curing nug the right way?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

Even though you got pissed..after you have dried something and like the thing..don't forget about the expansion trays if they were successfully cancelled. Jusdt check often and don't mess up like I did.

Again, I don't know the 2 strains that I dried (Finnish Frost, and Sherbet,) but they are the most crystal covered beauties that I have ever seen. I believe that the dryer had alot to do with that and will probably chop another plant today to see for sure. It could be that the size relationship of trichomes to plant matter is that different as the dryer shrinks the plant matter away..

Another thing that was touched on in his video, was that you can cut a sample, dry it fast and sample before cutting the whole plant. I am feeling pretty good about the dryer now..Hopefully it will have a long life.
The sample thing is part of the reason I'm in it also...... I'm about 47 days in on the thcbombs they say 8-10 weeks BUT 10 is Better.... I'm doing 10 But at 8 I'm trying this thing...... 😉 😉

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The sample thing is part of the reason I'm in it also...... I'm about 47 days in on the thcbombs they say 8-10 weeks BUT 10 is Better.... I'm doing 10 But at 8 I'm trying this thing...... 😉 😉
I HIGHLY recommend that you go by the trichomes and not what they say! Don't forget that you are running far red which CAN shorten flowering time substantially (one week here on some)..The Emerson Effect is a killa!🤓

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I HIGHLY recommend that you go by the trichomes and not what they say! Don't forget that you are running far red which CAN shorten flowering time substantially (one week here on some)..The Emerson Effect is a killa!🤓
Here's that plant which was advertised to be 63-70 days, at FIFTY EIGHT DAYS!
Snap1

Moshmen

Moshmen

Why would moisture affect the resin yield? I had a jar of loose buds and close trim jar cured 6 months blasted last year and it gave over 4 grams. And the guy was not a pro at blasting. Old school method.
When ya press, moisture content is directly related to return and quality it either provides or removes mobility for the trichs to flow. It’s just not the same as blasting , I get my best returns and quality at about 60-65%

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Stacked another unit full last night with more of my pheno 3 New England sour D. Gonna just chop the whole plant shortly and maybe a couple others as I’m dying to move this tent and set up the 2x. Going for a doubling of size in this tent, bunch of upgrades .... gonna allow me to do more smaller plants and really refine some of my personal strain creations. Also doubles my veg space.... oh I’m so ready for this

6CAF22DD 2710 4338 A1A3 26839AECA72A

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I know that @Mr.jiujitsu didn't like them, but after 24 hrs in a jar with a Boveda 62..the moisture really came back up. Got a 26% return on the same bud, same settings etc....and the color got much better! (pressed another 20 grams of flower)

I have just found when left for months that I have had negative effectsvisual and smell

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Update. Just dried one with tight nugs. Had the room at 55% rh and temps at 65d F and it still finished in 80 hrs! One in the jars feels and smokes great..another seems still too dry after a week in the jars.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I put an extra shelf in the middle and put a “sensor push” temp/ humidity sensor/logged on that shelf. I will track and post it’s data. The room it’s in is 66degf and 57-60% humidity.
what difrence would huimidity and temp be,using a dehydrater? really i want to know,looks like a dehydrator to me and there whole design is to take all moisture out of fruits,after you do this is all smells of your bud gone ,is the product dry,honestly i dont see how it works and curious,because mama dehydrates stuff all the time and none that shit taste like what it is afterwards

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

In a dry, low RH climate..the drying happens too fast..according to the maker. The 1st dry that I did had snapping stems after only 48 hrs. (his preset is 96 hrs, but is easily adjustable unlike the preset temperature.The buds on that one are still too dry, but VERY smokable, even after only a few days in jars. Someone is modding a presto dehydrator and also has the retail herbsnow to compare it too. His works and he4 is testing now. Hopefully he will post soon.

Top Bottom