COMPETITION!!! Loompa's Challenge

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Power OG

Power OG

I must say, I never in a million years expected the response that I am getting from the community about this challenge. I am hearing about it everyday in pm, posts, emails, word of mouth.....with everyone saying that this is something that they have all dreamed of doing. Im super stoked that so many of you out there feel the exact same way as I do. With that said....

Holy Shit!!! I didn't realize the monster I was creating and how many people want to be involved. Its going to be tough for me to keep up with everything, though Ill do my best. Help each other out. And some of you can even use Greendots example, and upon finding plants for you early starters, we can start collecting our database of worthy entries earlier also. So trade amonst yourselves also and use this little experiment we have going to expand your knowledge of breeding and selecting. Since its a community effort, We are also going to be the front runners to organising similar events that occur downline. Now I realize that there are pockets of connoisseurs out there that in some fashion or another try to do this exact same thing. But the scale on which this is happening is something Ive never before seen.

Disclaimer: OK everyone, your all gonna see me with my pants down per say...lol Im leaving the door open and going through enough stock with enough different people from growers to breeders and every single flaw of mine is going to be exposed like a raw nerve. I feel naked running through the mall...LOL So be gentle on me is all I ask, and maybe even use a little KY when you abuse me :)
We going streaking through the quad then bro. Lol
Respect

dogznova

dogznova

So loompa?

With my first pack of yeti bx2 beans I got 7 females and 3 males. I took the best male of the 3 and spread his love all over the 7 females..

As one would imagine I will have way too many seeds to go through myself with 7 girls and all..

I am deff willing to donate some of these yeti bx2 beans to a few growers that would like to get in on this pheno hunt competition that didn't have a chance to grab the yeti bx2. . My yeti bx2 beans will be ready in approx 3 weeks.

The 7 girls are getting 12/13 weeks of flowering (indoors) and pollination took place between week 3 and 4.

Just need to make sure it's ok first with the bosses.

Power OG

Power OG

So loompa?

With my first pack of yeti bx2 beans I got 7 females and 3 males. I took the best male of the 3 and spread his love all over the 7 females..

As one would imagine I will have way too many seeds to go through myself with 7 girls and all..

I am deff willing to donate some of these yeti bx2 beans to a few growers that would like to get in on this pheno hunt competition that didn't have a chance to grab the yeti bx2. . My yeti bx2 beans will be ready in approx 3 weeks.

The 7 girls are getting 12/13 weeks of flowering (indoors) and pollination took place between week 3 and 4.

Just need to make sure it's ok first with the bosses.
Think it would be great just dnt know if your cross would be considered yeti bx2's.
It would be more like a new UnderYeti f1 imo
Respect
TMB

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
dogznova: I have no problem running your cross. Especially if its all genetics from the library of genes we are working with in this competition. The only problem I forsee is its going to be awhile before they are ready. And Ill probably be closing the comp down from anymore participants. Right now Im waiting on current beans to be sent out from Logic to you guys and also a few packages I made up for a few folks who have contributed to what I am doing. Especially those that have sent me "Golden" genetics to work into the current line-up. Anyways, so as soon as everyone has their beans in hand, I'll be closing it up. But to be honest, I can't say one way or the other when that time will be, so keep doing what your doing and if the time comes when your beans are ready, we'll talk again.

Also, I see you took one male to 7 females. You can definately still get a good gauge of your females even if they are seeded and see which momas are carrying what traits. You might want to limit your searching to the females that come out of the work your doing. Still by all means make your open pollination project, but use beans from the real promising females that you find, and with 7 females to choose from, I know you are going to have some nice females with that many to choose from.

whatthe215

whatthe215

I'm thoroughly confused by this competition and how it works but I'm down to contribute.

Whatthe215
40 Foo Dog F3s
Coco beds or coco/perlite in rooter pots DTW, supplemented CO2
Canna coco A+B, Fasilator, OGBiowar, and lotsa love
Not organic

So do we find our keepers, try to trade with who we can, and then narrow it down to the best keepers?

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ love this opening sentence! woo-hooo this is gonna be a blast guys/gals.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
I'm thoroughly confused by this competition and how it works but I'm down to contribute.

Whatthe215
40 Foo Dog F3s
Coco beds or coco/perlite in rooter pots DTW, supplemented CO2
Canna coco A+B, Fasilator, OGBiowar, and lotsa love
Not organic

So do we find our keepers, try to trade with who we can, and then narrow it down to the best keepers?

Im just trying to make it a simple as can be and as fun as it can be at the same time.To be honest your supposed to find your best and then get them to me and Ill choose the winners. But Im leaving the whole experience to whatever you guys want to do. If you guys who have already made runs or are flowering out beans now, vs the ones we are still waiting on, theres going to be alot of lag in the process if you dont take the opportunity see and watch and trade/gift the keepers you find around, I have no problems with you guys sharing off your keepers as we wait on the people who got a late start. Im just also coming up with ways for group participation. If cuts are also passed around to others before it gets to me, alot more people are going to know and test and sample the plants that are being sampled. And I'll be listening to all your guys input.

So in essence, yes, you can do nothing but grow your pack and send me the best female. Then your done.

But if you want to get more involved in whats going on, your welcome to do so. I'm not the kindof guy whos going to set down a set of rules and pretend this is some world class chess championship. This whole experience can be whatever you want it to be.

Loompa

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Also @loompa and everyone else should we set a timeframe the sample has to be submitted ..

Ie. like a one month cure, one month from chop, or something of the sort..

There should be some record keeping of the samples, that way some things could be noted about it special qualities..

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Also @loompa and everyone else should we set a timeframe the sample has to be submitted ..

Ie. like a one month cure, one month from chop, or something of the sort..

There should be some record keeping of the samples, that way some things could be noted about it special qualities..
Very good point. Try to keep the competition as controlled as possible as far as the experiment and the variables are concerned.One month from chop sounds good. That gives a week or two to dry and get trimmed and bagged and2-3 weeks for the cure. The ultimate in testing the real purity of the herb and is an excellent idea. Id say as best we can, lets try to do that, but some of you might be in circumstances that make that difficult, so no worries. Like I said, the point is to collectively pheno hunt and find the dank. So all rules can be played with to enable individuals to accomplish their grows. Though I think one month after cut down is a good rough guideline to follow. But also know I have impeccable storage technique that will keep herb fresh for months on end, I have even pulled bud out of storage that has sat there for one year and it was still good as the day I sealed it. So I have the ability to preserve flower samples while we wait on the late starters to get their work done. But please, ONE OF THE BIGGEST FACTORS on how the herb will come out is going to be how long into flower you go. Ideally with any of the Yeti/ Foo/ bx2 work, the earliset Id go is at 65 days. 70 days is the perfect number. But once again, rules are meant to be broken and if you need to harvest to pay bills and can't go longer, then that is understandable.

Loomps

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
what about a hard deadline of mid January? that should be plenty of time right? Collect all the final entries, and put them to the test. And if you need assistance, smoking all of the dank....I would selflessly make that sacrifice to head up that way:D

Should there be a minimum sample weight/size?

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

Yes sir.. Thank You
That's cool of you doznova, I'm not in the competition this time, but I'm sending all you guys positive vibes for strong genetics!

My buddy has a bunch of Raskal genetics, that I have access to, but I got some disease from his garden last year, and I'm doing everything myself now.

G

greyman41420

Let me apologize for my total lack of technological ability. I realize my pictures are probably not that great, but these are the first pictures I am ever posting online after being in this business since 1997. I believe I have stripped the meta data from the images but if I went wrong, someone here please let me know so I can yank them. Previous to this year my genetics library consisted solely of my pure pakistani and pink kush. Since I found this forum I decided it was time to expand and thus how we find ourselves in this thread. Here was the cracking of the 24 Yeti BX2 seeds I received from here.
Photo 2 11

Don't mind the Gorilla Glue clone on the right, I happened to grab her same time I procured the BX2 Yeti seeds, so i figured they would be happy chilling together in their infinite badassness.
Photo 3 3

And here we are in the veg room right before I took cuttings of each specimen.
Photo 2 12

We had 23 out of the 24 seeds crack and out of those 23 plants, we were left with 11 females which are pictured below in our flowering room under 3k watts. Do not mind the plants in the back, they are our pure pakistanis under their own 3k watts(obviously 6k watt room). These were all 3-3.5 feet when we triggered 12/12.
Photo 1 14

This is pheno #2, which I have been eyeing as the keeper pheno. Vigorous growth, pine sol stench(and i mean stench), red stems and the three finger leaf that has been referred to here as the UG trait to search for.
Photo 3 4

We are now in week 2 of flowering, so I will start to hopefully get some better shots of the buds as they grow and evolve and I will share them here. Hope everyone is doing well tonight and my apologies if I screwed up anything with this post, bare with me, its my first time posting pictures on the internet. Gonna have to cut this old guy some slack:)

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Let me apologize for my total lack of technological ability. I realize my pictures are probably not that great, but these are the first pictures I am ever posting online after being in this business since 1997. I believe I have stripped the meta data from the images but if I went wrong, someone here please let me know so I can yank them. Previous to this year my genetics library consisted solely of my pure pakistani and pink kush. Since I found this forum I decided it was time to expand and thus how we find ourselves in this thread. Here was the cracking of the 24 Yeti BX2 seeds I received from here.
View attachment 420999

Don't mind the Gorilla Glue clone on the right, I happened to grab her same time I procured the BX2 Yeti seeds, so i figured they would be happy chilling together in their infinite badassness.View attachment 421000

And here we are in the veg room right before I took cuttings of each specimen.View attachment 421001

We had 23 out of the 24 seeds crack and out of those 23 plants, we were left with 11 females which are pictured below in our flowering room under 3k watts. Do not mind the plants in the back, they are our pure pakistanis under their own 3k watts(obviously 6k watt room). These were all 3-3.5 feet when we triggered 12/12.View attachment 421002

This is pheno #2, which I have been eyeing as the keeper pheno. Vigorous growth, pine sol stench(and i mean stench), red stems and the three finger leaf that has been referred to here as the UG trait to search for. View attachment 421003

We are now in week 2 of flowering, so I will start to hopefully get some better shots of the buds as they grow and evolve and I will share them here. Hope everyone is doing well tonight and my apologies if I screwed up anything with this post, bare with me, its my first time posting pictures on the internet. Gonna have to cut this old guy some slack:)

Hmmm, From what I can see just off the bat is I would have to agree with your opinion of your #2 pheno. She sure does look pretty and I like they way she is displaying alot of the traits the mom has. She IMHO is definately one to watch. You said she's into 2 weeks flower? She putting any resin off at all yet to get a good wiff of her aroma?

Your post brother is just fine. And you did a good job eyeing down that #2 pheno. You just keep doing what your doing and you'll be fine. Once again, this isnt a competition for the nicest pics, this is for the dankest weed. And we all know how pics can over exagerate a plants beauty. Welcome to the group and the pheno hunt. We are all glad your here to participate.

Loompa

Top Bottom