend the winter in any resort town though. Never been to Silverton in the winter.

K

kuz

Winter Park is great, when you grew up around here it was the best cheap place to go, like $7 for a bus ride and a ski pass or something crazy like that, so its usually were we went every weekend. It went up to $12 or $14 when you turned 15 I think, that was in the 70's. We would go to copper or loveland to break things up but 90% of the time it was Winter Park.

J-fly

J-fly

The best place to ride is the one with the most fresh snow that day and closest to my house because i hate driving. Snowboarding is like growing because you need patience and have to ride for many years to learn your way around the mountains. Just like the only way to get better at growing is by experience, the more harvest you have, the more you learn. The thing about growing is i should be able to do it even when im old and can no longer snowboard. I cant wait to see the chronic ill be growing in 5 years, and the insane lines ill be dropping in Alaska. Life just gets better with time.

Also the medicine makes me feel completely at one with the mountains and the terrain im riding. Sometimes im so high riding powder i feel like im in a dream and i can just land whatever i want and take my riding to the next level. I also feel like when im medicated i have more respect for the mountains, and I make safer riding decisions. Safety first

F

Frankie Pebbles

I agree w/ J-Fly. Where ever has the snow my ass will go!!!

F

Frankie Pebbles

What up any heads go to the premier last night? Del was cool.. never summer video was better than anticipated. I bounced after that. Much better then past years.. maybe it was red rocks?

J-fly

J-fly

Jeremy Jones' Deeper premiering tomorrow at the Oriental Theatre. Should be the best snowboard movie of all time. Could be a tie between Thats It, Thats All.

J-fly

J-fly

No other movie will match "Deeper"..jj is the godfather of riding huge lines in the deep back country. i followed the whole making of it and all the side feeds on TGR for many months now and got a promo vid 2 weeks ago.. some of the sickest terrain ever riden!

thats it, thats all i watched again tonite and its good but not that good..the new cams they shoot with is what makes the movies look so sick to watch. t.rice has mad skills and is in jj's "deeper" check out the bonus stuff on thatsit,thats all.. good stuff ;)

Was the promo the full movie? Or just a teaser. Are you going tomorrow?

T

TurboAllWD

This movie looks pretty cool, and you guys are saying its the shit so I might as well check it out myself. If you spot a turboawd sleeper car in the parking lot and smell the dank coming out, thats me and my bro, looks more like a 20 year old grocery getting rust bucket but it rolls out, holler and ill match.

Can't wait for the slopes to get fresh powder as I gota learn how to ski in that shit! I think it'll be easy enough. My patients friend is a powder junkie and he was tellin me its easy for someone to learn that already knows how to ski on shitty snow, ice, man made etc. I only got to ski once last winter and it was at loveland, it blew my mind, I was fucking speechless. Ten times more fun than the bunny hills out east with a massive 800ft vertical drop, lol, I think loveland was like 2400ft. Yeah my balls shrank going up the lift the first couple times.

T

TurboAllWD

Any deals on ski passes? I'm looking for a multiple ski resort package.

D

dman16

epic or 5 mtn pass is what i would recommend. breck, keystone, abay, vail and beaver creek (10 days total at vail and beaver creek for 5 mtn pass which is plenty for alot of ppl).
got my new skis mounted finally but cant do any living room jibbing till my fuckin ankle heals.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Snowboarder

I lived and worked at Keystone back in 88-89, back then there was no snowboarding at Keystone. I learned how to snowboard at A-Basin, the guy in the window at the top of the lift would hold up cards grading my wipeouts. A good friend said you want to learn how to snowboard come with me and up pavlacini lift we went, when we got to the bottom I could snowboard. Now I live in the midwest where they slide down ice hills like night skiing out west. I think my days of floating down a mountain are behind me, but you never know. Hope you all have a great, injury free shred fest this season

mal

A

ace

I am trying to get the mula together for a pass....ya I know I said that a while back. I ride never summer, been riding for 13 years. I am ok......Learned back in Maine, Learned not to fall in Maine ahahaha. I ride a never summer, that unfortunately hasn't had more than 40 hrs on it over the past 3 years. Used to have an M3 which I loved, but it started to de-laminate. Had and Have an elan, my first board ever. Got a few burtons at my rents house back on the east coast. The never summer is an SL 158, and I am supper impressed with it. I need new bindings though, I have some old mikey leblancs ahahaha from about 5 years ago.

Andy binding suggestions out there? Time to start piecing stuff together.

Ace

Latest posts

Top Bottom