curing nug the right way?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

o

o the big nugz lift with prongs on both ends /less triche damage/that's the only downfall really.if you nail it on turning them/ bang babyyyy
Thats the way. I honestly don't feel like I had any noticeable trich damage at all. A more discerning eye may find some boo boos but I am very happy with the final product!

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Hey paper buds are sick bro. I see u prefer 62% rh. I have been using sublimation but jarring after I feel that process is to my liking. Anyway I bought some of those 62% boveda packets and they work awesome. I told Gamrstwin36 it's like cheating. Two into a ball jar and boom perfect buds.
I havent tried them but see lots of peeps doing useing them. U can do the same if u overdry a little u can toss some 62 percent nuggs in there n get them back up too par. But i find its best to naturally dry to 62 percent and lock it in as opposed to putting it back in its just better quality and more tasty stuff if u lock it in i suppose. U def cant put the sticky back in once u overdry the sticky dont come back but yea for commercial id say hell yea its not a prob to use those pax.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

??? if there moisture on anything in my freezer it makes ice. How do you keep that moisture from freezing??

I have been doing it like this for a few decades now. Im in no hurry....I also don't trim wet plants. I like the end product better when I trim dry. Being able to know when to start trimming to get to the RH% you want takes time/experience. I can tell how dry they are by feeling them. I never have plants that are to dry anymore.

Im taking 5 OG Mango Haze down. they are ready now. giving a bit more fresh water ..

I have a No Frost freezer. . ONLY thing That makes ice is my ice trays meat wrapped in plastic etc.
Different hats for different head's bro.
I just gotta chance to talk to my old buddy i grew up with in Oakland, hes been a commercial grower since late 90s. Asked him for some genetics , he'd rather share knowledge before genetics lol smh (i actually stopped a lot of ass whooping coming his way in middle school and parts of high school smh).
He actually laughed when i said, hey sublimation cure?? He said yeah for his personal connoisseur smoking. But said he'd rather use his special made cabinet, that's like a huge mason jar!(lucky fuck lol).

He said in his line of business cure doesn't really matter (go figure ) as long as it's not wet weight. He continued on about his need for more trustworthy trimmers at his place of business. After feeling like i wasn't fucking up my own buds from his sarcastic feedback , i asked what's the new flavor up top and when he's sending his boy some. He mysteriously had a urge to rush and couldn't answer THOSE questions Smfh .

So i feel it's all preferred taste in your process of growing. Just my 2pennies Hammer!
Respect !

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I think I have no frost but if I have water on anything that water will freeze. Example would be if there some condensation on something. I will notice ice on the box. im just trying to grasp how the moisture in the buds doesn't freeze. No wories my friend :) im an old fart lol

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I think I have no frost but if I have water on anything that water will freeze. Example would be if there some condensation on something. I will notice ice on the box. im just trying to grasp how the moisture in the buds doesn't freeze. No wories my friend :) im an old fart lol

Your not OLD, your SEASONED! !! lol. Sublimation is some freaky science shit hammer. I doubt I'll EVER GRASP it ALL!
RESPECT! !

D

donkeydon

Because I am really busy and I don't have time. So much so I bought a deep freezer 6 months ago in the hopes of buying half a cow to store, and it is still in the box.
always keep half a cow and a ton of chickens.mans gotta ear.lol

Bannacis

Bannacis

Ok guys I'm big apology here...
Sublimation is the transformation from a solid to a gas without going through the liquid phase. that's dry ice...at -104.2 degrees it sublime readily. dry ice is colder than that, by putting it in freezer it sublimes slower...meaning last longer.

Sublimation curing is that you place your bud in Tupperware with dry ice. close lid.(with vent holes) and put in freezer. the gas that is released is CO2 which surrounds the bud...no oxygen... and that's where I was on sublimation curing, not realizing that freeze drying curing has sublimation coined in with it. my bad.

just putting in freezer is freeze dried/cured not sublimation....The CO2 way
and that is the difference here, what you guys are doing. the freeze drying..it works.and its kinda sublimation, only because its...
vaporization... and...freezing temps.
but the TRUE sublimation method with CO2 surrounding the bud is not as good a cure.
and not even the same as urs... the freezer dry/cure

So since you are not doing that... I am just gonna Fut the shuck up... and read on...ehem... keep up the good work...nurse where's my medicine....:oldman:

Last edited:
Tnelz

Tnelz

I have a No Frost freezer. . ONLY thing That makes ice is my ice trays meat wrapped in plastic etc.
Different hats for different head's bro.
I just gotta chance to talk to my old buddy i grew up with in Oakland, hes been a commercial grower since late 90s. Asked him for some genetics , he'd rather share knowledge before genetics lol smh (i actually stopped a lot of ass whooping coming his way in middle school and parts of high school smh).
He actually laughed when i said, hey sublimation cure?? He said yeah for his personal connoisseur smoking. But said he'd rather use his special made cabinet, that's like a huge mason jar!(lucky fuck lol).

He said in his line of business cure doesn't really matter (go figure ) as long as it's not wet weight. He continued on about his need for more trustworthy trimmers at his place of business. After feeling like i wasn't fucking up my own buds from his sarcastic feedback , i asked what's the new flavor up top and when he's sending his boy some. He mysteriously had a urge to rush and couldn't answer THOSE questions Smfh .

So i feel it's all preferred taste in your process of growing. Just my 2pennies Hammer!
Respect !
Hey hammer. Use something like cardboard or even a paper plate. Single layer of bud per container. If u were going to try and r a tad nervous start with some popcorns or one single nug. Old is a state of mind. Lol.

Max Frost

Max Frost

GREAT INFO Gamerstwin and Tnelz (and others)! Thanks!! I'm actually trying a side-by-side on this run. I placed half my harvest of the blue haze x romulan I just took down in jars...and the other half in the freezer. I've been happy with my traditional method of hang/jar/burp, but am anxious to see how this does. I don NOT have room in my freezer to lay them out flat in a single layer tho. I've just got a couple of tupperware containers that I put the buds in and set them in the freezer with no lid. I plan to leave them for 20 days, then out of freezer for and hour a day for a week, then to the jars as normal. I'm anxious to see the difference for myself. Thank for the great info guys! Best, -Max

Tnelz

Tnelz

GREAT INFO Gamerstwin and Tnelz (and others)! Thanks!! I'm actually trying a side-by-side on this run. I placed half my harvest of the blue haze x romulan I just took down in jars...and the other half in the freezer. I've been happy with my traditional method of hang/jar/burp, but am anxious to see how this does. I don NOT have room in my freezer to lay them out flat in a single layer tho. I've just got a couple of tupperware containers that I put the buds in and set them in the freezer with no lid. I plan to leave them for 20 days, then out of freezer for and hour a day for a week, then to the jars as normal. I'm anxious to see the difference for myself. Thank for the great info guys! Best, -Max
You will be fine Maxy! I hope it comes out great! That's exactly the way I'm doing it. Watch how ur smell comes once u jar at the end. My Chronic thunder fills a room in seconds! Good luck bro! Tmb!

Tnelz

Tnelz

so the freezer doesnt negatively effect the taste? no freezer burn taste/smell, nothing like that?
So my last run I went half and half. Traditional/freezer. After all was said and done every single aspect from smell to taste to burn the freezer kicked ass hands down. The moisture in the buds actually evaporates before it can freeze as I understand it. No freezer burn. Lol. I believe a frost free freezer is a must though. The process is sublimation but without dry ice. My advice because I realize this sounds nuts is start with a little. Any questions I'd be happy to help. @garmstwin36 is who put me on so I'm sure he'd be happy to help u as well.

Max Frost

Max Frost

You will be fine Maxy! I hope it comes out great! That's exactly the way I'm doing it. Watch how ur smell comes once u jar at the end. My Chronic thunder fills a room in seconds! Good luck bro! Tmb!

Sweet! Can't wait!! So how long does it have to be back in the jars before you'd say the aroma is FULLY back?

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Sweet! Can't wait!! So how long does it have to be back in the jars before you'd say the aroma is FULLY back?

Hell Frost, about 8mins tops . Buds bumping asap when it's out in the air , switching to jars really . Your gonna notice aroma asap brother . I still believe the After jar extension will upgrade everything with this bro. Im gonna go 2 month sub, then 1 1/2 in jar ,maybe longer. Cant wait to see what you get brother!

Top Bottom