Colorado Outdoor Greenhouse Big Plant

• Thread starter GreenTrees88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
papapayne

papapayne

Hope to hear good news. If nothing else, it does help the yield and vigor and resistance to pm and mold. My Botany teacher, and many other professional growers I know, would consider silica a macronutirent.

G

GreenTrees88

I did add azomite to the soil mix, but maybe the roots are not established enough to uptake?

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I want to get some personal experience from other Colorado growers on their Botrytis/Powdery Mildew on plants grown outside. I don't have this and hope I don't, but I want to be prepared. How prevalent is it in dry Colorado? What have you done to prevent? What have you done to combat it if you get it.
I have only had pm issues late into fall and only in a greenhouse. The problems you will have here is wind, hail and in the fall early freeze potential. last year we had a long season but 2 years ago we had a deep freeze 1st week of august. we are fairly close to each other. I would water first thing each day 1x a day until jul-august then you will most likely need to water 2x a day but maybe not with 300's i have only ran 100's.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

Thanks for the info papayne. We have plenty of sun here in Colorado and I might have a little to much wind up on the mountain. It appears that the wind is causing the leaves to curl and dry out. Not good. Has anyone had experience with this happening?
They are probably hardening off still. I like to give my plants a transition in a covered hoop before going out. sun screens are necessary with certain strains early until plants adjust to instense uv at altiitude.

G

GreenTrees88

They are probably hardening off still. I like to give my plants a transition in a covered hoop before going out. sun screens are necessary with certain strains early until plants adjust to instense uv at altiitude.
You're right. Next year I will take all the plants outside and place in a greenhouse in April. Each day raising up the plastic to get them used to the wind and sun.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Brutal conditions. Glad they are okay. The plants should snap out of the wind abuse and do fine. I would worry about harvest time. It was so windy at my last property that the buds would chafe against the cages and knock parts of the buds off

T

tryptanamide

EDIT - nvm about the hail i just saw your post above mine lol. Glad they're still doing amazing and hardly a scratch! Sorry about the redundent question btw. I will be subscribing so keep it updated... And maybe i might start a thread if i get around to it, yours has inspired me! namaste brother.

Hey man looking good!! Love the setup looks like a potential forest ;) I am posting because I too have been growing outdoor in Colorado for about 4 years...it really is one of the places where cannabis thrives the most in the world; top 5 I would say, but thats just an opinion lol. After all it is pretty close in longitude with the Himalayas so it cant get much better than here! But anyways; i wanted to make sure your plants were ok after the other day, as up where i am, around Golden , we had some pretty gnarly hail and had to rush out and pull a trampoline over my plants as they were getting pelted!! Luckily theyre all good , just lost a few leaves. Im not sure how much your plants have grown since your last pic but mine are around the 1' mark as of today, been taking off quick in the hot sun! So hopefully you didnt get the hail we got up here, what county are you in, if you dont mind me asking? Anyway hope youre grow is doing amazing still and all is well. Shoutout from Golden, keep up the good work.

Much love and peace
-trytanethylamide

Last edited:
Icristal

Icristal

@GreenTrees88 I have the same wind issue on my leave. Please how much silica did you use for each plant? And can you tell me where and what you got for silica, if you don't mind. Mine are in 18 and 25 gallon pots. We had relentless winds for over a week and my leaves look like yours do.

Thanks for the info in advance,
Icristal

G

GreenTrees88

@GreenTrees88 I have the same wind issue on my leave. Please how much silica did you use for each plant? And can you tell me where and what you got for silica, if you don't mind. Mine are in 18 and 25 gallon pots. We had relentless winds for over a week and my leaves look like yours do.

Thanks for the info in advance,
Icristal
I just bought the silica and the local hydro shop. There are several different brands, but we used silica Blast from Botanicare.

Top Bottom