curing nug the right way?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ravenchief

ravenchief

Okay Houston we got problems since I got the notification from PayPal yesterday morning saying that I got refunded from Herb's now...

I figured they didn't ship in that was going to be the end of it well I didn't talk to PayPal I asked them for my money back in a email I'll have to get on the phone and figure out what's going on anyway....

Straight up...

Buzz is it worth keeping I don't want to put you on the spot but I mean it's here now

I know Mr.J says yes.....

ok with a Open Mind and since it's here I'm going to Give it a try....
it's not worth paying the shipping back and there out the shipping $$$ also .... So the Right thing to do is run it>>>>>>>>>>>>
I love mine - I got it this summer and have done 3 harvests of 9 total plants - It is not the same as a dehydrator but my humidity level is low and I usually achieve a good drying in 56 hours as opposed to 96 and then to cure in jars.

ravenchief

ravenchief

I'd say it has a shot. However it doesn't actually reverse the process if u went a little far already. Would would Def help u is a 62% Bovida pack in a Mason jar. It will Def bring back that stickiness and some smell. The freezer is awesome but in this case not sure if it's right for what ur after. I'd go Bovida pack and then the freezer. May just work.
Hi -
I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd give it a try.
I really would like to try this method using my herbsnow first for a couple of days to dry and then into cardboard boxes and then the freezer for a month and then a week of an hour out then back a day.
My question is that this freezer is also our household food container. Will the cannabis smell be frozen neutral or be something that will smell when the door is opened.
Thanks in advance and I am really looking forward to the results

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@basscaptain , I am not selling mine, since I think that my problems were mostly of my own making. I will be chopping another in a few days and will check more often.
Yours will be brand new in the box, and would be easier to sell on Fleabay for a decent number..but you would of course take a hit.
I will keep posting results as I go. As I mentioned to get a 22% yield on the first (and only ) press of 1o grams of flower, show that there is moisture in those buds!
Time will tell for sure!

Why would moisture affect the resin yield? I had a jar of loose buds and close trim jar cured 6 months blasted last year and it gave over 4 grams. And the guy was not a pro at blasting. Old school method.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Hi -
I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd give it a try.
I really would like to try this method using my herbsnow first for a couple of days to dry and then into cardboard boxes and then the freezer for a month and then a week of an hour out then back a day.
My question is that this freezer is also our household food container. Will the cannabis smell be frozen neutral or be something that will smell when the door is opened.
Thanks in advance and I am really looking forward to the results

it’s not really old, or at least it’s active.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

ROSIN....But for some reason..low rh makes for a poor yield when pressing. My bud presses best at 62% RH or a bit higher.

I didnt know that. I need a bin of cured jars of bud trim and loose buds. I know a presser and now a closed loop blaster. Maybe i should stick to the blaster?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I didnt know that. I need a bin of cured jars of bud trim and loose buds. I know a presser and now a closed loop blaster. Maybe i should stick to the blaster?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I meant for yield. I dont really smoke extracts. Many years addicted to smoking something else that dab smoking reminds me too much of.

But I have considered buying a press. I appreciate the clean pure method.
20190426 103408

basscaptain

basscaptain

You can add some moisture if needed to the jars for pressing..Boveda, orange peel, lettuce etc. You can also put a wet paper towel folded up in the lid and rest the jar on its side for an hr..(not to let it touch the weed)
the fast and easy way........
Low Cost.......>>>>>>
will not change the taste...........

A small pice of Corn Taco Shell..........................................................😘😇

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

You can add some moisture if needed to the jars for pressing..Boveda, orange peel, lettuce etc. You can also put a wet paper towel folded up in the lid and rest the jar on its side for an hr..(not to let it touch the weed)

I always rehydratebefore press. Typically try a day in advance. Largesealed binwith a couple zips and awet paper towel on a plastic lid so it doesn’t touch anything. Gives me much better results

basscaptain

basscaptain

I know that @Mr.jiujitsu didn't like them, but after 24 hrs in a jar with a Boveda 62..the moisture really came back up. Got a 26% return on the same bud, same settings etc....and the color got much better! (pressed another 20 grams of flower)
That Make's me Happy 😇

try a pice of taco shell no bigger then a quarter in a mason jar

i take a 1/4 of 1 and put it 6 jars so it doesn't take much....

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That Make's me Happy 😇
Even though you got pissed..after you have dried something and like the thing..don't forget about the expansion trays if they were successfully cancelled. Jusdt check often and don't mess up like I did.

Again, I don't know the 2 strains that I dried (Finnish Frost, and Sherbet,) but they are the most crystal covered beauties that I have ever seen. I believe that the dryer had alot to do with that and will probably chop another plant today to see for sure. It could be that the size relationship of trichomes to plant matter is that different as the dryer shrinks the plant matter away..

Another thing that was touched on in his video, was that you can cut a sample, dry it fast and sample before cutting the whole plant. I am feeling pretty good about the dryer now..Hopefully it will have a long life.

Top Bottom