Crop King Seeds Warning!! Do Not Buy!!!

• Thread starter TheNEBeanery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheNEBeanery

TheNEBeanery

seems as thought this company has a problem with americans!

this is copy and pasted from a thread.

What's up my fellow growers.
I hate to make a posting like this but I felt I had to do no one else runs into this problem.

Last night I was making a order from Crop King Seeds.
This morning I got a phone call saying someone was using my card in China. Now CropKing is in Canada. Over all my transaction was declined because they could not process my card outside of the USA. I forgot.

But here is the part of the story I want you to hear. I talked with Lisa on the web chat to ask what was up. This is how the talk went:

Lisa
Hello Jon. How may I help you?

Jon
I just tried to order from you last night and this morning my card was said to be used in China shopping mall...

Lisa
9:11 am
Jon... understand that most seed companies don't even allow credit cards for AMericans
tell your government to change the laws

Jon
Kind of upsetting this has never happened to me before and your website was the only one I have used

Lisa
then tell your government to change the laws
or pay cash like 50% of our customers

Jon
That is not a very friendly response...
Why the hostility?
I would be happy to use my paypal if you accept that payment

Lisa
because Americans need to understand that we are actually doing you a favor
you are not even allowed to order seeds
let alone use your credit card

Jon
Ok. At the end of the day money is money... Why does it matter who it comes from?

Lisa
correct

Jon
I am not understanding the hostility for Americans that you have?

Lisa
it is your government
they set the rules
and the rules say "you are not allowed to use a credit card or even buy seeds"
so we break these rules for you people
Jon... I am very busy here.
what is your question?

Jon
Your website seems very friendly but I don't understand the hostility to me because our government.
I am sending you a msg because my card number was somehow taken from your site and used in China
And you are on the subject of our government..
Delivered

And after that point she closed the chat.
So it seems that CropKing has a problem with Americans Unhappy
I honestly thought it was a valid question I was asking... But I was met with hostility.

Just be warned people please. Business is business there in no way should anyone get a response like that. Even more so when they said there company is based on "word of mouth".

LiquidJade

he later went on to say this

Update:
Just now got off the phone with the "owner" of the company. Said his name was mark. He is the largest seed guy in the world!!!

Anyways. I was informed he was doing me a favor in even taking my phone call. He stated that he was so busy with orders that he does not care about my order he needs less orders because of his demand. It's bad business I think. I am just letting the growers know.

I don't know guys...
Honestly that is not the response I was wanting to get...

if you want to read the whole thing go here

spread the word people!!!! this is exactly the kind of people we don't want running the market!

ken dog

ken dog

Well, they ARE doing you a favor.

Nobody NEEDS anyone else's money.

ken dog

ken dog

What I mean is you should appreciate the fact that he is even willing to sell you any seeds at all.

I agree with the owner of the company... He doesn't need anyone's business or their money.... He's doing everyone a favor.

Major CBD

Major CBD

seems as thought this company has a problem with americans!

this is copy and pasted from a thread.

What's up my fellow growers.
I hate to make a posting like this but I felt I had to do no one else runs into this problem.

Last night I was making a order from Crop King Seeds.
This morning I got a phone call saying someone was using my card in China. Now CropKing is in Canada. Over all my transaction was declined because they could not process my card outside of the USA. I forgot.

But here is the part of the story I want you to hear. I talked with Lisa on the web chat to ask what was up. This is how the talk went:

Lisa
Hello Jon. How may I help you?

Jon
I just tried to order from you last night and this morning my card was said to be used in China shopping mall...

Lisa
9:11 am
Jon... understand that most seed companies don't even allow credit cards for AMericans
tell your government to change the laws

Jon
Kind of upsetting this has never happened to me before and your website was the only one I have used

Lisa
then tell your government to change the laws
or pay cash like 50% of our customers

Jon
That is not a very friendly response...
Why the hostility?
I would be happy to use my paypal if you accept that payment

Lisa
because Americans need to understand that we are actually doing you a favor
you are not even allowed to order seeds
let alone use your credit card

Jon
Ok. At the end of the day money is money... Why does it matter who it comes from?

Lisa
correct

Jon
I am not understanding the hostility for Americans that you have?

Lisa
it is your government
they set the rules
and the rules say "you are not allowed to use a credit card or even buy seeds"
so we break these rules for you people
Jon... I am very busy here.
what is your question?

Jon
Your website seems very friendly but I don't understand the hostility to me because our government.
I am sending you a msg because my card number was somehow taken from your site and used in China
And you are on the subject of our government..
Delivered

And after that point she closed the chat.
So it seems that CropKing has a problem with Americans Unhappy
I honestly thought it was a valid question I was asking... But I was met with hostility.

Just be warned people please. Business is business there in no way should anyone get a response like that. Even more so when they said there company is based on "word of mouth".

LiquidJade

he later went on to say this

Update:
Just now got off the phone with the "owner" of the company. Said his name was mark. He is the largest seed guy in the world!!!

Anyways. I was informed he was doing me a favor in even taking my phone call. He stated that he was so busy with orders that he does not care about my order he needs less orders because of his demand. It's bad business I think. I am just letting the growers know.

I don't know guys...
Honestly that is not the response I was wanting to get...

if you want to read the whole thing go here

spread the word people!!!! this is exactly the kind of people we don't want running the market!
I don't care what anyone else says brother. Hospitality is good business. You have a right to ask about your card being used in a country you had no business with. Business is not a favor! Business is business. End of story.
Signed~ A humble American

ken dog

ken dog

Nobody is entitled to buy anything... and no one can force somebody to go into business.
We should appreciate our vendors, and acknowledge what they do for us.

Major CBD

Major CBD

Nobody is entitled to buy anything... and no one can force somebody to go into business.
We should appreciate our vendors, and acknowledge what they do for us.
I respect your knowledge of the craft but good Sir I cannot second you on your position. Business is business and being rude is being rude. I appreciate the information about the card being used out of said country. Fraud is a very real problem and concern.

ken dog

ken dog

I will not argue against rude being rude... I agree about that.

So yes...There was no reason to be rude.

I am just making the point that there is also no reason to cut off your nose to spite your face. If you want the product, get the product regardless of how rude or polite the seller is.

Major CBD

Major CBD

I will not argue against rude being rude... I agree about that.

So yes...There was no reason to be rude.

I am just making the point that there is also no reason to cut off your nose to spite your face. If you want the product, get the product regardless of how rude or polite the seller is.
100% my man! (Virtual handshake)

Hate Life

Hate Life

These guys got my local hydro store stocked with a bunch of fem seeds.
I know a friend who got an Ice Wreck from a guy who proposed a super shady deal, and is most likely pulling a scam over an MMPR "legal grow",
This man is most likely taking his money, and has done it before.

I can't see someone from the States making this up out of nowhere, considering Crop King seeds is based in British Columbia, Canada.
It would be a little over board to post e-mails on this site as well, so let's leave that at that.

It seems to me that seed buyers want to be able to place trust in these companies more often then not, I am one of them myself.
However money is the motive and will continue to temp people to take from others, and do things they wouldn't normally do, or wish have done to themselves.

So not to point fingers just yet, but in general, this practice should be public knowledge and frowned upon.
Thank you for the heads up sir.

This is coming from a seed collector who has spend countless thousands of dollars (XX,XXX) on marijuana seeds over the last 5 years.

And I have learned from my fair share purchases that not all sources can be trusted, that is a fact.

I would also like to say, that companies who sell seeds with low germination rates are also stealing from the consumer, how hard is it to restock product, or produce batches in smaller amounts more frequently, let alone test the germination rates?

Not hard, so if you get 1-10 seeds germ, believe me, they know, and they don't care.
I can't wait until standards for all facets on the marijuana industry are set, and enforce.

I've literally had only 5-10 seeds pop out of more than 30 packs of ten, of all different strains from the same seed company, and this is one of the most well known seed companies.

However that money spent on advertising should have most likely been spent elsewhere, and given back the consumers.

Ugh, anyways, this was about getting ripped off as a consumer, and there are many ways my friend.

This company was founded in 2005 so they have had over 11 years to perfect the craft, either way you want to look at it.

Better luck in the future my friend, and in the future hopefully we don't have to depend on luck, or chance.

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

What I mean is you should appreciate the fact that he is even willing to sell you any seeds at all.

I agree with the owner of the company... He doesn't need anyone's business or their money.... He's doing everyone a favor.
You obviously have no idea how commerce goes.
If you sell weed, which you not suppose to sell, and I buy from you exclusively, which I'm not suppose to be buying (((online))), and I cal you with an issue wit yo weed. You gon tell me you don't need my business or money or anyone for that matter? If that's so, why are you in business? To fail? Cause that'll surely happen with that kind of attitude. You have 1000 customers, if you treat half of them that way you'll most def feel it.

ken dog

ken dog

In my opinion, there needs to be more appreciation for the people that are putting out the products, that we as consumers, have the privilege to buy.

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

In my opinion, there needs to be more appreciation for the people that are putting out the products, that we as consumers, have the privilege to buy.
So you would continue to shop at home depot if they treated you like Shit Everytime you shop? Or any retail store for that matter? What if the owner of your local grocery store traded you that way? Would you still buy your produce from there?. Idgaf what you have, gives you no right to treat people wrong. To hell with your seeds,I can order elsewhere.You know hire many companies shop over here that aren't suppose to?

Hate Life

Hate Life

True, credit is given where credit is due.

However, nobody is going to appreciate being ripped off and having their credit card information misused....
Much less after the fact of being told off by the customer service rep.

We may have skipped some information or misread the initial post sir.

ken dog

ken dog

I don't care how I am treated at Home Depot... I will buy what I need, when I need it... regardless of how I am treated.

ken dog

ken dog

If you don't need the product that bad, then don't buy it... But if you need the product... Buy it.

Why should you let someone else's attitude dictate what you do and don't purchase?

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

If you don't need the product that bad, then don't buy it... But if you need the product... Buy it.

Why should you let someone else's attitude dictate what you do and don't purchase?
There's more than one way to skin a cat, there's more than one way to grow, there's more people out there with the same product and poetically for less. That's why we have the saying "good customer service"... Cause you want your customers to be happy so they can come back. Your business well never thrive with the attitude you have.....
Good growing brother.

ken dog

ken dog

Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door... It has nothing to do with attitude.

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

Ok try being an a-hole to all your customers, see how many come back.
Attitude has everything to do with everything. Yo girl gon give you some Pussy and you actin like an a-hole? Yo boss gon give you a raise our let you keep your job if you continue to actlike an ass? Exactly! Attitude is everything

Top Bottom