Colorado outdoor activities.

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

Sounds very cool, summit. Have any of you ever been to the arches near GJ?
Colorado FWC Rally Sept 2009 419

sky high

sky high

Such an awesome place. Definitely more restricted now than back in the day on the camping side of things....but overall that is a good thing. Amazingly...they have yet to ruin it. Very surprising considering the popularity of the drive up/over the Monument. anywhere near the rock art you are talking about? (or is that N.across the valley?)

summitoker

summitoker

I have been to the arches but it has been a while.....I am way north. The area I have been exploring is in Dinasour national monument, and north towards wyoming.

putembk

putembk

Sitting here pretty much the same as I was on my last post. (Baked) Had a great trip on Saturday. Started slow but ended great on a small stream above Bailey. Cannarado has so many connections, if one doesn't work we just move to another. Beginning to think his family owns Colorado. This was the prize of the day.
I caught this 24" rainbow on a 3wt rod using 6x tippet using a #22 pink midge.

A

A20Grower

Sitting here pretty much the same as I was on my last post. (Baked) Had a great trip on Saturday. Started slow but ended great on a small stream above Bailey. Cannarado has so many connections, if one doesn't work we just move to another. Beginning to think his family owns Colorado. This was the prize of the day.
I caught this 24" rainbow on a 3wt rod using 6x tippet using a #22 pink midge.
If you can ever get onto Boxwood Gulch or Long Meadow you might hook a Palomino. It's normal to catch four species, and a five spot isn't unheard of either, and six is possible. I was there last fall and caught mostly browns and rainbows, but they also have cutters, cut-bow's, Brookie's, and Palomino or golden trout. It's glorious.

I imagine more info can be seen on boxwoodgulch dot com.

putembk

putembk

If you can ever get onto Boxwood Gulch or Long Meadow you might hook a Palomino. It's normal to catch four species, and a five spot isn't unheard of either, and six is possible. I was there last fall and caught mostly browns and rainbows, but they also have cutters, cut-bow's, Brookie's, and Palomino or golden trout. It's glorious.

I imagine more info can be seen on boxwoodgulch dot com.
I fish boxwood about once a year. Stated there just after the owner first started letting anglers fish on his property about 20 years ago. Was fishing on a lake next to the river last weekend....river looked like chocolate milk. Guys were still fishing there though...not me, I will wait for it to calm down and clear up a bit.

putembk

putembk

gunna hit it briefly, chocolate duck butter
I will wait it out, or at least go high. Gotta take a quick run up the hill later this week. Won't even take my rods with me. That way there is no temptation to even try.
Break out that bright stuff C-Man....maybe.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Stone flys are starting in on the river. Saw a few yesterday, water running at 350 and is clear thru the gorge. Talked to a guide who said they were thick as shit up river a ways....
Should be perfect timing for my guided 3 day float coming up next month.
Back recovering, will be all ready.
Love my new bank robber rod... Maybe hit it Friday.....

A

A20Grower

Stone flys are starting in on the river. Saw a few yesterday, water running at 350 and is clear thru the gorge. Talked to a guide who said they were thick as shit up river a ways....
Should be perfect timing for my guided 3 day float coming up next month.
Back recovering, will be all ready.
Love my new bank robber rod... Maybe hit it Friday.....
Have you ever floated the Platte at Grey's Reef outside Alcova, WY? That's our yearly May or June trip. We used to go fishing in Canada when the price was $750 for a week and all you had to do is charter a plane to Yellowknife and take a float plane in. Now the same week-long trip is getting close to $5,000. No thanks, I'll keep paying $400 per boat thankyouverymuch.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you ever floated the Platte at Grey's Reef outside Alcova, WY? That's our yearly May or June trip. We used to go fishing in Canada when the price was $750 for a week and all you had to do is charter a plane to Yellowknife and take a float plane in. Now the same week-long trip is getting close to $5,000. No thanks, I'll keep paying $400 per boat thankyouverymuch.
No would love to..

llamabox

llamabox

Heading down to SLV sunday to look at some property and do some fishing. Hope to post pics.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Bummed the outfitter backed out on my 3 day trip in the Black Canyon so ill do an over niter this week, still will be awesome......

putembk

putembk

Hot Sulphur Day's this weekend. Wanna party??? Well here is the one you have been waiting for. Every year the sleepy town of Hot Sulphur Springs comes alive for Hot Sulphur days. Arts, crafts, mountain men, duck races on the Colorado River and lots to smoke. The city will be alive with horseshoes, pie contests and drunks. This year the city contacted the #1 cover band in Denver to play right after the fireworks display. The Thin Ice Band will play oldies from the late 60's and early 70's until midnight saturday night.
Take my word for it, this is one party you don't want to miss. The whole town will be baked beyond recognition including yours truly.
Just a quick trip up over Berthoud Pass and a few minutes past Winter Park and you are there. No cops, just a few firemen to make sure we don't burn the town down with the fireworks.
If this sounds like fun, pm me and will give out info on a time and place to hook up. No straight people allowed!!!

Mogrow

Mogrow

no really, that's awesome stuff there. any idea of the age of those drawings.
i know the points i find around here are from 350 to 10,000 years old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom