Coco Redemption - Free at Last!

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smirkis

how much of the silica do u end up adding per gal as a result of using it as a ph up? jus wondering, i use it as the bottle suggests, 2ml on babies, 5ml on teens/flowering. ive noticed it help with overall healthyness.

also, jus curious why you chose roots excell over canna's rhizo?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I am almost to the end of week 3 in flower. I just mixed up a 25 gallon batch of nutes, and it was around 5.0 PH to begin with. I added 100ml silica (4ml per gal), and my PH ended up at 5.9. The roots excel I had left over from my H&G nute stash. I'm on the Rhizotonic now.

-TF

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Good to hear you've got things sorted out TF! :nod

Taedon83

Taedon83

I loved using Rhizo. I used roots excel now. Thinking of using GH's new rapid growth. Super cheap and similar to Roots excel I hear.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey guys, just had a minute to update. First off, thanks Shady and Taedon.

The mite outbreak seems to be staying under control for the moment. No signs still in flower, and I've not seen a live mite since the first outbreak. I hit it with (in rotation) Floramite, Avid, TR Fogger, Floramite. Next another Avid, and perhaps another fogger. Then I will switch it up to the SNS & Azamax, alternating in the avid or floramite once a week. After a while, only once a month with those.

The girls in flower seem to like the added nutes. No more new yellowing or dead leaves. I ramped up the nutes to 2.0 EC, and they seem to be better. The runoff did catch up to me 2 days ago, rising above the feed concentration, so I gave them a bit of a cal mag water flush. Got a little taco on some, but all in all they look better.

I also tried out for a switch, the General Organics cal mag instead of the botanicare, as per JP's suggestion for flowering plants. That I had mixed results with. If I used it immediately it seemed fine, but I mixed up a larger batch of nutes, and it had hard skin on top the next day. Then the rest of the tank had a crap load of some other fallout as well.

I have been having a hell of a time uploading pics at the minute. I will get that fixed hopefully real soon.

-TF

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
That's good news bro! Have you manually hand watered the girls with any Great White and some Bud Candy or unsulfered molasses? Gotta have a good mycorrhizae network to take advantage of the organic CalMag. In any event, hope to see what's on deck in the veg room... :coo

P.S. I'd like to know more about when others cut out the Silica... I've been stopping around week 4 when the stretch slows down... :thinking

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Shady, I gave all my flowering girls a dose of great white in their flush a couple of days ago. The silica I have been running still at this point. I really am not aware of any reason to stop before flush. I would say I am planning on stopping the last two weeks.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Photos

I figured out that the problem with my uploads was that my pics were right on the borderline of being too large of a file size.

IMG 2460

IMG 2459

Sour OG
IMG 2462

CVK
IMG 2467

These are the 3 females out of my Alien Dog V2 seeds.
IMG 2457

Gotta run.

-TF

S

smirkis

everythings lookin better trichrome, glad to see u gettin things in check. and jus to toss it out there, i run silica until flush.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Excellent job of bouncing back swiftly TF! :rock

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Glad to see yournshit doing good finally. I just went through some problems also I just switched to a parabolic hoods and a sealed room and the growth rate is crazy I fed as usall and in two weeks i started having major defficencies and not until I stared feeding them almost twice as much normal did they start looking good. good luck with the rest of your grows and just keep reading your plants they will tell you everything.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Fallout Pic

Here is the fallout that I got in my tank after a couple of days with the General Organics cal mag.
If you use it right away, it doesn't seem problematic, but leave it in a tank for a while.......

IMG 2416

My poor little power head was covered in poo. A little cleanup and we are back in action.

Lessons learned here at the lab every day:D

-TF

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Here is the fallout that I got in my tank after a couple of days with the General Organics cal mag.
If you use it right away, it doesn't seem problematic, but leave it in a tank for a while.......
My poor little power head was covered in poo. A little cleanup and we are back in action.

Lessons learned here at the lab every day:D

-TF

Just in case...

good idea to take it apart to get it fully clean, I have had the poop stick to inside the pump and then was jacking up res again.

Shady said:
P.S. I'd like to know more about when others cut out the Silica... I've been stopping around week 4 when the stretch slows down...
RE: Silica

I usually cut out the silica @ week 4 as well.

silica benefits new growth so may not bee needed as much by week 4, by then we have build up the silica in the plant.

Silica is not mobile like other nutes, so that way by the time harvest comes the plant is not loaded up with silica.

Hope that helps, keep up the good work!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Just in case...

good idea to take it apart to get it fully clean, I have had the poop stick to inside the pump and then was jacking up res again.

RE: Silica

I usually cut out the silica @ week 4 as well.

silica benefits new growth so may not bee needed as much by week 4, by then we have build up the silica in the plant.

Silica is not mobile like other nutes, so that way by the time harvest comes the plant is not loaded up with silica.

Hope that helps, keep up the good work!

Yep, took it apart and scrubbed it out.

That seconds the silica call. Nuff said. 4 weeks it is. Thanks again.

-TF

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Update Time

So here we are at day 43. The buds are definitely packing it on.

Chem Valley Side
IMG 2473

Chem & Sour OG side
IMG 2475

Chem Valley Kush
IMG 2479

Sour OG
IMG 2480

Finally got my controller and manual switch box done. Now I can program all of my valves for any feeding schedule for any of the four zones in flower, and up to 3 nute tanks and have switches that control the same manually as well.
IMG 2488

The seven valve manifold. I also used some 24vac relays to switch the outlets on a box that I plug my pumps into as well.
IMG 2492

I neatened up my 1/4" feed tubing. This is very important if you're the type who is not big on cleaning up leaks.
I arced it over the edge of the table, so no water can follow it down.
IMG 2495

After all that, I still had some time to go anal on my room some more.
IMG 2471

Everything looking pretty good. Not perfect but pretty good. Only of I could get rid of that taco on some of them. I'm working on getting the humidity up. It is only about 60% RH give or take right now. Thanks everybody!

-TF:evilgrin0013:

2DogWalker

TF,

This is great bro, plants looking good, got em stacked in there for sure now!

That irrigation system looks great man, so clean along with everything else you got goin!!!!

Best
2DogWalker

OGONLY

OGONLY

Damn TF, you are one anal mofo! I love your set up bro. I'm anal too, but you take it to another level man.

Buds are looking nice bro. Gonna be a heavy harvest it looks like. Enjoy...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
The girls are looking great TF! And that work station is off the hook... Just one note, try not to go higher than 60% RH or you run the risk of PM... :thinking

Top Bottom