Coco Redemption - Free at Last!

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

shits looking great bro, doesnt DTW blow away rdwc in ease?

its so incredibly easy to fill a bucket vs fill 150gal, drain it, flush with 150gal, drain it, refill with nutes once a week

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

That setup is killer. After talking with you I had no idea that's how you roll. Your one modest,humble individual T.F. I think you said "I'm a little picky with the construction of my setup." Understatement of the year in my eyes.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Whoa, whatup a lab ya got goin TF, Dedication bro, I love the setup, take care, SSP

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks guys, time flys when I am in the lab. I am always making refinements.

Shady,
I believe that it was you who originally turned me onto VPD. In the article in max yield, the numbers were somewhere like 70-75% RH at 75-80f. I have the article at home. I am almost 100% that was about the numbers. I will have to check when I get home. I am open to more input.

Mitten,
Thanks man. I am kinda compulsive with building. It's my forte. Next will hopefully be my learning the ins and outs of growing in the coco.

Dizzle,
Thanks for droppin in. I am digging the DTW, and I'm adapting on the fly. No bricked run this time. I'm super stoked on the flexibility of the media and tables.

Shiva, thanks for the support. You got some skills yourself.

-TF

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

:clapping I love your lab set-up bro! I doubt if I'll ever get to your level of organization- my wiring has difficulty navigating that area :thinking ...but what you've done/are doing is inspiring, nevertheless.

A little late, but I'm on board for the duration. Good info to be found throughout the thread, as well.:yes

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hells yeah bro - nice chunkage on the chem valley!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No worries brah, but that chart was a general rule of thumb as there are other factors to be observed... I'd stay between 50 to 60% RH to be safe, and you can lower the RH near harvest... :cool

J

Janus

Running with RH at/near 70% is not really a contributing factor to PM or rot problems. (I've run with 70% all the way through flower for years) The biggest issue with running it that high is controlling the spikes right after lights out and right before lights on. If you run near 70% during the day it will routinely hit 85+% during those periods if not controlled. Those spike are the problem. (Not the 70%) Careful monitoring/recording and managing with vents or dehueys will keep the pm and rot away.

Peace

K

kushtrees

Very professional looking man your in for some great buds keep on killing it!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey yall,
just here to stop by and check in. Thanks everybody for stopping by to see my little slice of heaven.

GanjaGardener,
welcome aboard. Feel free to browse the aisles.

Motherlode,
thanks man. Liking the CVK bud structures? That is good to hear coming from you.

Shady,
thanks for looking out for me. I have a feeling the future is so bright, I'll have to wear shades.:cool

Ale,
thanks for droppin in man. When you doin LA photo shoots?

Janus,
thank you very much for dropping your wisdom here. I will take heed. Right now my RH at night peaks out at 75%. It gets as low as 65% at night as well, both at around 73-75 degrees. Daytime is at 65% mostly at 75-85 degrees. Gotta get that one up into the 70's RH.

Kushtrees,
thanks, I plan on killing it. Then trimming it neatly.:harvest:

Lead,
thanks buddy. Heavy duty, eh?

-TF:evilgrin0013:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Quick Pic Update

Here's a couple of shots at day 50 in the flower room.
IMG 2515

IMG 2516

IMG 2512

IMG 2514

You can see the F"n overgrown Sour OG in the back. The thermometer probe is hooked on to one of the colas that is closest to the light. You can see how right near the light the temp rises and RH drops. Elsewhere, in the part of canopy that is manageable, the temps are 76 and RH 60-65 during lights on. Still working on that one...

IMG 2513

-TF :rauch08:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Temps and RH seem to be damn near spot on. Those buds are putting on the fatness.

S

Snow Crash

I'm going to be the first one here to say that I don't think your high humidity is helping you much.

The curl of your leaf edges indicates to me a transpiration issue. Often times a little extra Potassium goes a long way to assist this.

Your plants depend on evaporation to keep the leaves cool and if the humidity is high then the rate of evaporation will be low. This decreases transpiration, increases leaf temperatures, decreases stomata size, and as a result, decreases uptake.

Not that your plants look sick... But they certainly could look a little happier.

Also, Molds thrive in humid environments. Molds can grow at any humidity but 70% RH and 75 degrees F is damn near PERFECT conditions for mold to anchor in and start reproducing. I've been running my 1400w tent at 40% to 50% humidity with a lower risk of mold and what I consider to be happier plants.

Not to be a naysayer... But this whole high humidity thing is not what I would suggest to anyone, ever.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Seamaiden,
good mornin to ya, and thanks for stoppin by the fun lab. Can I get you a cappuccino?:)

I'm going to be the first one here to say that I don't think your high humidity is helping you much.

The curl of your leaf edges indicates to me a transpiration issue. Often times a little extra Potassium goes a long way to assist this.

Your plants depend on evaporation to keep the leaves cool and if the humidity is high then the rate of evaporation will be low. This decreases transpiration, increases leaf temperatures, decreases stomata size, and as a result, decreases uptake.

Not that your plants look sick... But they certainly could look a little happier.

Also, Molds thrive in humid environments. Molds can grow at any humidity but 70% RH and 75 degrees F is damn near PERFECT conditions for mold to anchor in and start reproducing. I've been running my 1400w tent at 40% to 50% humidity with a lower risk of mold and what I consider to be happier plants.

Not to be a naysayer... But this whole high humidity thing is not what I would suggest to anyone, ever.

Snowcrash,
thanks for stopping by and offering input.

I share the same theory as you in the leaf curl being a transpiration issue.
As far as the RH, my daytime isn't actually up to what's recommended in the article on VPD in max yield mag. Whether they are right or not is to be seen. They do seem reputable enough of a source. It just seems odd also that every green house that I have ever been in seems like 80% RH at least. I do have a lot of air moving around as well also to be safer. We shall see if it works or bites me in the ass in the long run. So far no signs of PM or bud rot anywhere. The extra Potassium could be definitely also be something. I have been trying to stick as close to the whole Canna program on this run, so I am not sure if I want to vary too much this run, just for future runs comparisons sake. The curl is not on some plants, minor on others, worse on a few. I always had attributed it to hot spots, which also result in pockets of low RH. My temp probe in the hotter areas had also confirmed the statistics. Up to 10 degrees warmer, and 10-15% lower RH. It seems to be a byproduct of the adjust-a-wing reflectors.

S

Snow Crash

Seamaiden,
good mornin to ya, and thanks for stoppin by the fun lab. Can I get you a cappuccino?:)

Snowcrash,
thanks for stopping by and offering input.

I share the same theory as you in the leaf curl being a transpiration issue.
As far as the RH, my daytime isn't actually up to what's recommended in the article on VPD in max yield mag. Whether they are right or not is to be seen. They do seem reputable enough of a source. It just seems odd also that every green house that I have ever been in seems like 80% RH at least. I do have a lot of air moving around as well also to be safer. We shall see if it works or bites me in the ass in the long run. So far no signs of PM or bud rot anywhere. The extra Potassium could be definitely also be something. I have been trying to stick as close to the whole Canna program on this run, so I am not sure if I want to vary too much this run, just for future runs comparisons sake. The curl is not on some plants, minor on others, worse on a few. I always had attributed it to hot spots, which also result in pockets of low RH. My temp probe in the hotter areas had also confirmed the statistics. Up to 10 degrees warmer, and 10-15% lower RH. It seems to be a byproduct of the adjust-a-wing reflectors.

Totally dude. I don't want to seem like a "no" it all. There is definitely some credence to higher humidity in greenhouses. Time will tell...

With the leaf curl I get that pretty commonly when using Canna. My Skunk and Trainwreck strains that are like perfectly balanced 50/50 sativa-indica always seem to be on the hunt for a little more K+ then I give them. I've tried a few things, Humboldt Nutrients Deuce Deuce was pretty good for the transitional stage because at 0-0-22 you don't need more that a drop in a large reservoir to adjust the level enough. The kelp extracts helped keep stretch under control on those 50/50 strains that seem to have a bit more vigor in them from seed than the others that lean on way or another. The problem with this product is that it has too short a shelf life for someone not burning through a commercial amount of gallons of solution.

Recently I've switched over to AN Big Bud dry (because it has more Potassium than the mixed stuff) and this has had a good influence on the flower building period, around days 20 to 38 of flowering, before the big PK push around weeks 5 and 6. I'll keep my use low, watching the EC as I add it. I'll add maybe .05ec at first, working up slowly to about 0.2ec (or about 100ppm) extra. Not a huge amount, but enough to combat that curl and it doesn't hurt to get some nice big buds too. Of all the AN products the Big Bud Dry is really reasonably priced, especially when you're not using much in each reservoir. The $20 smaller jar lasted me like 25 plants in ~10L of coco on average start to finish.

Food for thought.

I'm learning a lot from this thread. I really, REALLY, appreciate journals that I can learn something from. Thanks a lot for all the great input and detail into your methods.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
TF, we like to roast our own coffee, how about I share a cuppa home-roasted Joe with ya? :)

PM presents in a 25% RH scenario, whaddaya do? I never experienced bud rot or PM that I could simply directly attribute to high RH, so to me it's a much more complicated issue than that. And then there's the fact that, with my own girls at least, when I let that RH get up there was when they were most tumescent, most happy, grew best.

Maybe today I'll get in a little more planting. Got compost coming tomorrow! And in two days the world will end, my beans better get poppin' with a quickness.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Snowcrash,
I don't think that you are a know it all buddy. A wise man once said that true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing. I am always open to ideas. It would seem that you are reasonable, yourself.

I'm so close to the finish, that I will just ride out my current schedule, but I will look into adding a Potassium booster to my arsenal for future runs.

Again, thanks for tagging along, and offering your input based on your experiences.

-TF

Latest posts

Top Bottom