COMPETITION!!! Loompa's Challenge

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greyman41420

Hmmm, From what I can see just off the bat is I would have to agree with your opinion of your #2 pheno. She sure does look pretty and I like they way she is displaying alot of the traits the mom has. She IMHO is definately one to watch. You said she's into 2 weeks flower? She putting any resin off at all yet to get a good wiff of her aroma?

We just entered week 2 today, so while I can see the resin production starting to matriculate it has not taken on defined aroma other than the kerosene fuel that has been displayed thus far. Something that has blown me away about this plant is its ability to respond from super cropping. I have had to change how I do it for the Yeti because she responds so quickly and forms these enormous knuckles of super crop goodness. I cannot wait to see how those arms formulate out. I am going to separate out a small magnesium boost for them in foilar tomorrow, so we will see if we can't smell the resin production in the next 48-72 hours.

I just want to say a thank you for putting these genetics out there in the public domain. Sometimes its hard for me to break my 90s mentality of "keep to yourself at all costs", but when I see these efforts I realize times have changed and I should change with them. Gone are the days of secretly reading high times at the bookstore that had the balls to carry it. Now its an immediate information age and as I look at it from the outside looking in, I think its a good thing and something to be embraced.

I would love to see you work up a cross of the pakistani I have and some of your strains. I have been told by a handful of dispensaries that the nose on the pakistani is the best they have ever had and it has this soaring high that is out of this world. I would definitely be down to see you work your magic Sir.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
We just entered week 2 today, so while I can see the resin production starting to matriculate it has not taken on defined aroma other than the kerosene fuel that has been displayed thus far. Something that has blown me away about this plant is its ability to respond from super cropping. I have had to change how I do it for the Yeti because she responds so quickly and forms these enormous knuckles of super crop goodness. I cannot wait to see how those arms formulate out. I am going to separate out a small magnesium boost for them in foilar tomorrow, so we will see if we can't smell the resin production in the next 48-72 hours.

I just want to say a thank you for putting these genetics out there in the public domain. Sometimes its hard for me to break my 90s mentality of "keep to yourself at all costs", but when I see these efforts I realize times have changed and I should change with them. Gone are the days of secretly reading high times at the bookstore that had the balls to carry it. Now its an immediate information age and as I look at it from the outside looking in, I think its a good thing and something to be embraced.

I would love to see you work up a cross of the pakistani I have and some of your strains. I have been told by a handful of dispensaries that the nose on the pakistani is the best they have ever had and it has this soaring high that is out of this world. I would definitely be down to see you work your magic Sir.

Im with you man, it is hard changing our mentalities of the full blown drug wars into what it is today. Imagine some of these growers in the hills in Humboldt. I mean in the 80's, the state rolled through Humboldt with National Gaurd and forestry and were burning people out of their homes. And with those experiences so ingrained into those of us that have been around since those days, it is very hard to change the mindset. But as you said, Times are a changing and we as a community need to adapt to survive. Mainly so we dont see the same thing as we saw during prohibition.....alcohol legalized and all small distillers put out of business and mobsters and big business take over the alcohol industry. It would be nice to see our own people take over through legalization instead of us blazing the trails, going to jail, losing house, homes and families and to add insult to injury....our livelihoods are taken away from us.

So tell me about your paki plant you referred to. What is she like? Your Paki come from the same source that we see today spreading Paki genes? Or is your Paki older?

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Just trying to spread the yeti love..

Good vibes

keep-calm-and-love-yeti-1.png

cbea8a36efd99db5f59d146b1dad6e93.jpg

Google image searched "yeti love" and ton pretty neat pics popped up. Lots of love for the yeti online, heh surprisingly unperverted... cept dat 1st pic :)

Stoke

Stoke

This is some exciting stuff. I'll be happily following along the whole way through like I have been so far. I wish I could take part, but just not the right timing with everything.

G

greyman41420

So tell me about your paki plant you referred to. What is she like? Your Paki come from the same source that we see today spreading Paki genes? Or is your Paki older?

I am not sure who is spreading around the genetics today, so I can't really speak to that, but I can tell you I picked up mine from a friend at Berkeley in 1998. My buddy has a nice little ranch in Santa Rosa and to this day still runs the cut. Strangely enough it runs quite differently indoor than out. The paki only takes 17 days to veg to a nice 28 inch cylindrical bush with multiple tops. She will triple in size in the first two weeks of flowering while I am cropping her out and threading each top through the screen. You get these long flowers on each arm and her aroma is one like I have not smelled anywhere else. It has a strong grapefruit smell but if you run her 65 days or longer you get this fantastic lemon funk that comes through at the end. While I have only had her lab tested once in 2009, THC profile came in at 21.71%. I would love to get a full terpene profile on her and really see whats in there.

Here is a picture of what this flowering room looks like during flush. Due to medical laws in our state(and we FULLY abide to the law) we can only run four plants per light, so this is a room with 24 plants and as you can see with proper training I can still fill out a screen nicely with her.
Photo 7

I see people getting 2 units per light on the forums and my hats off to you, I have never hit more than 1.62 units per light, but since no one has complained about quality 16 years later, I figure staying on what works. This pic below is the paki about 2.5 weeks from cutting. Once again sorry for bad photo quality, its just me and my iPhone.
Photo 8

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

I am not sure who is spreading around the genetics today, so I can't really speak to that, but I can tell you I picked up mine from a friend at Berkeley in 1998. My buddy has a nice little ranch in Santa Rosa and to this day still runs the cut. Strangely enough it runs quite differently indoor than out. The paki only takes 17 days to veg to a nice 28 inch cylindrical bush with multiple tops. She will triple in size in the first two weeks of flowering while I am cropping her out and threading each top through the screen. You get these long flowers on each arm and her aroma is one like I have not smelled anywhere else. It has a strong grapefruit smell but if you run her 65 days or longer you get this fantastic lemon funk that comes through at the end. While I have only had her lab tested once in 2009, THC profile came in at 21.71%. I would love to get a full terpene profile on her and really see whats in there.

Here is a picture of what this flowering room looks like during flush. Due to medical laws in our state(and we FULLY abide to the law) we can only run four plants per light, so this is a room with 24 plants and as you can see with proper training I can still fill out a screen nicely with her. View attachment 421078

I see people getting 2 units per light on the forums and my hats off to you, I have never hit more than 1.62 units per light, but since no one has complained about quality 16 years later, I figure staying on what works. This pic below is the paki about 2.5 weeks from cutting. Once again sorry for bad photo quality, its just me and my iPhone. View attachment 421079
Looks Fire! Would Love some old Paki smoke in my life.

Im pretty sure if you put 12 plants under a light with 8 week veg it would give you over 2 units a light.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

a

Here is a picture of what this flowering room looks like during flush. Due to medical laws in our state(and we FULLY abide to the law) we can only run four plants per light, so this is a room with 24 plants and as you can see with proper training I can still fill out a screen nicely with her. View attachment 421078

I see people getting 2 units per light on the forums and my hats off to you, I have never hit more than 1.62 units per light, but since no one has complained about quality 16 years later, I figure staying on what works. This pic below is the paki about 2.5 weeks from cutting. Once again sorry for bad photo quality, its just me and my iPhone. View attachment 421079

Only on the Farm
Do you find art like this Thats why I come to learn. share enjoy.
I am no expert but their are some very good research Papers from reputable research labs on terpine, head count....
UVA UVB filling both ends of the spectral Table to activate the plats natural defenses. thus creating more.
My sharing

Much respect
FlyJ

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I must say, I never in a million years expected the response that I am getting from the community about this challenge. I am hearing about it everyday in pm, posts, emails, word of mouth.....with everyone saying that this is something that they have all dreamed of doing. Im super stoked that so many of you out there feel the exact same way as I do. With that said....

Holy Shit!!! I didn't realize the monster I was creating and how many people want to be involved. Its going to be tough for me to keep up with everything, though Ill do my best. Help each other out. And some of you can even use Greendots example, and upon finding plants for you early starters, we can start collecting our database of worthy entries earlier also. So trade amonst yourselves also and use this little experiment we have going to expand your knowledge of breeding and selecting. Since its a community effort, We are also going to be the front runners to organising similar events that occur downline. Now I realize that there are pockets of connoisseurs out there that in some fashion or another try to do this exact same thing. But the scale on which this is happening is something Ive never before seen.

Disclaimer: OK everyone, your all gonna see me with my pants down per say...lol Im leaving the door open and going through enough stock with enough different people from growers to breeders and every single flaw of mine is going to be exposed like a raw nerve. I feel naked running through the mall...LOL So be gentle on me is all I ask, and maybe even use a little KY when you abuse me :)

@loompa You do what you need to (running thru the mall with pants down ) now thats a visual :) LOL I have a request that a scratch and sniff be installed on the farm !! A must for all this DANK coming down the road . M

Latest posts

Top Bottom