Colorado gathering

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I'll be attending the NORML aspen legal seminar june 10-12. I can't make it anywhere for the weekend, I've got too much going on. Damn I wish I could go but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. You guys get high as fuuuuuuuuuhk for me! :bongsmi:

sky high

sky high

We shall see, monkeybone.

I'm gonna show my age by saying this...

but it'll either be a legit gig with an informative and educational vibe...

a sales pitch for a few chosen few dispensaries...

or it'll be a buncha tatt'd/peirced 20-somethings sparkin up all over the streets of Aspen trying to recreate what they >think< the 60's and 70's were like.

either way we'll be there representing the AARP crowd...for better or worse!

s h

sky high

sky high

He's probably from California. LOL

I was wondering why we need anyone from the 'Dam here as well?

it'll be worth a walk-through, at least.

s h

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I was thinking that was marc emery's title (who has his seed bank back up and running by the way www.cannabisinvalid.com) but he's the self proclaimed PRINCE of pot, not the king of pot. Well, I'm the dungeon master of dank. The duke is still up for grabs!

EDIT: Unfortunately I found out www.cannabisinvalid.com is a SCAM, so please don't order anything from these assholes.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'll be the Joker of Tokers, Sputnik...
Headed up sat morning to arrive in Aspen around 9-10am.
Can't camp; got to be back for my kid's birthday on Sunday. (Wasn't MY idea to have him on the 18th; talk to his mom. I was holding out for 4/20).
Talked to a buddy today who's "pals" with Corry and he (my buddy) felt the event was going to be way too commercialized due to funding the shindig, but the folks involved (with which he was acquainted) had pretty good hearts. IMHO, it could go either way, depending on who claims alpha- a patient with a heart for patients, or a {person} with a heart for cash.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

I am on my way up right now :) ill be in Colorado in about 7 hours...Hopefully ill see a few of ya soon !

sky high

sky high

Hey..it's Aspen. >Everything< is commercialized and spendy. Toss in a burgeoning industry focused on $$$ rather than the sick/poor...

perfect match, IMO! LOL.

Wow, alt...you'll be up and on the road wayyy before the Sun rises. Not sure when I'm gonna blast over that way....but I'm lookin forward to hookin up @ some point.

last I heard there's no smoking or med vending at the event. If it's all about $$$ I would have thought it would be set up otherwise....but then again....if there's no weed they'll no doubt be fully set-up to make a killing selling the demon alcohol (my guess) like most misguided MJ/MMJ events (SAFER/Sensible colorado) have been in this state to date.... We shall see.

if so...it'll be a damn quick walk-through for me...

s h

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Just booze? That'll make me the duke of puke! ok, enough already. Apparently people were vending meds at the cannabis show here in denver. that's not good when people are vending meds where they're not supposed to. People treating their cards like it's a permit to deal weed. Some things just don't change, these dumbasses need to leave the scene but it's getting filled with them instead.

These cannabis shows are a fucking joke if you're asking my opinion.

Altitude, money talks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsAGdDsqsvg&feature=related

true grit

true grit

Hate to say, but technically since everyone at the vaape was a patient, why would there be any problems vending meds? The were NO meds at the cannabis convention fwiw, which was open to public, but patient events I don't see the problem.

sky high

sky high

Bingo, tg. I have to think that it's sheer economics that drives the "Open to the Public" tag on these events..when in all reality... I feel they shouldn't be open to the Public because there are undoubtedly folks out there who would like to remain at least somewhat private about thier medical maladies and their usage of cannabis @ this point in time.

Oh yeah...and their presence (Public) screws up any patient networking that could legally take place if it were a "private' event open ONLY to carded patients.

s h

true grit

true grit

Bingo- hit the nail on the head there bro. The Vaape was nice for the reason it was patients only, open environment and not as sketched out about who is there thats a non-patient.

I mean at the Canna Convention I was watching cops, watch people walk in and start jotting notes down on notepads as people came in to buy tickets. I mean c'mon....Plus as I have a feeling this aspen thing will be- every booth dispensary/ yada yada had half naked hookers strutting around trying to give coupons. I can't count how many times I had to tell em to leave me alone I didn't want their meds. lol

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

These things do need to be patient only and discrete for the love of god. Constant radio ads blaring "cannabis convention" and what not. Someone was selling meds, I'm not going to name names but people were unfortunately selling meds at the one in denver. They picked people out of the crowd and gave them doc recs for free. that's pushing it, pointing at someone random and telling them they are qualified to be a CO MMJ patient. There's just no discression left, the biggest dipshit wins. I saw one of the guys that work at one of the bigger grow stores here in denver come into the dispensary today and try to sell a QP. And they say don't mention weed in a grow store but they grow it themselves, what a joke. I'm sick of the hookers too.

I overheard one of the guys from cannamed telling a guy to rob people for herb so cannamed could get it really cheap. That and the caregiver rights brokering have that place on my shit list.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I haven't attended one of these events and probably never will. Just seems way to exposed to me. I didn't even like putting my name on the registry.

sky high

sky high

I like my card, rocky. It's saved my ass once already. Had I not put my name on the registry the po-po here would have certainly plastered my name all over the FRONT PAGE of the local newspaper. Talk about going public....

for me, being on the registry has been a positive experience. It's nice to be able to sleep again....

be well, bro

s h

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I like the peace of mind sky, just don't like being in a State database. It is nice when I start catching a whiff of the flower room upstairs and don't have to freak out lol.

sky high

sky high

Yo all.

As always, the best part of any "road trip" is meeting folks. The Aspen adventure was no exception.

I arrived SAT about noon and started checking shit out. The event was split between 2 hotels...the St. Regis, where registration took place (more on that in a bit) and a small "expo" of vendors was set up. The second part of the event was held @ the Gant. This is where the buds for the competition were displayed and the dispensaries participating were set up.

When I went into the St. Regis I noticed people filling out paperwork of some sort....so I asked a cat WTF he was fillin out. What I found oiut was that to see the buds and go to the events @ the Gant you not only had to be a patient....but you had to sign your caregivership over to the dispensary operating the event for the weekend.... ('til Sun @ 5pm)

This didn't sit well with me........

I left...went up/out on the street...and met CBF/his bro. We went back in and stood in line to "register".....and when we got to the front of the line we questioned WHY we needed to sign ANYTHING (your name/address/phone # were being taken)...

same BS as going to a dispensary. If we didn't fill out the forms we could only see the expo...and all events @ the Gant were off limits....

Even so.... we decided to opt out....takind a RED wristband (non-patient) to see the "Expo" (weak...VERY weak) but that seeing a buncha buds as growers wasn't a HUGE draw....so we offered NO personal info....scaned the "expo"....and got the fuck out of Dodge.....ending up out in the BLM land for a campout and some "testing' of our own.....

disappointing to say the least. I'm DONE offering my private info to the dispensary "model" folks....Crown or no crown...no matter >>what<< the event. The LAST THING I WANT is to get a Christmas card from these folks and end up on their mailing list....

dunno what bud "won".....

s h

P

pikes peak 69

Always a scam going on. We would all do better staying away from these hoakey events.

pp69

true grit

true grit

SH- Bummer bro, well lemme say the Boulder thing didn't work out for me either. Turned out it was just a pay $30 and ride around to SEE all the spots. Don't think there was any gifting/consumption on behalf of the dispensaries so I passed. I don't need to look at places I won't go. Lol.

Hey did yall at least have a good smokeout once ya left?

sky high

sky high

I'm sure that many of the folks in attendance @ the Aspen event had a great time, tg.

Looked like a buncha kids comin out of Chucky Cheese after cashing in their Skee-Ball tix to me...but hey...I'm not professionally trained to spot the >sick and dying< so WTF do I know?

I dunno if "smokeout" describes it...but the 3 of us definitely made the rounds on the 8-10 samples or so we had on hand...both sat night and Sun AM (Wake and BAKE!)

Top Bottom