COCO GROW SHOW SSSDH/CD IBL/Grape Kush/Sour Diesel

• Thread starter swisscheese
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swisscheese

Anyone have any experience with blumats or any other type of auto watering system? I'm seriously getting tired of carrying 5g buckets of water around this jungle. Was up at the depot and eyeballed the pex systems thought I could do something with that and my 1800gph danner pump who knows though I just invested some money in beans.

S

smirkis

first of all, snowcrash, keep it simple man. my buddy tries to think like you and has had nothing but problems. canna gives you a chart, and if you follow, you will make some buds. they've done all the research for you, use the whole lineup and i swear you can't fail lol. the only other additive i use outside of the canna line is silica blast from botanicare. there are certain plants that end up needing specific changes and have different needs, but thats not to say these "different needs" of all those specific elements are gonna work across the board. i've tried 15 different strains with my specific nutemix, and some plants love it, some don't. soo get rid of complicated strains in ur system and grow what loves simplicity. in my case im down to about 6 strains, which is plenty to cycle thru a sog.

swiss, autowatering systems are awesome, but if u want to maybe still be hands on, create a 50 gal rez and mix up a weeks worth of nutes. 20ft hose on a pump and a watering wand. i love being in the grow room, but not for hours.

S

Snow Crash

first of all, snowcrash, keep it simple man. my buddy tries to think like you and has had nothing but problems. canna gives you a chart, and if you follow, you will make some buds. they've done all the research for you, use the whole lineup and i swear you can't fail lol. the only other additive i use outside of the canna line is silica blast from botanicare. there are certain plants that end up needing specific changes and have different needs, but thats not to say these "different needs" of all those specific elements are gonna work across the board. i've tried 15 different strains with my specific nutemix, and some plants love it, some don't. soo get rid of complicated strains in ur system and grow what loves simplicity. in my case im down to about 6 strains, which is plenty to cycle thru a sog.

First of all, Smirkis, I keep personal bs off the net. KISS only takes a person so far.

S

swisscheese

swiss, autowatering systems are awesome, but if u want to maybe still be hands on, create a 50 gal rez and mix up a weeks worth of nutes. 20ft hose on a pump and a watering wand. i love being in the grow room, but not for hours.

I was debating the watering wand route to finish this run as I already run a 55g res and have a 1800gph pump laying around. Was thinking garden hose hooked up to pump with a T by the pump when I let go of the trigger the excess pressure can circulate in the res. Hands on is starting to get hard honestly is why I need to make the watering style change. I've been carrying 5g buckets full of plant juice and doing it by hand for a few rounds now but the girls are getting crowded and overgrown again LOL. What gets me is I only used 2g containers in hopes of controlling height on most of the plants but they're beasting on me anyways, time will tell.

Thanks to everyone who dropped by! I'm going to go roll some lemon cake and then williams wonder haze and then sharksbreath in honor of everyone here thanks for all the help and comments.:rollj:

S

smirkis

i can't reply to your personal message snowcrash, but i think you have me confused.

swiss, u can honestly go without the T, the pressure isn't enough to cause issues as the pumps only on as long as it takes you to water. 24 ladies in 8" pots takes me about 20mins with my watering wand. mix enough for the week, and your task just got easier. i use the black hydrofarm hose u can get at any hydro store, and some white plastic fittings from homedepot to convert a slip fitting to a garden hose fitting. keeps you hands on in the room, but minimizes the workload while ur at it. i had planned on making a autowater system, but i like giving each plant the right amount of runoff, and not every plant always gets the same amount.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I was debating the watering wand route to finish this run as I already run a 55g res and have a 1800gph pump laying around. Was thinking garden hose hooked up to pump with a T by the pump when I let go of the trigger the excess pressure can circulate in the res. Hands on is starting to get hard honestly is why I need to make the watering style change. I've been carrying 5g buckets full of plant juice and doing it by hand for a few rounds now but the girls are getting crowded and overgrown again LOL. What gets me is I only used 2g containers in hopes of controlling height on most of the plants but they're beasting on me anyways, time will tell.

Thanks to everyone who dropped by! I'm going to go roll some lemon cake and then williams wonder haze and then sharksbreath in honor of everyone here thanks for all the help and comments.:rollj:

I started wand watering with a pump hooked up this round(like to blow off valve idea) and its much better than luggin 5 gal buckets around up and down stairs, 2 at a time dumb!. I actually got a hernia last round doing this(im off work waitin on surgary as we speak) I also like the idea of being in the room but jus not fir hours, thats why i went with hand water wand not automated, but now that im into it 4.5 weeks and still having to commando around in the room I regret not setting up an auto feed typa system not to metion that sometimes i get lazy and dont water every day. Im realizing that I dont have to force myself to be in the room. i really enjoy it, so next round ima set up an auto watering system, also i want to feed multiple times a day and its not practile fir me to be in there multiple times a day. im limited on time as is.

Confu...

S

swisscheese

That's pretty inline with how I'm thinking confuten I enjoy being in there but I am going to try and track down some tropf blumats and see if they're worth the hype. If that isn't quickly available then its watering wand or cut off 2 liter pop bottle til the end.

S

swisscheese

Mixed up a rhizotonic foliar spray and had the ph around 6.2 then figured I'd add some Dutch Masters Gold Range Saturator and the ph went way over 8.5. The Saturator says don't adjust the ph with foliar nutrients but obviously I'm using a diff brand. Anyone else experience this and should I ph down even though it very clearly instructs me not to?

S

swisscheese

Starting to lose motivation with the scrog may just let it ride out and see what happens. Everything now has little baby buds just popping. Went with a ph of 6.3 for the foliar and everything loved it, the saturator/penetrator had the ph up to 9.75. Girls seem happy maybe a little warm getting up to 29C in there. Have been bubbling some molasses and rhizotonic with a light dose of nutes to see what happens I think they will enjoy it been bubbling it for 3 days now.

DSC00829   Copy
DSC00830   Copy
DSC00831   Copy
DSC00906   Copy
DSC00907   Copy
DSC00908   Copy
DSC00909   Copy
DSC00910   Copy
DSC00911   Copy
D

Deflectohead

@ Snow or anyone that has good knowledge.. Dont mean to steer the attention off Swiss but i had a question that the ppl in this thread might be able to help me with.. After reading this thread i thought i would ask what you guys might consider a simple question that i havent had any luck finding the answer to. i'm new to using mainly coco mix and was wondering which bloom nutrient you would use from Supernatural Brand. the bloom aqua or bloom terra? here's the nutrient analysis on both. Aqua NPK 11*8*18 Ca 8, Mg 2, S 4.5, B .01, Fe .08, Mo .005..... Terra NPK 11*31*15 B .02, Cu .05, Fe .1, Mn .05, Mo .0024, Zn .05 I ran the terra in a 50/50 promix/coco blend on my last ladies and they came out great. i've also used their products in ebb & flo buckets with great success.. but this round i am using half botanicare coco and half roots organics potting soil (which is mainly coco with some peat) due to low funds and this is what my friends had laying around. they made it through most of veg with me just feeding them humic, fulvic, b1, carbs, calmag plus, hygrozyme and one watering of cns17 grow the week before flower. i also foliar with b1, Roots Organics extreme serene(seakelp) and supernaturalbrands Green Stay. my ladies are 3 days into flower and are starting to lighten up a bit so i need to choose which bloom nute to use. any advise on this would be much appreciated. also heres a pic of a nug on my small dream queen mainly grown with Supernatural (8 days from:harvest:)
dreamqueen1.jpg

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey Swiss,
have you thinned out all of the small lower shoots and undergrowth yet? You gotta be somewhere between week 3-4 of flower. A lot of growers thin this stuff out so the plant can focus on making bigger buds at about day 21 or so. If you haven't done that yet, you might want to strongly consider that before time gets away from you. It's already probably late in the schedule as it is. It will help out a lot come harvest time.

-TF

S

swisscheese

Throwing the last 2 lights up and updating pics including cleaned up shots of some ladies today. Shit is getting super frosty!!!

rawman

rawman

Nice man, I am also testing out some CNS17 myself right now.... So far I went through the grow and bloom bottles with no burns and good results.... Let's see that update!

S

swisscheese

Can't upload any of my new photos that are resized to 1024x768 and under 200kb filesize.

S

swisscheese

The long delayed pic update! Cleaned up some bottoms and am battling some spidermites I won. Ding ding we have a winner! They're pretty minor since I axed the culprits of it all some sssdh girls they were like mite crack for some reason they took out the mom of that strain as well. May have had some dormant eggs on them but it's all good now and under control.

DSC01272   Copy
DSC01273   Copy
DSC01274   Copy
DSC01275   Copy
DSC01276   Copy
DSC01277   Copy
DSC01278   Copy
DSC01279   Copy
DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

I am running coco next round and i love this thread.....thanks for the information.....dj

S

swisscheese

Everything is stacking up real nice nearly doubling in size in the last few days! Watered half of them today with a low ppm mix to flush them out real good, they're loving it! Have been washing and wiping the girls down as much as possible to keep the borg under control and having strong fans is also helping. Hopefully I am going to be able to avoid chemical warfare this late in the game don't want any residue messing up my flavors.

S

swisscheese

Chemdog ibl hermed bad and was my best looking plant before that. Vacuumed off spider mites but this run went south real fast. Will still hopefully be able to finish with some dank.

S

Snow Crash

That is very unfortunate to hear. I hope what is left works out for you.

Top Bottom