COMPETITION!!! Loompa's Challenge

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I only have one update for the thread. soaked in ph6.0 with a touch of azose 12hr then right into strait coco with caps beanies Friday at 10 or 11 am.... Then left for my road trip to my new place... I got home 2hrs ago and this is what I found out of my Yeti F3 so what is that 61 62hrs to breach the surface. I no expert but that is fast.

July 5 2014 35
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Looks Sweet

Got 2 yetis and two silver bubsters in week 3 of flower atm. May wanna jump in this competition please. Pro-mix bx with home compost n-p-k and home worm castings. 1/3 perlite ratio. All organic.

Loompa commented about Yeti showing sex late in veg, about how long were you into yours before you were sure about sexing your Yeti?
Did you take a cutting and still have a mother Yet-tina ? All in good fun
Mass good Vibes
Fly J

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

@VERMONTSKUNKS have you found color in your bubster's ? I have a friend who's seen excellent color in two pheno's of the bubster one is almost a spitting image of the socal mk and the other smells like straight fire bubba to the max but litterally looks like a 50/50 mix of ssh x pre 98 bk. I lean so much to the SoCal pheno as it is a clone I've been after but have not found a legit SoCal mk yet so this might be the next best thing but if I wasn't so stuck on finding the SoCal mk I'd honestly choose the ssh/pre98bk pheno as the smell and look are ridiculous I mean the frost on this girl is so incredible every time I see her I want to still her my friend happened to take a few cuttings of each and well I have to have them soon and bring them to the farm.

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

For competition purposes.
A-Yeti F3
B-Yeti Bx2
C-Abominable snowman (yeti x miami white)
D-Moondawg F2's
E-Silver Bubster F3's
F-Purple Dogwood <~ only if I can get them in enough time

I popped 10 each of some of these last night and in 2 months I should be down to enough room for the other 10 of the first 3 loompa strains popped and I'll pop the remaining 10 each and 20 each of the other 3 loompa strains I didn't pop the first time. I hope everyone finds some new next level shit loompa needs that hell we all need that....

T

Trip8

So here is what I want to do for my grow :happy:

Amphoe Sikao, Thailand
Average temp 80-91/ Target 85
Average RH 71%
Photo Period 13.5/10.5 Veg 11/13 bloom

IMHO I believe by setting my environmental triggers closer to a Sativa dominant location such as Thailand I stand a better than average chance of Sativa dominant phenotypes.
I will maintain this growing condition throughout my grow and as the fall approaches I will modify the angle accordingly and drop in temp Just cuz Its gunna Be fun.
The steepest sun angle reached in Target City is 99.71 Degrees

To find the solar noon sun angle on the summer/winter solstice and spring/fall equinox for my location, 1st….find your latitude and subtract it from 90. Then add 23.45.

Thailand latitude is 13.74 degrees north of the equator. So...

90- 13.74 =76.26+23.45=99.71 degree sun angle midday
Here is how I will do it:
On the 21st June, the sun will rise 97° east of due south 99.71 midday and set 97° west of due south.
On the 21st December, the sun will rise 85° east of due south 85.00 Midday and set 85° west of due south
Moving the plants will be ez-est for me due to the larger open floor plan.
My feeding and tea schedule will be on a daily basis F, F, F, Tea F, F, F, Tea ect……
Weeks 1-6 Long Veg Week 7-till fin This is going to be something…..

Sending Positive Vibes to all
FlyJ

FYI:
Solar calculator can be found here
http://solarelectricityhandbook.com/solar-angle-calculator.html
J my friend, im curious, are you saying that by treating your seedlings like they are closer to the equator it will produce more sativa phenos?

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
J my friend, im curious, are you saying that by treating your seedlings like they are closer to the equator it will produce more sativa phenos?

Actually in alot of cases, by treating those genes in their "Home" environment will help bring out and express those sativa qualities more. But to break it down even more at home per say...Look at Bubba and the Diesels and OGK's and I saw it in the Kali Mist, the Purps does it also....and the list goes on. How many plants have we all grown that have over time expressed themselves in flower differently than other runs. Or we see the exact same clone being run in 2 different gardens and see a total difference in how they express themselves.

I just recently saw this happen with the "Cough" cut. My last run with her I got the full blown incensy haze to come roaring out of the final buds, but a friend of mine not living more than a mile away grew the exact same cut and his bag expressed much more of the NL in the final product. I could smell the NL in it immediately, whereas in my run, I couldnt even detect it.

So Yes, cannabis will and can at times express herself differently depending on the environment that they are grown in. So by treating something that has a high sativa contribution to its make-up can definately effect the final outcome.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

That is a fair question.
I have no Idea
that's why I want to try it.
It will be interesting to duplicate the area in witch multiple Sativa s are most dominant along with the soil being represented by correct mineral amendments and such, Challenges and Fun
Just my thoughts Of going outside the box for something new.
as far as setting up for the lights, Soil Mix and RH
I moved to a much larger room where this environment will be probable even possible.

Regardless of the outcome the chance to in involved in something with this type of potential is just plan cool.
A bunch of passionate breeders growers and connoisseurs coming together Now that's Awesome .
Much respect
FlyJ

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
I must say, I never in a million years expected the response that I am getting from the community about this challenge. I am hearing about it everyday in pm, posts, emails, word of mouth.....with everyone saying that this is something that they have all dreamed of doing. Im super stoked that so many of you out there feel the exact same way as I do. With that said....

Holy Shit!!! I didn't realize the monster I was creating and how many people want to be involved. Its going to be tough for me to keep up with everything, though Ill do my best. Help each other out. And some of you can even use Greendots example, and upon finding plants for you early starters, we can start collecting our database of worthy entries earlier also. So trade amonst yourselves also and use this little experiment we have going to expand your knowledge of breeding and selecting. Since its a community effort, We are also going to be the front runners to organising similar events that occur downline. Now I realize that there are pockets of connoisseurs out there that in some fashion or another try to do this exact same thing. But the scale on which this is happening is something Ive never before seen.

Disclaimer: OK everyone, your all gonna see me with my pants down per say...lol Im leaving the door open and going through enough stock with enough different people from growers to breeders and every single flaw of mine is going to be exposed like a raw nerve. I feel naked running through the mall...LOL So be gentle on me is all I ask, and maybe even use a little KY when you abuse me :)

Rushoe

Rushoe

Count me in as well gonna pop some stuff soon I think I have a few og squared and some other stuff with lhb in it lol my wf x lh is looking nice a lil crispy from the bug spray I over did it a bit but its looking way better I like this plant .. And I will also be popping the pe x lh x white x aloha white widow hopping to find something nice and different I think my boy has some moondawgs beans maybe a few of those to try to find a blueberry I think is what ppl look for in those I dont know much about this yeti everyone is taking about I was running lots of loompas crosses made by medic a while back the empress was nice to bad my budy lost it ... seen a few loompas s1s already there is a sweet pheno that taste like tootsie rolls and kinda like Hawaiian punch with hints of og undertones but it took to long to flower 12 plus weeks one time 3 week veg in a one gallon bucket of coco gave me 4.5 oz dry with that plant but not a keeper still was some nice smoke
IMAG06921

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

I must say, I never in a million years expected the response that I am getting from the community about this challenge. I am hearing about it everyday in pm, posts, emails, word of mouth.....with everyone saying that this is something that they have all dreamed of doing. Im super stoked that so many of you out there feel the exact same way as I do. With that said....

Holy Shit!!! I didn't realize the monster I was creating and how many people want to be involved. Its going to be tough for me to keep up with everything, though Ill do my best. Help each other out. And some of you can even use Greendots example, and upon finding plants for you early starters, we can start collecting our database of worthy entries earlier also. So trade amonst yourselves also and use this little experiment we have going to expand your knowledge of breeding and selecting. Since its a community effort, We are also going to be the front runners to organising similar events that occur downline. Now I realize that there are pockets of connoisseurs out there that in some fashion or another try to do this exact same thing. But the scale on which this is happening is something Ive never before seen.

Disclaimer: OK everyone, your all gonna see me with my pants down per say...lol Im leaving the door open and going through enough stock with enough different people from growers to breeders and every single flaw of mine is going to be exposed like a raw nerve. I feel naked running through the mall...LOL So be gentle on me is all I ask, and maybe even use a little KY when you abuse me :)

Lol nice and slow huh.........

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Oh!!!!! I also wanted to say. Don't feel the need to over extend yourself you guys. Its better that you do fewer beans and can truly pay special attention to each one than filling a whole room and sorting through 30 females. And cloning all those females and then testing 30 different females to find the best is going to take time in and of itself. So dont feel obligated by my to pop all your gear. Do what you can handle and handle with love and compassion instead of just kicking out clones left and right. Remeber, we are looking for the dank, and some of those qualities we wont see right away. It might take several runs in different environments to see for instance, pm or mold resistance. Lets just do our best to do what we can handle and handle properly. I'll leave those choices up to you. Your all connoisseurs and seed junkies like me, so I know how quick it is to get caught up popping a hundred beans and then going, whoa, did I do that many?...lol And cloning and sitting on 30 females at once is a pain in the butt.

Power OG

Power OG

Oh!!!!! I also wanted to say. Don't feel the need to over extend yourself you guys. Its better that you do fewer beans and can truly pay special attention to each one than filling a whole room and sorting through 30 females. And cloning all those females and then testing 30 different females to find the best is going to take time in and of itself. So dont feel obligated by my to pop all your gear. Do what you can handle and handle with love and compassion instead of just kicking out clones left and right. Remeber, we are looking for the dank, and some of those qualities we wont see right away. It might take several runs in different environments to see for instance, pm or mold resistance. Lets just do our best to do what we can handle and handle properly. I'll leave those choices up to you. Your all connoisseurs and seed junkies like me, so I know how quick it is to get caught up popping a hundred beans and then going, whoa, did I do that many?...lol And cloning and sitting on 30 females at once is a pain in the butt.
Ain't that the truth.lol I've been there & it's bad feeling to have to sit on a large group. I think we have all been caught up in the moment. Lol
Respect
TMB

soserthc1

soserthc1

Will always be doubters and nasayers it's all part of the game as your aware , take green dots thread as an example started out with disappointment but turned into a true keeper in his garden. Just the fact that a community is as interested in this competition and all off your genetics is beinging popped as we speak is a win for cannabis community and a win for loompa farms . I know you stated money is not the driving forse as it shouldn't be as you need passion also but money does pay the bills and feed those families you talked about. Just roll with the punches and turn this comp into something we can all look back on as to were the next great plant came from and it will all be posted here for the world to see ,

Best of luck to all
I just added a interesting headband crossed to herijuana to flower and still have one waiting on sexing and a pretty smelly male to make f2s should it be needed

Blessings
SOS

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Loompa lol, in the corps the sayin is if it aint spit it aint love! So no ky lmao, I have been trying in earnest to regulate my tent 3'x11" by 7 ft gl 120 yeah im old school with sun systems econo grow hps mag ballasts with eye horti bulbs. I also use 6k t-5s as supplimentals/200 watts/ My yetis and bubsters are in two diff spaces, the yetis i have recent pics of, getting bubsters today! The bubsters are about week or two behind the yetis, i gave them 4 weeks under 200 watts of t-5s, i know i know im saving for a cmh or a 400 mh asap.I really dont care how these turn out sexy wise because ive already positioned myself to grow the farms gear for the rest of my life.....so this is something i take to a whole nother level. As for the next run ill just close my eyes and choose, oh and i was babbling at he beginng sorry, im trying to regulate inside temps with a/c to help the colors expres themselves in both strains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom