Colorado gathering

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

Let's use this thread to make some in-state gatherings happen in 2010!!

First possibility..... the Western Slope Cannabis Cup.. April 17-18th. A few folks have bantered around the idea of heading up...tickets or not..to terrorize Aspen and generallly see WTF the foray is all about.... and then doin a smoke out/BBQ/camp out Sat night....

anyone familair with the area? I think we could snag a spot of two at an RV park in basalt....but if anyone had a link/line to something/somewhere that may be melted out on BLM/NF land that would be cheaper and far more private..... I'm close but I don't spend much time in the RF Valley to know....

ideas..anyone?

Second possibility....

Twin Lakes (camping in the Nat'l forest)

May 21, 22, 23 (Fri night, sat night, sun or any part of those dates you can make)

there are some nice spots just North of the lake/power station. I was on a nother list a few years ago and we had a get-together here one August that was nice..though it rained all weekend...

OR....if you have any alternative ideas/campsots... post 'em up and let's get some discussion goin'

FYI. Leadville is about 10 miles north of Twin Lakes.

OK....so who wants to join in on the fun?

tell us what yer thinkin'.....

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i am in, i just dont really know the area all that well, let me know and i will be there... i also might have access to some of those tickets for the cup if anyone needs them..

true grit

true grit

How much for the tix? I'll be up there for the cup thing at least for Sat at the minimum. Since i tossed out the bbq idea, ya know my ass is down like 4 flat tires.

Whats up with leadville?

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
hey grit they are 35 from a disp. here... i have heard they go for 25 on the net but i think they are gone... if you want i can hook you up with the peeps here and they will take care of you.. i think may would be better weather wise... just my two cents...

sky high

sky high

Tix would be fine. If anyone snags some grab me TWO. I'll certainly pay ya back. (I can paypal)

Up here in da hills there are none to be found that I've seen. T'would be cool to actually get in the event. Shit...I've "seen" Aspen...harump....fart/belch.... and it's "off season" to boot so town will be dead and a lot of stuff will be closed. (I'd wager cheap hotels and venues are why the Crown is in April...as well as the chance for it to be on "4/20" one year or more if this thing takes off and isn't a fluke/fable/folly...

s h

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Whats up bro. Our last gathering at Twin Lakes rocked. You can count me in and I'll be sure and bring bigsur. I'll bet a lot of folks from the cabana will want to attend.

sky high

sky high

Yo bro!

Cool. We should have a few more folks show up this go around. Hopefully we'll luck out on the weather....but we'll string up 'tarp city' again just in case!

sounds like a plan!

s h

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Keep posted on the determined date i am coming to Colorado Day after tomorrow to look for spots to move. (any help or info greatly appreciated) but i may bullet burn this meeting as i am trying to move on the first of May.

BUT I REALLY WANNA GOOOOO !

sedate

sedate

Me and my girlfriend will come check it out, for sure.

Weather does look to be a bit spotty, judging from the last few weeks.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Rain didn't slow us down last time. Sky had a mighty nice camp set up and waiting when we rolled in. Everyone stayed high and dry lol.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My son's birthday is in the 18th and some pretty important things have come up recently, so I may not be able to make it to Aspen after all, but I am totally down for the May weekend of the 21st. I've been camping all winter so my gear is ready to go. Dry is not as important as high, imo, lol. Bring a 40 for True Grit. I happen to have the best camping recipe ever conceived for fish, if there's any to be caught nearby, and I also will bring my troutslaying gear so I can show off...lol (not really, guys, I love to fly fish but I'm not Joe Orvis).
Looking forward to meeting some like-minded people. This'll be informative, humbling (for me, I bet), and FUN.

sky high

sky high

right on, orvie..'er..a...altitude! I'd say that all of the camp spots that we will have a choice of are within walking distance of Mt. Elbert forebay (lake)...just above twin Lakes.
Even if ya don't catch any fish it's Fer sure you'll catch a BUZZ!

Ya rocky...we'll do 'er up again....and I've got a nice little 12 v stereo unit w/subbie this time around to boot.... LOL. Something tells me rain or shine we'll be a bit more "prepared" for an all out assault this year...

s h

CBF

CBF

Supporter
im goin to the aspen event, no tickets here, but fook it, just wonder around and check the scene.

i was thinkin we could set up camp in the parkin lot of the first ski hill(cant remember the damn name), its right after the airport, and when i was workin over there, many parked RVs, or semi's over night. its huge.

hopefully buddy comes along with his rig, otherwise ill sleep in the suv next to Skys rig:D

CBF

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Sounds like we're going to have quite a turn out this time. The timing on this is great, I'm about to harvest Apollo 13, Chemdog, orange kush and C99.
We gonna get hiiiiiggghhh.

true grit

true grit

Sweet guys, I'm gettin stoked!! All ya had to say is that there is fishing within walking distance and this ol texas boy is sold!!!! Though we don't know how to fly fish down south! lol.

Can't wait to link up in Aspen. If I can find a caretaker for the pup I'll stay over night, if not I'll kick it all day....

Hell yeah Alt- 40's and Blunts! lol....though with how many blunts we may have going 40's may not be a good idea! haha...

Rocky- no doubt, by the camp out i'll a good bit of sick bubble hash, loompa headband, and sssdh to chief on as well as Alt's RMD....ready to get down!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Though we don't know how to fly fish down south!

Yeah, no snagging unless it's Kokanee season... LOL. My first few years of salmon fishing on Lake Michigan tributaries were pretty fun; snagging was still legal, and we fished with "broomsticks" and 80lb test. Usually a 4 oz torpedo lead weight and big treble hooks. Poor fish didn't stand a chance.

Sounds like we're going to have quite the selection. I'll bring the best of whatever 10-12 strains I have jarred up. Jah Kush, Sour Grape Haze, RMD, Purple Haze, (see strain list on grow thread, lol)

This is going to be a good time. Can't wait.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

You guys are gonna kill me lol.My Tolerance is top notch where im from, but shit. I'm sure ill have something worth shakin a stick at though,

sky high

sky high

Jus' the 10,000 foot altitude will have ya reelin', Leroy..... toss in some dank and you will be lit!

yup...sounds like a good time. Bring yer extra lung!

Aspen? Looks like I may have the big "AOK" for a solo trip if any of the rest of ya are gonna make the push to go. Just gonna be too damn hard to drag the dogs/wife/etc along when camping and the other perts are unknown...

flave....those tix still around?

guys...what'cha thinkin'?

s h

Top Bottom