curing nug the right way?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

i'm not trying to be a dick.... but i'm sure this is his starting point.... and the name is changed

I seen 1 last night that looks the same.. it's not this one

But this will run in the 70's

I really hope it works I just don't like the fact he can sell anything to you with no recouse......

I'm done....I Hope I'm happy also Mr J
230 volts on that link?

basscaptain

basscaptain

i don't know about that i just pulled up the 1st thing i seen I could spend a hr and find the 1 from last night or something on 110 running 250w that will do the same thing but I'm not doing that..
all I'm saying is the guy didn't spend 100 grand coming up with this..... and you can find something that will do the same thing Cheaper.....

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

i don't know about that i just pulled up the 1st thing i seen I could spend a hr and find the 1 from last night or something on 110 running 250w that will do the same thing but I'm not doing that..
all I'm saying is the guy didn't spend 100 grand coming up with this..... and you can find something that will do the same thing Cheaper.....
There WILL be knockoffs very soon I bet. If I see one at Goodwill or something, I will buy it and open it up to see what to do. I was PM'd by someone that is going to try and has ordered 2x cheapo units already.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

i'm not trying to be a dick.... but i'm sure this is his starting point.... and the name is changed

I seen 1 last night that looks the same.. it's not this one

But this will run in the 70's

I really hope it works I just don't like the fact he can sell anything to you with no recouse......

I'm done....I Hope I'm happy also Mr J

This gets way too hot. Yes it looks like they used a platform and then changed it. Lots of examples but mine runs steady, and silent. 27 deg c and stable. I’m going to add a shot glass later today and see how that effects the numbers. I am logging this run out of curiosity. I spent a bit of time but can’t find any that have close to the specs I need on alibaba. I would love one that heats to say 75 deg and moves the air the same way. Or wish it had a slow selector so it could reduce the heat slightly. Overall I’m still happy and no matter how hard I look I can’t find anything else that works at these specs🤷🏻‍♂️ These dehydrators will overheat your flower. I have friends that have used them and did not get the same results.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Just saying nothing new..we have been doing this for yrs....

I mean I don’t agree. They look very similar but perform differently and different functions really. I can’t find any that run that low of temperature. I see what your saying, but I think they took an old design and changed the guts to work for what we want to do. So yes you can buy a cheap dehydrator and do a bunch of stuff to try and get the same results.... personally Ilike the way mine works and it’s nothing like when my buddy used a dehydrator. It’s pretty common for companies in this industry to keep their secrets. Ardent doesn’t post its actual information on its decarb specs, and they won’t give them out. Yes the oven will work, but my ardent kills it perfect every time. My two cents is your upset aboutchanging your mind and have already evaluatedthe equipment before you have it. I have been there before and suspect no matter the outcome you won’t be happy due to your distaste with the customer service. Hope you get great results dude just saying the dehydratorisn’t the same thing, and won’t give you the same results. Yes 15 deg makes all the difference in the world.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just got a email from paypal they gave me my $$$$$ back.....
Congrats!
I bet if that becomes commonplace, they will stop taking Paypal.

Meantime, I pulled the Sherbet at 61 hrs. The weed was crispy, but not as bad as the 1st plant. Jarred it, but haven't pressed any yet. I think I will make checking at 50 hrs and then every 2 hrs thereafter from now on. There is no hay smell, and the real smell has begun to emerge, so I still have high hopes for the thing...I have to..I own it! LOL

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Just got a email from paypal they gave me my $$$$$ back.....

somy experience has been great with the company. I’m not surprised you got refunded, even if you hastily went to label them negatively. In the end, this is nothing like the dehydrators you keep comparing them to. I’m not the only one getting great results, you can see literally thousands of happy customers on Instagram. Like with everything in this game, it takes a little bit of elbow grease in before your an expert. I’m still learning every day,I have done side by side drys and decades of hang drying. I’m happy and look forward to more evolution of the product. I keep looking online and can’t find anything with the same stats.80 deg drying scared me. 95 deg and I wouldn’t be able to sleep. If I didn’t have round after round of great results then I would understand. I got the same response when I spoke to the local grow shop. it’s ok. I do things differently and when they work - I give praise. When they are @MarsHydroLED level company then I let the world know to stay away from their garbage.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Congrats!
I bet if that becomes commonplace, they will stop taking Paypal.

Meantime, I pulled the Sherbet at 61 hrs. The weed was crispy, but not as bad as the 1st plant. Jarred it, but haven't pressed any yet. I think I will make checking at 50 hrs and then every 2 hrs thereafter from now on. There is no hay smell, and the real smell has begun to emerge, so I still have high hopes for the thing...I have to..I own it! LOL

the way the fragrance comes out after a couple days jarred and the moister finishes comming our you will be amazed by the final
Product

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Gonna try something different next dry (in a few days). This time I will water the day before the chop and get the plant "full". Normally AI let them dry out a bit before I chop. maybe it will extend my drying time?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Gonna try something different next dry (in a few days). This time I will water the day before the chop and get the plant "full". Normally AI let them dry out a bit before I chop. maybe it will extend my drying time?

I water like normal all the way up
Till harvest..... but I typically don’t cut and entire plant at once so.... but this makes sense to me I didn’t realize you where pre drying by causing drought

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

An observation. Yes, the nugs are feeling better..BUT, they have lost most of their weight, which is of little consequence to me. For my personal use, I think the finished product will be better than a hang dry (my climate won't permit a long dry..too dry, even with humidifiers.)

IF YOU ARE SELLING.....I WOULD BE VERY CAUTIOUS.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Finnish Frost from the dryer after 2 days in jars.
10 grams pressed..2.2 grams of Rosin on one press...200d F for 3 minutes and 30 seconds. No bag, and before I picked out the few specs of plant matter.
A bit darker than usual, but that could be the strain.
The good news is that for a 22% return, the nugs must have good moisture content, even if they still feel crunchy.
Finnish Frost

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

An observation. Yes, the nugs are feeling better..BUT, they have lost most of their weight, which is of little consequence to me. For my personal use, I think the finished product will be better than a hang dry (my climate won't permit a long dry..too dry, even with humidifiers.)

IF YOU ARE SELLING.....I WOULD BE VERY CAUTIOUS.

When I open jars with a decent cure time they seem dehydrated to what my typical hang dry would be but smell and taste better.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Okay Houston we got problems since I got the notification from PayPal yesterday morning saying that I got refunded from Herb's now...

I figured they didn't ship in that was going to be the end of it well I didn't talk to PayPal I asked them for my money back in a email I'll have to get on the phone and figure out what's going on anyway....

Straight up...

Buzz is it worth keeping I don't want to put you on the spot but I mean it's here now

I know Mr.J says yes.....

ok with a Open Mind and since it's here I'm going to Give it a try....
it's not worth paying the shipping back and there out the shipping $$$ also .... So the Right thing to do is run it>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

@basscaptain , I am not selling mine, since I think that my problems were mostly of my own making. I will be chopping another in a few days and will check more often.
Yours will be brand new in the box, and would be easier to sell on Fleabay for a decent number..but you would of course take a hit.
I will keep posting results as I go. As I mentioned to get a 22% yield on the first (and only ) press of 1o grams of flower, show that there is moisture in those buds!
Time will tell for sure!

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm thinking with my moisture problem and I do water my plants so there full..... I'll run it and see... this is for me........ I'm going to hang dry some also of crouse too

but if the end is better after jared that's what this is all about....

Top Bottom