Colorado outdoor activities.

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Cherry Creek Arts Festival this weekend....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Last night at dusk fish were looking up briefly during caddiss hatch, seems all he monsters are kicking back, from gorging on stoneflys...
Did hook a monster, but had drag too tight and off it came.
Was pissed got too dark to see to tie on fly, could not find hole even with hair around it.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Off to river for evening hatch been real hot in evening for about 1 hour.....8 till dark. nite before last killing them till it got too dark to see to tie on fly, got a device makes it easy to tie on small flies will help...hashdube, gunna be awesome....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome fishing so far this week.
Suckered in a kid who got fired at a local high end resort, hes a fishing guide, they are total assholes to their employees, 21 years old. Giving him room, our incredible meals all the goat milk he can guzzle, puffin all day. access to private waters, he helps with chores till its time to fish. He is thanking ME for letting him help. Great deal for both. Work him 3 to 4 hrs. daily, then off to fish.
Real good kid, smart, motovatied, can almost keep up with the chickenman. almost 3 times his age.
Yesterday was so awesome fishing on the private access. We only had a couple of hours, but we were there foe almost 4.
Fish were hitting red copper johns, real nice rainbow up to 18 inches. Love the way rainbows jump out of the water. 2 feet easy and some jump 5 or 6 times. Upon rekease theres still lot of energy so the fight don't wear em out too bad. Lots of good fights before they come off as well, like it when they come off when you just about to net them....
The private access is awesome different than the high mountain desert with a river running thru it I usualy fish, both totally awesome.
2 for 2, fished Sun and Mon. of this week, lets see if we can hit it this evening foe the hatch...
Kid loves it...Sucker!!!LOL win win for both....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Was up at 5am raring to go, get them chores done them hit the river for full day starting around 8am.
Man all that pot ive smoked daily for the last 42 years sure slows a person down........

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Anthracite river one of the top gold metal waters in the country is where were headed....Ever been or heard of Pute

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
heading up to my place in Steamboat. Will check out the Yampa and go for some brookies up high. Hey putem if youre up at your place you should run up for some brookie action

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

heading up to my place in Steamboat. Will check out the Yampa and go for some brookies up high. Hey putem if youre up at your place you should run up for some brookie action
what youre in steamboat now??? dude thats not too far from me come kick it! you got my digits

i lived in steamboat for a bit, in the super cut out there, was fuckin awesome.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Don't live there but have a place. Parents met and married there in the 70's. Bro was born there. I got married there. Lots of roots in the Yampa valley

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
12 mile fly fish float scheduled for this afternoon evening...
Bustin ass, smoking grass, farm it, fish it love it.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
12 mile fly fish float scheduled for this afternoon evening...
Bustin ass, smoking grass, farm it, fish it love it.....
Was all set to go got to river blowing like hell, will hit it 1st thing tomorrow.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Great day on The Gunnison fished new water for me at no Sink area and did real well. Pats Rubber leg, Red cooper john and San Juan worm nymphs were the ticket. Nothing looking up all day. Long day wore out. our section of the Gunnison had a flash flood last night. Reports of tree stumps washing down river, river was very stained this morning as as of 6am.
Great day 25 or so nice Browns and Rainbows, beautiful drive over and back not too crowded, got to love Colorado and the outdoor activities !!!!!!!!! Go Pute!!!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sore all over from yesterdays fishing and farming, nice rain last 2 nights here..
Will rest up a little after chores...Sunday day of rest. Our section of river will be blown out for several days iam sure

putembk

putembk

Guess no ones outside...
Yard work on Saturday and had to entertain the son-in-law on Sunday while wife and daughter went to a wedding shower. Shot pool in the basement for 3 hrs. He kicked the shit out of me. The player you get the smoker you are. (think I will put that in the favorite quotes thread) Weekend is over and folks are back at work and now it's time for me to get outside. If only it would stop raining.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Yard work on Saturday and had to entertain the son-in-law on Sunday while wife and daughter went to a wedding shower. Shot pool in the basement for 3 hrs. He kicked the shit out of me. The player you get the smoker you are. (think I will put that in the favorite quotes thread) Weekend is over and folks are back at work and now it's time for me to get outside. If only it would stop raining.
When you done come over and do some yard work here... Endless...Iam the worlds worse pool player gave it up hopeless...

putembk

putembk

For guys like you and me C-Man choirs are our job. There is always shit to do. Endless!! Kind of like a housewife, work starts at dawn and ends at bedtime. I bring most of it on myself by being so anal. Rather be busy than just sit around and watch television though.

Love pool, just can't see anymore. Balls are fuzzy...is it the pot or are my eyes going bad. Need to get the vaporizer out of the basement.

Top Bottom