Coco and Athena! Never look Back

• Thread starter TheConnection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Yeah, so why don't you stay off. Or did you just hop back on here to say something else stupid or to accuse me of being a rep for Athena again? Piss off bitch boi
well I really do not go a year without posting to the site and then comeback swing at the fences like yourself. Surely if you spent the time to look up my posts you would have found that.

Anthem

Anthem

well I really do not go a year without posting to the site and then comeback swing at the fences like yourself. Surely if you spent the time to look up my posts you would have found that.
wait it seems you have had some more recent troll remarks as soon as 3 1/2 months ago

n0name_james

n0name_james

I really like it when an authority such as yourself comes on the forum and has so much knowledge and experience to help out us lower performing growers.
For example I like how you chimed in about Athena about what 15 months ago and now you have been smoking bland Athena buds for years. First mention of that was your post today.
I also like how now you are bashing Athena for liquid nutrients. Ha Ha that has to be the work of well an inexperienced individual. Why am you ask, because the cost for someone as yourself is substantial more with liquid over dry. So for someone waiting on the license to grow that is just pure inexperience. Lets face it prices are in the dump and you want to waste money on liquid nutrients.
I think you are what is commonly known as a want to be. Meaning. you just take information from the web or another person or forum and regurgitate the information. No real information but more bro type science.
Ah yes, a want to be that just got licensed to grow in Oklahoma. I'm bashing Athena because it is mostly hype. 5 ec?! In flower that is ridiculous, let alone veg. Yes, 15 months ago and Athena has been around for a while longer than that. I believe I said "over the past 2 years". But I guess you can just make shit up on this thread like you did before.

Anthem

Anthem

Ah yes, a want to be that just got licensed to grow in Oklahoma. I'm bashing Athena because it is mostly hype. 5 ec?! In flower that is ridiculous, let alone veg. Yes, 15 months ago and Athena has been around for a while longer than that. I believe I said "over the past 2 years". But I guess you can just make shit up on this thread like you did before.
OK is 6 months and 1 day to get a license.

n0name_james

n0name_james

Dude you are a douche. You act like people can't come on here and disagree with anything that goes against what you believe. I simply responded to a notification in my email about a new post to this thread, just like you did. There has got to be something wrong with you. Are you short a marble? Did mommy drop you on your head as a baby? Seriously man,.what good did you think that comment you made "oh bummer your back" was going to accomplish it added nothing of value to the thread.

n0name_james

n0name_james

wait it seems you have had some more recent troll remarks as soon as 3 1/2 months ago
Yes, I am a troll because I comment on peoples posts whether I agree with what they say or not.

Anthem

Anthem

Dude you are a douche. You act like people can't come on here and disagree with anything that goes against what you believe. I simply responded to a notification in my email about a new post to this thread, just like you did. There has got to be something wrong with you. Are you short a marble? Did mommy drop you on your head as a baby? Seriously man,.what good did you think that comment you made "oh bummer your back" was going to accomplish it added nothing of value to the thread.
I am just calling it the way it is. A spade is a spade, just like a troll is a troll.
Happy Trolling!!!!!!

n0name_james

n0name_james

I am just calling it the way it is. A spade is a spade, just like a troll is a troll.
Happy Trolling!!!!!!
Says the guy that posted a negative comment with no constructive criticism anywhere, or anything value add to the conversation. lol. Like I said, your are mental Anthem. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what I first posted to this thread today. And you know I am right about Athena, just like you knew I was right last time. I think this is why you get your ass hairs in a twist. If you have any experience as a grower, you know damn well those EC numbers are insane! You would also know that what I said about other growers surpassing those yields with far less fertilizer is also true.

I'd like to think I can continue posting to this forum without you trolling me. Which is exactly what happened here today. I know your crazy ass can't see that so I will forgive you and just chalk it up to your distorted reality. Also, don't ever play poker for money. You can't tell a spade from your ass.

Anthem

Anthem

Athena is not like your typically Jacks, Mega Crop, Master blend or any of the other dry salt lines. It is very similar to HGV because both are known to run Calcium at higher rates than those listed previously. This can create problems because Ca is antagonist with P and. Mag. Secondly, Athena Pro Line is really designed to be used like this. Mix up the 25 pound bags into stock tanks to the correct PPM.This is for all three parts. Athena has some problems with their ingredients in both the bloom and the veg. Both are highly hydroscopic and can take on up to about 10 to 15 percent water weight even when they are kept in a sealed tub inside. This further antagonizes the relationship between CA, P and Mag because the CA is in the core in the form of Calcium Nitrate. So you have a situation that were you are running CA high and then you are even increasing it beyond what the formulation calls out.
Also most stuff seems to smell the same grown with Athena Pro Line

n0name_james

n0name_james

Athena is not like your typically Jacks, Mega Crop, Master blend or any of the other dry salt lines. It is very similar to HGV because both are known to run Calcium at higher rates than those listed previously. This can create problems because Ca is antagonist with P and. Mag. Secondly, Athena Pro Line is really designed to be used like this. Mix up the 25 pound bags into stock tanks to the correct PPM.This is for all three parts. Athena has some problems with their ingredients in both the bloom and the veg. Both are highly hydroscopic and can take on up to about 10 to 15 percent water weight even when they are kept in a sealed tub inside. This further antagonizes the relationship between CA, P and Mag because the CA is in the core in the form of Calcium Nitrate. So you have a situation that were you are running CA high and then you are even increasing it beyond what the formulation calls out.
Also most stuff seems to smell the same grown with Athena Pro Line
Holy shit! You just blew my mind. That is value add. I didn't know any of that technical stuff, but I do know that the bud is bland.

What are you running now? And what is your average cost per gallon?

Anthem

Anthem

Says the guy that posted a negative comment with no constructive criticism anywhere, or anything value add to the conversation. lol. Like I said, your are mental Anthem. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what I first posted to this thread today. And you know I am right about Athena, just like you knew I was right last time. I think this is why you get your ass hairs in a twist. If you have any experience as a grower, you know damn well those EC numbers are insane! You would also know that what I said about other growers surpassing those yields with far less fertilizer is also true.

I'd like to think I can continue posting to this forum without you trolling me. Which is exactly what happened here today. I know your crazy ass can't see that so I will forgive you and just chalk it up to your distorted reality. Also, don't ever play poker for money. You can't tell a spade from your ass.
That high EC crap is actually being pushed by Athena. I first started hearing about it early in 2021. The Athena blow hard Chris Duran had a podcast about it. I think at that time he was pushing 3.0 EC from clone to finish. I was never really able to get it over an EC of 2.5 without seeing nutrient burn. I heard a guy on hear the other day running it at 3.3 with no CO2. It makes pretty buds because it was started in Cali by JB. They started Athena and Luxx. Luxx was purchased by Hawthorne last year and it no longer as of 12-31-22.

n0name_james

n0name_james

That high EC crap is actually being pushed by Athena. I first started hearing about it early in 2021. The Athena blow hard Chris Duran had a podcast about it. I think at that time he was pushing 3.0 EC from clone to finish. I was never really able to get it over an EC of 2.5 without seeing nutrient burn. I heard a guy on hear the other day running it at 3.3 with no CO2. It makes pretty buds because it was started in Cali by JB. They started Athena and Luxx. Luxx was purchased by Hawthorne last year and it no longer as of 12-31-22.
I heard that about Luxx at the Cowboy Cup this year. The Next Light/Blazing LED guys were talking about it. I heard Hawthorne took on a lot of debt because Luxx owed one of their manufacturers a ton of money. Not sure if that is true or not, but it would not surprise me.

Anthem

Anthem

I heard that about Luxx at the Cowboy Cup this year. The Next Light/Blazing LED guys were talking about it. I heard Hawthorne took on a lot of debt because Luxx owed one of their manufacturers a ton of money. Not sure if that is true or not, but it would not surprise me.
There is more than that to the story. I do not know all the details. Nor do I care.

Anthem

Anthem

Why did you go thru with the license in OK? I was told that place is just over run with commercial weed? how much does a quality P go for?

n0name_james

n0name_james

Why did you go thru with the license in OK? I was told that place is just over run with commercial weed? how much does a quality P go for?
The market barriers were fewer here than anywhere else but Maine. Lowest licensing cost and the most freedom.

It is getting better here. There is a lot of commercial weed. That wasn't how the system was set up, but loop holes were left in place intentionally to let the big names in here.

You got Cookies out here, Altvm. Lots of companies from Cali and CO out here. I think Altvm is originally from Washington. I know they just purchased the old Ocean Spray facility in New Jersey... 100,000 sq ft. But guess what, their bud is mids at best. A lot of it, I wouldn't smoke for free. Somehow they keep winning awards though.

n0name_james

n0name_james

There is still a market for good bud in OK. There may be 10,000 growers, but half of those are inactive/expired licenses and there is a moratorium in place for the next 2 years. And there are a lot of dispensaries. I'd say another 30% of the growers isn't even what I would call mids. A lot of what you see on the shelf has no bag appeal. All you need here to be considered top shelf in OK is bag appeal. It doesn't even need the nose. It can smell like fresh, green weed. If it has good structure and is frosty, people will buy it.

True top shelf will go for $1800/lb in OK. When we spoke last year I was actually in Maine. There, I was getting $2400/lb on average because the bud game is so weak. The outdoor season always brings the price for indoor down a bit, but the outdoor there wasn't even approachable, unless you enjoy having PM and aphids.

I rarely buy bud anymore because all this Instagram weed looks great but smokes like shit. Nothing pisses me off more than paying $30+ an eighth for an unenjoyable smoking experience that leaves an awful aftertaste in your mouth.

If you know how to grow real dank. Bud that has bag appeal, terps and burns clean, you can do very well in Oklahoma. But I feel like that is true most places except maybe California. Other states, the licensing costs are astronomical and/or the requirements impossible to meet.

n0name_james

n0name_james

I lied. It looks like there is now only about 7,000 growers in the state, most of which are micro operations. This article (link below) will explain one of the challenges the OK market, and other legal markets face. Illegal grow operations. There are a lot of Chinese nationals that have purchased land in OK. It was the same in Maine. A lot of Chinese there too. It is basically slave labor. The man behind the curtain is never seen, probably sittin fat in Hong Kong. They pack them into these old homes on acreage, give them one car and a small per diem and that's about it. And they grow the worst indoor you will ever see.

It is the wild west out here but I like it, minus the tornadoes. My advice to anyone looking to enter the legal market is find a state that is legal and affordable and get there now before a moratorium is put in place. The states that come to mind that have affordable licensing are Maine, Colorado, New Mexico. And Oklahoma once the moratorium is lifted in 2 years, assuming nothing else changes. There a lot of licenses for sale in Oklahoma right now, both grows and dispensaries. Colorado still has some open counties, others have a moratorium. With New Mexico, the challenge is water rights if you decide to grow on a large scale. Peace.

Anthem

Anthem

I lied. It looks like there is now only about 7,000 growers in the state, most of which are micro operations. This article (link below) will explain one of the challenges the OK market, and other legal markets face. Illegal grow operations. There are a lot of Chinese nationals that have purchased land in OK. It was the same in Maine. A lot of Chinese there too. It is basically slave labor. The man behind the curtain is never seen, probably sittin fat in Hong Kong. They pack them into these old homes on acreage, give them one car and a small per diem and that's about it. And they grow the worst indoor you will ever see.

It is the wild west out here but I like it, minus the tornadoes. My advice to anyone looking to enter the legal market is find a state that is legal and affordable and get there now before a moratorium is put in place. The states that come to mind that have affordable licensing are Maine, Colorado, New Mexico. And Oklahoma once the moratorium is lifted in 2 years, assuming nothing else changes. There a lot of licenses for sale in Oklahoma right now, both grows and dispensaries. Colorado still has some open counties, others have a moratorium. With New Mexico, the challenge is water rights if you decide to grow on a large scale. Peace.

The Asian Weed thing is out here as well. A lot of green houses in the high desert, seems like the same type of set up you are talking about because there is a weekly arrest report for an operation called Hammer Swing. They bust about 30 grows a week. This has been going on for about 16 months now and it just keeps going. I found a really cheap hydro store in a part of town that is largely asian people. You got the young Asians pulling up in there 150K cars and then you got a mom and pop showing up in a mini van. Word I hear is no one really wants the Asian weed anymore before of as you mentioned. I know they have complete distribution systems set up so they have a hand up on that. If you can get the stuff into some of the east coast states that are still illegal I hear of prices like 4k for Runtz and stuff.

n0name_james

n0name_james

The Asian Weed thing is out here as well. A lot of green houses in the high desert, seems like the same type of set up you are talking about because there is a weekly arrest report for an operation called Hammer Swing. They bust about 30 grows a week. This has been going on for about 16 months now and it just keeps going. I found a really cheap hydro store in a part of town that is largely asian people. You got the young Asians pulling up in there 150K cars and then you got a mom and pop showing up in a mini van. Word I hear is no one really wants the Asian weed anymore before of as you mentioned. I know they have complete distribution systems set up so they have a hand up on that. If you can get the stuff into some of the east coast states that are still illegal I hear of prices like 4k for Runtz and stuff.
Good gravy! I remember when I first started 8 years ago I could get 3200 wholesale and my bud wasn't that great. 4k would have me giggling like a school girl.Its a shame I don't fuk with the black market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom