curing nug the right way?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Nothing minty in my bud. Same taste as my conventional cured stuff. Only better.

Yeah mine's neither brother lol. Wouldn't it be cool to grow a Sin city sinmint and get a minty. Tasting pheno lol. No seriously ,i believe sublimation AFTER chop ,minus the paper bags. THEN jar and burped for a month ,would give you a crazy tasty product . Now i dont grow GREAT ELBOWS of bud , just enough for my ailments and the wife's . I reckons if i was bigger I'd just use sublimation on my personal.
The trippy chemist dude assured me yeah some type of ripening is going down but, with alterations to thc cells ,weather good or bad nobody knows end product always speaks for results . And so far good enough for me and wifey .
Respect!

D

donkeydon

over the years you will get use to when to take the plants down from drying. I don't go as low as 55%. I vac seal at 60% this extends the freshness of the buds without getting any mold IMO. When I tried 50,55 the buds dried up to fast. I also hang the whole plant for 4-5 days when the outer leaves are crunchy I check daily on the inner leaves to be crunchy I take her down remove all branches from the main stock. I do all my trimming with dry plants. The end product always turns out better for me doing it this why..

I just harvested 2 OG Mango's. whe nI finished trimming the rh% was 63% I was dam near spot on. So I let the lid open over night next day 60%. the next day still 60%. just where i LIKE IT...
its sweet when you can nail them close. impressed. what are your temps/rh on hang? that would allow everyone here a lotta success from that kinda info. im trying to get that with a smaller sativa cross .cool

D

donkeydon

@gamrs explains it the best but I use a shallow cardboard box. Spread out in a single layer. Leaves for two weeks or more. I go twenty days. Leave them alone during this period. After this period is over take the entire box or whatever u use out. Put in a dark place for an hour then back in. Repeat for a week then into jars and do what u would normally do.i promise u u will love it! If u try it let the farm know what u think! And feel free to ask me anything u want bro!
I like this.more than one way to skin a kitty

D

donkeydon

This is what you wanna do....

Grab something like a small cardboard box place under buds leaving buds open to air. Ive never tried laying on. Bare plastic, most of today's plastics aren't breathable in certain temps.
Leave totally in freezer two weeks don't touchem, if anything grab some tongs(lunch lady style) turnem each side one week each so both sides are exposed(VERY GENTLY TRICHS WILL FALL IN THESE TEMPS).
Third week take out a hour a day then OUT FREEZER View attachment 378888 , off to classic jarring till You find yourself a sweet spot. I like mines nice and sticky, wife loves hers brittle and dry.
Hope this helps.

I use these and linem with non inked paper, or cardboard with no ink.
cool

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Heres something else i just started doing.
Refridgerator Cure.
Meaning i dry my meds same as i previously described and dbl checking and makeing sure i have my proper dry 60-62 percent.
From there its real simple i put the meds in a vac bag and remove the air and seal it and put it in the fridge. Burp when i need some.
This fridge cure is produceing some of the finest quality meds ive ever seen and my peeps are totally freeking out over it. The fridge disperses the moisture evenly thruout the meds at the same time really accentuating the flavor and stank profiles all the while enhanceing them and locking down the sticky.
Ive seen most of the bomb commercial meds available at this point and always wondered what some of these bigger boys where doing to get there shit so proper and can say without a doubt fridge cure is exactly what they r doing im just glad i stumbled on the little gem of a secret on accident.
Do not store in ziplock bag they breathe and the fridge will suck out whatever moisture is left in the meds i learned the hard way lol.
Long as u remove all air and seal that vac bag ur all set.
Heres a fridge cured nug.
20140215 150349

P.S
I would try the freezer method but my meds dont stick around long enuff to do so.
Peace

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Heres something else i just started doing.
Refridgerator Cure.
Meaning i dry my meds same as i previously described and dbl checking and makeing sure i have my proper dry 60-62 percent.
From there its real simple i put the meds in a vac bag and remove the air and seal it and put it in the fridge. Burp when i need some.
This fridge cure is produceing some of the finest quality meds ive ever seen and my peeps are totally freeking out over it. The fridge disperses the moisture evenly thruout the meds at the same time really accentuating the flavor and stank profiles all the while enhanceing them and locking down the sticky.
Ive seen most of the bomb commercial meds available at this point and always wondered what some of these bigger boys where doing to get there shit so proper and can say without a doubt fridge cure is exactly what they r doing im just glad i stumbled on the little gem of a secret on accident.
Do not store in ziplock bag they breathe and the fridge will suck out whatever moisture is left in the meds i learned the hard way lol.
Long as u remove all air and seal that vac bag ur all set.
Heres a fridge cured nug.
View attachment 379311

P.S
I would try the freezer method but my meds dont stick around long enuff to do so.
Peace

Righteous Paper! Wanna include the Vac with the the long term freezer cure . Your buds are outrageous bro!
Respect!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yeah mine's neither brother lol. Wouldn't it be cool to grow a Sin city sinmint and get a minty. Tasting pheno lol. No seriously ,i believe sublimation AFTER chop ,minus the paper bags. THEN jar and burped for a month ,would give you a crazy tasty product . Now i dont grow GREAT ELBOWS of bud , just enough for my ailments and the wife's . I reckons if i was bigger I'd just use sublimation on my personal.
The trippy chemist dude assured me yeah some type of ripening is going down but, with alterations to thc cells ,weather good or bad nobody knows end product always speaks for results . And so far good enough for me and wifey .
Respect!

Yeah I was looking at this method and the first thing I though was that I was gonna need a lot of freezers... I'll stick to hanging up whole for now...

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Yeah I was looking at this method and the first thing I though was that I was gonna need a lot of freezers... I'll stick to hanging up whole for now...

Lmfao yeah Cap! Your a Big Dawg in the game bro! One dude i know has those meat locker deep freezers ?? He uses it for just his personal. Ona large scale you'd need big industrial freezers. The non frost one's! !

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Righteous Paper! Wanna include the Vac with the the long term freezer cure . Your buds are outrageous bro!
Respect!
And so r urs im sure....

Heres what i think alot of peeps are missing.
Peeps r thinking that the freezer is locking in the moisture which is understandable but its quite the contrary, as long as the nuggs are left out to dry and not sealed in a bag the freezer is going to suck that moisture right out of those nuggs and i know the fridge does. Matter of face the fridge almost had some of my nuggs petrified overnight so im imagineing that it works the same way if not faster in the freezer. These are things i have observed OJT(on the job training) lol cant really knock it till u put eyes on it and know exactly whats going on before u assume it. Id have never guessed the fridge cure was all that it is theres actually a write up about the fridge cure at harborside....

Heres some 60-62 percent dry nuggs non fridge cured..
Dried in 3-4 days in 75ambient room temps with maybe 15-20 percent humidity..

20131229 222559

A pic to show how dense the nuggs actually r wet on the stick idk how much more dense u can get than vice grip dense ;) i see alot of peeps overdrying there nuggets. Its a science but if u lock them in at 60-62 percent its a wrap!
Downloadfile 3

Last edited:
Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

And so r urs im sure....

Peeps r thinking that the freezer is locking in the moisture which is understandable but its quite the contrary, as long as the nuggs are left out to dry and not sealed in a bag the freezer is going to suck that moisture right out of those nuggs and i know the fridge does. Matter of face the fridge almost had some of my nuggs petrified overnight so im imagineing that it works the same way if not faster in the freezer. These are things i have observed OJT(on the job training) lol cant really knock it till u put eyes on it and know exactly whats going on before u assume it. Id have never guessed the fridge cure was all that it is theres actually a write up about the fridge cure at harborside....

View attachment 379323

Bingo brother! That's what im saying .it cuts down that "HANG TIME". And locks in taste density etc without those pesky bags lol . I think your onto something great paper . Hmmm, like freeze, jar then fridge for long term . Gonna have to pick your brain on that brother!
Respect!

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
??? if there moisture on anything in my freezer it makes ice. How do you keep that moisture from freezing??

I have been doing it like this for a few decades now. Im in no hurry....I also don't trim wet plants. I like the end product better when I trim dry. Being able to know when to start trimming to get to the RH% you want takes time/experience. I can tell how dry they are by feeling them. I never have plants that are to dry anymore.

Im taking 5 OG Mango Haze down. they are ready now. giving a bit more fresh water ..

Tnelz

Tnelz

And so r urs im sure....

View attachment 379323

A pic to show how dense the nuggs actually r wet on the stick idk how much more dense u can get than vice grip dense ;) i see alot of peeps overdrying there nuggets. Its a science but if u lock them in at 60-62 percent its a wrap!
View attachment 379327
Hey paper buds are sick bro. I see u prefer 62% rh. I have been using sublimation but jarring after I feel that process is to my liking. Anyway I bought some of those 62% boveda packets and they work awesome. I told Gamrstwin36 it's like cheating. Two into a ball jar and boom perfect buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom