Could use some advice: How's this going?

• Thread starter KidCharlemange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KidCharlemange

KidCharlemange

The space between nodes is ideally around one to two inches depending on strain. Control the upward growth by having your light in the 16-20 inch range.
A couple of point on watering you will find helpful.
Yeah, i had read these and i did find them helpful. As to nodes, im still concerned that i don't have more separation, but i'm encouraged by the fact that i see secondary growth at those nodes. Hope i didn't jump the gun, but i started LST to try to get some light on those.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, i had read these and i did find them helpful. As to nodes, im still concerned that i don't have more separation, but i'm encouraged by the fact that i see secondary growth at those nodes. Hope i didn't jump the gun, but i started LST to try to get some light on those.
It's kind of hard to start too soon with LST.
I noticed you watered a small area of the pots. You need to soak all the soil each time you water. You can cause hydrophobia and it will quit holding water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How far away is it?

Ok don't mind me ranting here for a second evem us mods are human and need to vent.

You see how this company Mars hydro straight out fucking lied to you? Hiding the real wattage in the fine print.

They name the fixture Mars Hydro TS600W LED. This fucking shit ass company did this by no accident. They prey on new growers by misleading them. Fuck Mars.... end rant.

Your fixture is 100w not 600w... the ts600w is just the name of it and it's meant to trick you into thinking you got a light 6x better which you did not.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How far away is it?

Ok don't mind me ranting here for a second evem us mods are human and need to vent.

You see how this company Mars hydro straight out fucking lied to you? Hiding the real wattage in the fine print.

They name the fixture Mars Hydro TS600W LED. This fucking shit ass company did this by no accident. They prey on new growers by misleading them. Fuck Mars.... end rant.

Your fixture is 100w not 600w... the ts600w is just the name of it and it's meant to trick you into thinking you got a light 6x better which you did not.
*giving AM a nice long slow toke of super-keyboard lock.*
I hear ya dude. Some things ain't worth complaining about. The rest, Just shoot'em already.

KidCharlemange

KidCharlemange

How far away is it?

It's about 15 inches away now.

I had no clue of what I was buying, just wanted something to get off the ground without costing an arm and a leg. I'm sure lights are something I'll be upgrading soon, and won't do anything more from them. I appreciate the input cuz I had no idea. Rant on!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Read these:

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok, I went back and re-read. Didn't realize that was your post. Glad we're talking cuz that piece did generate a question on my part: feeding. I'm using an "organic" soil (that's how it's labeled). Does this mean I should not feed? I was planning on adding Dyna-Gro.
Correct. Lets see if your soil is organic. What brand is it?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

OP. if I may permitted to opine, after a couple bowls, and a couple glasses, the word 'feed' is misused in growing. Fertilizer is not food for a plant, light and CO2 is. Your plant can only use fertilizer if it is otherwise healthy. It's better to think of fertilizer as vitamins, which are necessary, but can be toxic if over applied. Overwatered pot loses the root hairs at the end of the roots. They drown and die. This reduces the ability of your plant to take in the nutes that are already there. This creates the appearance of deficiency. The plant indeed wants fertilizer, but it can't get it because the fine roots are injured. You have to let those recover. If you dump nutes on it, thats harsh on the recovering roots. It's super rare for a plant that size to need any fertilizer.

The main symptom I see that I see that hints at overwatering, is those downward curled mid leaves. You have to let the soil get dry, let air get into it. I recommend just standing back, watering it a bit every third day or so, and wait for it to perk up before you do anything else .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Don't water with distilled plain tap should be fine unless you right on the coast.

I agree with @OldManRiver that can absolutely cause those symtoms. But the issue with over watering isnt drowning from to much water its lack of o2.

Imo it's caused from to much light which also like over watering has alot of the same symtoms like light green growth. But also will have the leave fold in half like a taco being more pronounced than the top.. this causes transpirational stress because light drives transpiration along with humidity and temperature. The plant cannot keep up with the demands of the light. It's leaf temps go up and pretty much the plant is shutting down to try and stay alive.

Now if it was over watering that would cause interveinal swelling in the bottom leaves first from the increased root pressure and often in the morning signs of guttation. If you look at the first pic then the second it's obvious to me the plant is deteriorating and why the drooping is occurring.

If you notice on the second pic you are seeing purpling only on the stems exposed directly to high light and to further point out its light... that purpling is only on the light exposed areas.(top side of the stem only)

This is caused by what's called anthocyanins and is a direct result from intense light. Usually in places that don't photosynthesize as well like your stems.

By raising the light you will reduce the transpirational demands and stress which will allow the amount of nutrients being taken up by the roots to adequately meet the photosynthetic needs of the plant. The plant is not established enough for the roots to provide for the demand.

Yes I went on forever but wanted to explain why I feel it's light and yes it looks similar to over watering.

Raise your light to 30 inches above the top of the plant. Damaged leaves will get worse. Give it 3-5 days to see new healthy growth. The leaves at this stage should be nice and flat not looking like a V. In a week or 2 you can start bumping it up.

Water to get the media damp top to bottom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom