Colorado gathering

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Melizzard

Melizzard

Rocky, this is in the national forest, right? Cuz if so, they're allowed. So, we're probably gonna take a quick drive to scout it out this weekend ... could you tell me, based on Alt's directions, where would we find that primitive area?

xxoo
mpb

Melizzard

Melizzard

So who all is considering coming this time? Alt and Rocky for sure ... who else? Sky? Mr Sputnik? Gritty? Tykacha?

Melizzard

Melizzard

OK, Altitude Farmer and I are going camping and everyone is invited. Sky, we're not going to 11-Mile Canyon because there is no primitive camping or horses allowed there. But if you go toward the reservoir, and pass Blue Mtn campground, and take the 1st left turnoff after that, there are some lovely spots back there with trails all over the place. So my hubby and I are taking the ponies. If anyone else wants to camp next weekend, let me know! :)

Rocky, if you're still interested, the hubby and I thought we'd go secure the spot Fri AM since we know where we need to be now. We thought we could mark the turnoffs w/orange tape, leave our red Prius to secure the spot, go back and get the horses/camper and come back (our horses are in Divide).

xxoo
Melizzard

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I'm camping next week end period! I don't care where we go as long as its not to far a drive. I'm so over due for a get away. One of my bros is coming with me and we want to be out of town by 9 or 10 Friday morning.
Mel if I have an trouble finding you I'll try calling. Hopefully cells work over there.
Sky are you joining us?

Melizzard

Melizzard

Rocky, I'm thinking we'll head out of Woodland Park around 10 or 11 ... so you might beat us there. Then maybe you should pick the spot. But PLEEEEZE be aware that I have a 42-ft rig and am NOT good at tight spots or backing. That's why I wanted to get there first, but you are apparently a much earlier riser than I. Maybe it's that big chunk of PTO I eat every night before bed? ;)

xoxo
Melizzard

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I get up at 4:00 during the week and sleep in til 6 or 6:30 on week ends and vacation. Bad habit but I can't break it lol.
Maybe we could arrange to meet in Divide and convoy in.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Melizzard, nice job on the recon. I'm planning to go for sure. Need an altitude adjustment!!!!!

Melizzard

Melizzard

Rocky, that would be good. The only thing is that what if we're running behind the power curve, which we frequently are? ;)

xxoo
mpb

Melizzard

Melizzard

Hey, we're actually getting ready to start looking for a lot in the Pike that is near some trails ... to have a permanent camp spot for our horse endeavors. We could also us it for Colorado gatherings! ;)

xxoo
mpb

Melizzard

Melizzard

Calling SKY HIGH, WINTA, TYKAYCHA, MR SPUTNIK, TRUE GRIT and everyone else who was interested in camping in May ... last call for this weekend near 11 Mile.

Also, any other dogs, besides possibly mine, gonna be there?

xxoo
Mel

sky high

sky high

Still kinda on the fence here....

I'm just getting things rolling well on the install of a hardwood floor here @ the Ranch. I HOPE it goes down easy...but time will tell. I'm definitely wingin' it... LOL. (just keep the bubbler full and we'll figure it out) Now that I'm into it I gotta finish it because this project has been far too long comin' and the wife has been mega patient with my ongoing inaction on this front. Need I say more?

In addition, the better half has another commitment (a benefit concert for the 20 yr old who drowned in May) and it's too far from home to just pop in for a night, so if I make it I'll be solo.

FWIW, M....if I come I won't bring my dogs. I have no idea what they would do around horses but it probably wouldn't be a relaxing event for anyone.... so nah.... not a good idea.

we shall see how it shakes out. It'd be fun to get away but I gotta cross some of this shit off the list before I can feel good about takin off.

s h

Melizzard

Melizzard

Totally understand, Sky! I'll be sure to get a spot big enough for all of us just in case. :) So far, it's just me, AltFarm, and Rocky. Small but mighty, I say! :)

xxoo
mpb

Melizzard

Melizzard

Hey Sky, good possibility of no horses this weekend ... have to see how I feel tonight, but if my cramping doesn't improve, don't wanna have them out there in case we need to make a hasty exit. I can let you know for sure tomorrow AM ... but I do understand that intense honey-do list. My husband has one just like it except it doesn't involve a deck! LOL

Would love to see you again, but if you can't make it, totally understand. Unfortunately, this trip doesn't have nearly the interest the first one did. :( :(

xxoo
mpb

sky high

sky high

Ayeee...... a small but mighty group!

And hey.....we may yet make it.

B is showing interest/feeling kinda left out....and may pass on the concert. (we'll make a monetary donation which is what it is all about anyway) At least that was the last I heard on the subject....

So no FIRM commitment here yet whatsoever just yet... but I WILL say that the floor is DONE. About 20 hours total of bendin/stooping/poundin'/cuttin' and gluin'..... but dat somabitch is IN!! (Hickory floor in master bedroom) Such makes me feel good about takin a break....so my mind is starting to swing in that direction. Still gotta do some painting.....but I'll probably blow off staining the trim til next week and consider this 5 day ass bust "good enough" payment to get the F outta Dodge for a few daze.....

So I'm guessing either I'll make it by myself or we'll both show up.....

M.....IF YOU feel like bringing the horses...do it. >>>If<<< we end up onsite we will have the dogs but we've decided that we can always camp off to the side a bit away from the commotion/other animals and seperate em out of needed. If my dogs are pricks We'll park em in the shade and they can stay in the truck! (I'm bringing my bark monitor) We'll MAKE IT WORK....one way or another if we show up. Don't change any plans on our account, please.

I should know more soon....

s h

Melizzard

Melizzard

OK, so I tried to avoid this, but I'm gonna have four Papillons with me this weekend. Do any of your dogs chase rabbits? Cuz these dogs can sort of instigate a prey drive in another dog cuz they kind of move about like bunnies at times. Don't wanna lose one of my girls out there. The horses ... well, we will probably bring them ... but we just need to be sure that everyone keeps their dogs from pestering them too much or the dogs might get a kick. They're good with dogs, but remember they'll be tied to a high picket line, so they won't be able to get away from them. It's OK if the dogs check them out, but if they become too much of a nuisance to the ponies, they might not be too happy at the end. ;) So, for your dogs' sake, it would be good to just make sure they don't terrorize the horses. :)

On the other hand, John might decide against it ... but I know he would prefer to ride a bit.

We just gonna "every man for himself" on the food thing? Guess it's a little late to prepare for a potluck! LOL So, AltFarm ... you will prolly be up Sat AM? Rocky, I know you're coming tomorrow, as am I. Sky, when do you think you'll arrive, if you're able to make it? Sure would love to see you again!

Anyone heard anything from Gritty or TyKaycha? Where the hell are those two anyway?

xxoo
mpb

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

LOL- Gritty is a busy busy man... Ty is overseas, I believe. Let's free-for-all the food; we can definitely share when your dinner looks better than mine, Mel!!!!! :) I'll bring a big club, so if any black bears get too friendly, we can roast one over our cookstove (I'm calling a drumstick right now!). I will be up Saturday asap.

Melizzard

Melizzard

OK, here's my last update. What with the nasty ass hailstorms and downpours we've been having, I don't want my boys (horses) tied to a high picket line where they can't run if they get hailed on (like they can at the barn). So since they'll have a come apart if they get hailed on high picketed. So they're staying behind, but the dogs will be there. Bought them some tie-outs today so I don't have to herd little dogs all weekend. ;)

See y'all tomorrow and Saturday ...

xxoo
mpb

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Does that change your departure time any Mel?
I've got to get out back and finish loading up some firewood then get my gear in the truck. After that I need to spray the veg room one more time. Think I've finally got the upper hand on this borg problem. My order of Forbid showed up yesterday and I'm hoping this will be the end of those lil bastards.
I told my partner I'd pick him up in Manitou about 10:00, then we just need to score some groceries. Anybody know a grocery store that will trade food for buds lol?

Latest posts

Top Bottom