Cure Your Medicine by DJ Short

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

also what would be a good humidity for the entire box so there is no mold. and if somehow mold does show up is the bud gone or can you save it

If mold does show up, just separate the moldy buds from the ones that are fine. Then cut out the spots where it looks moldy and dry them out to make sure it doesn't spread. The buds wont taste as good as the rest but they still work.

I shoot for 65% when curing. If its over 68% or so then it was jarred/boxed too early and at the minimum should be left in the container without a lid for a few hours if the room humidity is lower. If its real high just dump them out on the screen. Once you have a stable 65% or lower, then just leave the container, unopened, for around a week at a time. If the RH creeps over 65 then just burp them as needed.

kashif

kashif

very valuable information...mold can occur during curing process too.....

S

Sharks32

Been growin sensi star and am at the hanging upside down stage.although this is only my second ever grow I still feel something just isn't right with it.5 days and the buds are big but feel very weak to touch not much smell either more like a hay smell. Is this normal at this stage.after reading the curing technics I'm inclined to try the brown bag but don't think my buds will tighten up they look and feel too loose.can advice?

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

the smell will change for the chlorpyhl coming out but oonce you jar them and burp the every so often they will start smelling fresh this could take from two weeks to two months

R

Remo2025

nice post Tex curing 101

I had a curious thought today about curing.
Has anyone here experimented faster was to cure like with a food dehydrator or some extremely cold process like dry ice. I have never tried either but just was wondering if anyone had any thoughts,information or studies on the aforementioned methods please post a reply.:party0044:

LJ Cannabis

LJ Cannabis

Well, there we have it.. The DJ Short way... Gotta respect someone who can backcross like he can! His Blueberry is a staple in my garden....:D

I absolutely will not medicate with anything that's earlier than 6 weeks from harvest.

Always Baked.... Never Fried.... Anonymous

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

Everytime I hang a plant I learn something, timing, heat, humidity.. its a never ending battle but the more vigilant you are the better product you end up with and before long youre the pied piper.. Im no pro by any means but every harvest gets just that much better because of everyone of you guys. Thanks my brothers and sisters

also I dont like that taste bags impart on my bud.. Im not saying its wrong I just dont like it

Drizzle

Drizzle

dam 2 to 4 weeks hanging and brown bagging....sounds like he might be from Florida where it's more humid

reeldrag

reeldrag

drying

So its not good to hang the plant in the light ? Does the place have to be totally black ? Ambient light, like when the curtains are drawn, is that ok ?
dark dark dark is key any light will keep the chlorpil alive alot of times that minty rough taste is it wasnt hung in a completly dark place for 48 hrs min

K

kolah

I am currently growing DJ's Vanilluna ( Vanilla Moon) and the genetics of his creation just blows me away. He's an old skool breeder and quite a legend.

Danked

Danked

I know this is an old thread... but I am currently in the curing stages of my 3rd grow (on my own) and I'm right at that critical point where the bud's done hanging to dry, and it's now either going in brown bags.. or straight to jars. I'm kind of doing a "don't put all your eggs in one basket" approach. SO my question is... which is better? Using the brown paper bags to even out the moisture, then put it in jars & burp for a week... or... straight to jars and burp often for the first few days? Anyone have an good insight they could give me.... Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -danked

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thats a great question Danked. Im doing both right now too..Bucket and brown bag side by side.
They seem to be the same..but the you can't go wrong with the Brown paper bag..;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
dark dark dark is key any light will keep the chlorpil alive alot of times that minty rough taste is it wasnt hung in a completly dark place for 48 hrs min
shit :dead: complete darkness...really ? :banghead:

Danked

Danked

Caregiverken: I'm still not sold on the brown paper bag thing. I jsut want it EVENLY dry with at least Some good smell left to it. I mean, I guess I do still want it to be as good tasting and loud smelling as possible, ya know... But I just don't wanna fuck it up. This is really only my 2nd harvest (growing on my own, w/o friend's help), so I've definitely got ALOT to learn still. And so far, the growing part is almost easier than drying/curing. In fact, I personally think it is. 'Cuz I've gotten some very good compliments on my plants (pre-harvest, in flowering) from buddy's that have been growing for years... so I must being doing something right there. It's just the drying part....so easy to fuck things op

Danked

Danked

I did manage to keep mine drying in the pitch black. I've read that the trichomes are Very fragile after the plant is harvested and any light and heat will damage them...

Top Bottom