Colorado outdoor activities.

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

Isn't it nice to know my two buds can always count on me.....guess the pot isn't good enough...will try harder.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry, I am the foot fucking master but unfortunately you are the wrong sex and you sleep with chickens...go away and come back when you grow up little boy.
Cant ya take a joke????

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Old guys giving each other foot rubs (with hot chicken grease, no less)??? What has this world come to?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
That was a joke. :D
Good... Just fucking with ya, know your straighter than an arrow....and you get riled about homos, just a little.....
Besides my feet are pretty sour this time of year due to warm weather.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Off I go for afternoon reports are fish are looking up at most anything...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
awesome afternoon. Was windy caught a few on stone fly.
On way out hit a spot where clear and stained waters meet huge rainbow 22 inches nice and fat, made my day.
Hot tub, bed, lots of wading, hiking wore me out...

putembk

putembk

Buddy in the hills called today and said "Come Now". May Flies over here. At least for now. Caddis coming soon. Finally catching nice rainbows. Colorado is on it's way back thanks to the Division of Wildlife and their mitigation of the cause of whirling disease. If this strain if rainbows can successfully spawn watch out.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hit it today for a few minutes, full sun, no fish rising.
Came home slept all afternoon sore, still and tired as hell after yesterdays walk and wading action...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
1010926 476868232383645 1241708130 n
View attachment 321048

Trip summary..
1st day slow only a few fish per boat, met guide around noon, caught a nice brown within the 1st 5 mins., slow after that.had lunch around 1 ate shrooms right before, more as the day wore on.
Camped out, a few evening rises to stimulator dries. No stones seen.
Was helping set up camp and tents. They supplied nice tents. Had mine all set up with rocks inside to hold down.
Was helping 2 other set up when I commented about how one time all our tents blew into river.
That instant a huge gust of wind sent both tents cartwheeling down river and up the cliff.
Tents were blown several hundred yards up the steep cliff and finally got hung up in trees.
Guides climbed up and reterived them and we set up camp putting rocks inside, no more wind all night of course.
BBq steak, salad, fake mashed potatoes still very good after a full day of action.
Mike the orthopedic surgeon retired could not believe I brought a gallon of goat milk, he loved it.
Fished till after dark slow.....
Next morning. 1st one up just after day lite fishing by 545 am.. an hour before anyone else rose. Stones were moving from water to rocks on bank
Got ferried across river after breakfast ate shrooms by 830 am after breakfast, saw 1st stone flying of trip shortly after eating shrooms.
Took off fished from boat all morning stones increasing as we floated along.
6 or so fish till lunch. Fished shore till lunch was served, ate more shrooms after.
After lunch way more stones crawling and flying fished the Chernoble ant and stone combo, caught fish on both.
Afternoon stones swarming everywhere, fish were not totally keyed in but a few were taking.
That evening camped riverside fished till dinner, bbq pork chop, salad, dutch oven brownies not bad real hungry and high as a goon on those shrooms.
Told stories had them laughing like shit during dinner back on river till after dark, a few nice hookups on stimulator drys.
After dark said good nite, told em I aint even taking off wading boots or vest will sleep with rod in hand so ill be ready 1st thing come morning cant wait.
They loved it
Up again way before anybody else skittering that stimulator, slow morning, stones started flying way earlier, breakfast and off we went.
After breakfast and some shrooms all hell broke loose. Stones were thick as shit, fish were jumping everywhere. Looking skyward thousands of bugs flying, in trees mating all over rocks,and many were already laying eggs on the water.
We came upon a nice pool with fish rising like crazy. Stones were all over this wall, that went 300 feet straight up, thousands crawling. The wind would blow them down and the fish would gulp them up, caught several real nice browns before they caught on.
ON river right we noticed several fish gulping stones one after the other, one cast, soon as bug hit water FISHON!!!!
Quick lunch everybody rested I fished the 2 hours got a few.
Back on river for last afternoon, more shrooms.
So awesome. We would float thru rapids and I would cast quick to dark deep pools below running water, stab casting here and there and several fish hit fly the instant it hit water then off we went thru rapids fish on rodeo style thru the rapids, most came off but it sure was fun hitting the pockets and having fish hit bug lighting fast.
My favorite moment I will never forget. We were floating thru some tight deep dark water. I noticed 2 rocks mid river with a spillway in between from up river. As we passed I commented to guide, got to be a fish in there.
a perfect backhanded cast hit the water just below spillway and a huge brown instantly breached the surface took the stone fly and went deep.
Fish a brown was 22 inches and fat and beautiful as hell.
Asked guide if hes seen anybody catch one there before and he said no, that's a really overlooked spot, bet he will remember.. So fucking awesome...
did research about tips, guides and guests. I treated them right. They say a good client is gung ho and excited just to be on river. The other guests were kinda green, I encouraged them, told them you all are a great bunch and we all agreed it sure was a high time for all...me more than others
We caught the most fish even though I was the only one on board our boat
Was told they liked having me and today at the bar at the headquarters the owner was a little hammered and kinda hinted if your ready we would like to have you again if I can get a hall pass....
Brought down veggie plants, for his friends and some clients, owe these guys big time, what comes around must go around in this case...
Get all goosebumpy talking and thinking about this adventure.....Luckiest guy in the world....​

Latest posts

Top Bottom