it is good to be rootbound in coco
you are supposed to keep it wet always
nutes running through like 3-6x a day
Lol. I know I do. :) learned from the best
3 times a day for that one now.
I was twice a day. When the lights came on and then again 10-12 hours later
The other day when it was dry at the end of the day I upped it to 3x
I'm hand watering my veg room at the moment
I probably won't be able the automate it until next year.
looking beautiful
Thank you sir

Dewd

Dewd

Magnesium? Maybe?
What’s the ph in there? Is it lower than 5.8? From what I understand 5.8 is on the low end for Mag uptake so maybe that girl is having trouble taking up enough mag?
Just thinking out loud.
Look at calcium and magnesium. They start uptake right around 5.8
That’s why me personally I try to keep at 5.8 but I will let it go to 6.0-6.1 but never let it go to 5.7. Just my preference
I do the same thing. I aim for 5.8 although I will go to 5.7 because my ph rises 0.1 per day. I let it go to 6.0. At 6.1 I ph down

brazel

brazel

Lol. I know I do. :) learned from the best
3 times a day for that one now.
I was twice a day. When the lights came on and then again 10-12 hours later
The other day when it was dry at the end of the day I upped it to 3x
I'm hand watering my veg room at the moment
I probably won't be able the automate it until next year.

Thank you sir
That was refreshing post to read so many people talk about rootbound like it's the damn Antichrist. In organic amended soil if your root bound it's 100% your fault your container is way too small or you veg for way too long the growth cycle of cannabis is so short to get root bound should be I hate to say impossible cuz anything is possible but pretty much and if you're growing soilless or hydroponic who cares you keep feeding it all the roots need is food

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

That was refreshing post to read so many people talk about rootbound like it's the damn Antichrist. In organic amended soil if your root bound it's 100% your fault your container is way too small or you veg for way too long the growth cycle of cannabis is so short to get root bound should be I hate to say impossible cuz anything is possible but pretty much and if you're growing soilless or hydroponic who cares you keep feeding it all the roots need is food
In Coco rootbound FTW. Lol
I feed 6 times a day now.
Thinking about feeding every hour.

I can’t say for soil but I imagine it’s because when they get like that people still try to feed and water like typical soil. But at that point what once was soil is more like a soil less medium. So when they let it dry they get these issues we get in Coco when we let it dry. If it was fed like a soil less I wonder if it would be fine.
But If you wanted to grow in soil feeding like a hydro plant wouldn’t be in your interest. Lol

22D6CFC5 06F2 4012 8D19 C1CC77616E03
brazel

brazel

I can’t say for soil but I imagine it’s because when they get like that people still try to feed and water like typical soil. But at that point what once was soil is more like a soil less medium. So when they let it dry they get these issues we get in Coco when we let it dry. If it was fed like a soil less I wonder if it would be fine.
But If you wanted to grow in soil feeding like a hydro plant wouldn’t be in your interest. Lol
Ha yeah man! There shouldn't be any issues with Root bound cuz soil you keep it a constant moisture you don't let it go wet dry and you also don't feed it.

Try it! Who knows your next post might be Damn these hungry bitches I need to feed them every half an hour!!

Dewd

Dewd

Damn! OK I'm not rootbound. Lol
I'm surprised that square pot didn't turn round from what must be massive roots.
Can't wait to see a pic of those.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Damn! OK I'm not rootbound. Lol
I'm surprised that square pot didn't turn round from what must be massive roots.
Can't wait to see a pic of those.
Hahaha. Me too
If it wasn’t all bound in the scrog I would probably check them out. At this point the pot is just a casing. That block can slide in and out and probably not spill a crumb

brazel

brazel

I'm not the best at knowing all the ins and outs on using the forum... that being said my post #11874 was supposed to be in reference to this post...

Wisher619 said:
you are supposed to water it more than 1x a day
it is good to be rootbound in coco
you are supposed to keep it wet always
nutes running through like 3-6x a day

Toph420

Toph420

Veg update, lookin real nice.. platinum og (upper left corner) is sort of struggling though, hopefully they make it.. not too worried.. Put the turbo cloner away for now..
B731D740 263E 47CE 8909 66C13534BD8E

Flower update day 45.. had to zip tie a couple of the bottom nugs to the cages today cause they were starting to lean over pretty far..
6928451B 2C96 43AF BB6B BF3F077D8A40

834AA1C9 DA2E 4D23 B862 DF84FBB7D7FA

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I dont know?
is it on all of them or just the one

you can up the feed but the problem is you can tell if they need something or not by checking the res and upping the ec by how much they drop per day

but...from what I understand
ph of pure hydro should be 5.5-5.7

looks like all kinds of shit going on with your plant.....
Well it has been droping a lil.. We will see what it looks like here soon. At first i thought it was just growing so quick that it had dome kind of pigmentation.
I check thrm out in a min and see how they look

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well just one with this brown on leaf..
But severalbof thenoyhers have secondary fan leafs that are cupping down like N tox.
Now im even more bewildered..
I cant change out the system till tomm.
I dont have enough cns..
I seen this coming on a couple days ago but my thoughts was that it was because these leaves were getting shaded by bigger fan leaves..
Most of these plants look to be over fed by ehat I see. Im deff high compared to cc's feed chart...
I pulled the big fans to open up the plants to better light...we see what they look like at lights on..
Im 490 ppm.
I got to go to work today.. Its Sun tri yearly maintenance on my plasma table.

20171105 063955
20171105 064108
20171105 064536
20171105 065416
20171105 065432
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well just one with this brown on leaf..
But severalbof thenoyhers have secondary fan leafs that are cupping down like N tox.
Now im even more bewildered..
I cant change out the system till tomm.
I dont have enough cns..
I seen this coming on a couple days ago but my thoughts was that it was because these leaves were getting shaded by bigger fan leaves..
Most of these plants look to be over fed by ehat I see. Im deff high compared to cc's feed chart...
I pulled the big fans to open up the plants to better light...we see what they look like at lights on..
Im 490 ppm.
I got to go to work today.. Its Sun tri yearly maintenance on my plasma table.
The very tops look good. Its stuff that was hidden from light.. Damn i got to work. Can Anybody find some pics of co2 poisoning from to high levels.. Maybe i got co2 build up. Maybe its a lot higher below the meter at canopy level..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I dont know?
is it on all of them or just the one

you can up the feed but the problem is you can tell if they need something or not by checking the res and upping the ec by how much they drop per day

but...from what I understand
ph of pure hydro should be 5.5-5.7

looks like all kinds of shit going on with your plant.....
Ive dropped from 6.3 to 5.7 ph over the last 10 days. Ive also dropped water temp to 69 from 72. Do you think those changes allowed it to uptake nutrients more efficiently and caused some N Tox and since im on 10 days res and im under your 18/5 csn17 & Si that im slightly low on the Ca after 10 days.. If you remember i just added 61 ml of csn 3 days ago. About the time this started.... Maybe coincidence..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Maybe.
That’s just my thinking. Like I said I try to keep 5.8 but I don’t like to go to 5.7.
6.0-6.1 is ok to me. But I’ve always got leaf spots or slight purplish stems when I dip below. Then I noticed in all the charts the beginning of uptake for cal and mag are right at 5.8. So I figure I’ll keep it at or slightly above
I have no purplish stems however, and my stems are very thick and green...
At one point it looks like nute burn and then other parts look like N diff..
I always get this!!! I always think its just too high of Ec, cause I usually run 1.5 ec, where im at 1 ec with this.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom