Council Of First Knowledge, Jedi Temple Training Facility

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

hey man i respect your experience. my first and only scrog i flipped when the single trellis was almost filled and didn't get nearly the stretch i expected so i was giving polar my experience as i explained in each of the first few posts. my insufficient canopy fucked my yields and moving forward i'll always wait until i have at least 6"-12" of full canopy (scrog or not) before flipping 12/12. i'd love to have my plants stretch from 15" to 30"-45" just with the bloom stretch but that's not anything i've experienced or anything i've seen in the few grows i've seen. i was trying to give my advice, apparently your plants stretch way more than mine do and that's awesome! and apparently i should include IMO to start every post. i'm still not thinking i gave any incorrect advice.?

do you have a 7' ceiling?

ay also who's your youtube "grow guru"? i thought grow boss had some great knowledgeable scientific points but i'm open to new gurus my friend
LMAO...
Wisher is are guru!
Lol your speaking to him..
You didnt realize you was in the presence of Yoda eh?
Well son,,,
Meet Yoda!

Wisher619

Wisher619

hey man i respect your experience. my first and only scrog i flipped when the single trellis was almost filled and didn't get nearly the stretch i expected so i was giving polar my experience as i explained in each of the first few posts. my insufficient canopy fucked my yields and moving forward i'll always wait until i have at least 6"-12" of full canopy (scrog or not) before flipping 12/12. i'd love to have my plants stretch from 15" to 30"-45" just with the bloom stretch but that's not anything i've experienced or anything i've seen in the few grows i've seen. i was trying to give my advice, apparently your plants stretch way more than mine do and that's awesome! and apparently i should include IMO to start every post. i'm still not thinking i gave any incorrect advice.?

do you have a 7' ceiling?

ay also who's your youtube "grow guru"? i thought grow boss had some great knowledgeable scientific points but i'm open to new gurus my friend
I personally dont have a youtube guru
I have been growing for the better part of 25years
I do like watching certain people....not for education but for entertainment
Maybe Vader
Growmau5 for his techie stuff
Medicropper for giant grows

but really I just have been around the block

as for the plants I grow
usually Sativa leaning
right now a landrace sativa that was flipped at 12" and is now 5'

as for advice....I only give advice when I am actually experienced in what the individual is going through
if not I will find someone whom has if it is that important
I never give advice to my experience if it isnt the same as the person asking

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Like you said, just do you homie...
Just post your results when your done so we can see how your technique worked for you...

will do friend. lookin like a bit of heat stress since i've been letting the lights on coincide with daytime heat and my dual port ac probably doesn't do as well with a higher intake *heat.
I personally dont have a youtube guru
I have been growing for the better part of 25years
I do like watching certain people....not for education but for entertainment
Maybe Vader
Growmau5 for his techie stuff
Medicropper for giant grows

but really I just have been around the block

as for the plants I grow
usually Sativa leaning
right now a landrace sativa that was flipped at 12" and is now 5'

as for advice....I only give advice when I am actually experienced in what the individual is going through
if not I will find someone whom has if it is that important
I never give advice to my experience if it isnt the same as the person asking

ay so you and i are the same, i gave advice with my scrog trellis experience

Wisher619

Wisher619

as for scrogging
having a double scrog and not flipping until you reach the second one is defeating the entire purpose of a scrog
the initial net is to spread the canopy to create maximum tops
once you have completely filled the net you flip
you then wait apprx. 14 days and throw up another net for support
if you know how much your strain stretches you can put the 2nd net up at flip....but the second net is for support only....assuming you will be gettin nice heavy nugs

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

oddly enough they're THIRSTY for my experience IMO. wanting water every 2 days or less in my soilless mix, i tuned down the lights and i'm going to work the day photoperiod earlier so i don't have to worry about peak daytime heat outside fucking with my a/c but i've been seeing what i perceive as heat stress and probably lockout from not lowering the ppm with the increased respiration

Wisher619

Wisher619

will do friend. lookin like a bit of heat stress since i've been letting the lights on coincide with daytime heat and my dual port ac probably doesn't do as well with a higher intake *heat.

ay so you and i are the same, i gave advice with my scrog trellis experience
giving advice to me is

your
medium
nutrients
enviroment
similar strain
are all in line then you would be helpfull to someone whom isnt experienced
guiding someone with your experience by having them follow you step by step is always more effecient than giving advice by opinion through individual experience

meaning if you both are in supersoil and running stocky indicas then advice would be great

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

as for scrogging
having a double scrog and not flipping until you reach the second one is defeating the entire purpose of a scrog
the initial net is to spread the canopy to create maximum tops
once you have completely filled the net you flip
you then wait apprx. 14 days and throw up another net for support
if you know how much your strain stretches you can put the 2nd net up at flip....but the second net is for support only....assuming you will be gettin nice heavy nugs

my purpose for a scrog is to distribute a canopy as evenly as possible. if i fill out a canopy 1-3" in the first trellis and let it fill into a second trellis set up 6"-8" above that first trellis and then flip into 12/12 i can guarantee an even spread canopy of at least 9"-24" and to my knowledge that is a great light penetration/saturation of a 1000w HPS bulb.

IMO......,,,, when i flip 12/12 with a full 6"8" canopy between both trellis' i will guarantee a 15-24"+ deep canopy at the end of bloom stretch which in my experience (IMO...,,,,) is ideal. my only experience with scrogging and trellis' i had a sparse canopy of 6-12" deep and it fucked me and that was the main point of my postings regarding scrog and trellis.

Last edited:
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

giving advice to me is

your
medium
nutrients
enviroment
similar strain
guiding someone with your experience by having them follow you step by step is always more effecient than giving advice by opinion through individual experience

meaning if you both are in supersoil and running stocky indicas then advice would be great

yoda i wasn't trying to give you advice lol i am padwan 2nd year

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

giving advice to me is

your
medium
nutrients
enviroment
similar strain

and yes i think the person i was giving advice to and myself are in the same league... tent growers under 45sq"

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

ay if i'm full of shit let me know here or in the inbox or on my grow diary. share the knowledge

*edit i'm drunk as fuck so i don't mean to come off as irritable, i legitimately want to advance my knowledge and the knowledge of my fellow grower

Wisher619

Wisher619

so you're saying i shouldn't try to help my fellow grower with my experience while acknowledging my experience as a reference? ie i had a scrog in a tent with coco and learned from it and want to share what i'd do again in the future
yeah I am not bashing you are trying to tell you what to do or how to give advice
Only giving advice is very touchy unless you know for a fact that what you are saying is correct as well as you being able to guarantee no failure

and as for scrog

I undestand what you are saying but is incorrect technique

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

yeah I am not bashing you are trying to tell you what to do or how to give advice
Only giving advice is very touchy unless you know for a fact that what you are saying is correct as well as you being able to guarantee no failure

and as for scrog

I undestand what you are saying but is incorrect technique

man i respectfully and with my own personal experience and setup disagree, my canopy was not nearly deep enough when i flipped and i'm trying to provide my advice with my experience with the scrog trellis *edit regarding my previous 2 grows, im sure you have more exp

Last edited:
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

then you are scrogging the wrong type of plant
basic stretch for my plants would 12-18" @ flip to 36-48" by week 3

damn i must be doing something wrong or we have different genetics. if my plants actually doubled with flip maybe i'd be singing a different tune. as it is all of the 50ish plant's i've grown stretched maybe 50% closer to 30%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom