curing nug the right way?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Sweet! Can't wait!! So how long does it have to be back in the jars before you'd say the aroma is FULLY back?
Max I found that during the one hour thaws the smell was already dank. So once thawed ur smell should be nice before it even hits the jar. Lol. But at least imo jarring intensifies smell every second it's in there it's going to just get danker! Is danker a word? Lol

Max Frost

Max Frost

Max I found that during the one hour thaws the smell was already dank. So once thawed ur smell should be nice before it even hits the jar. Lol. But at least imo jarring intensifies smell every second it's in there it's going to just get danker! Is danker a word? Lol

Think so...UNLESS you're talking about a nug being more dank than another. Then I think the correct terminology would be danker-er! :confused:

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Better Trademark Danker! Lmfao

Tnelz

Tnelz

It doesn't seem to ever actually loose smell. Drying as u know sometimes looses some scent till cure. With the sub ur not drying for a long time. I usually trim dry. With my first sub I dried for 3 days maybe 3.5 then trimmed and chopped then freezer. With the auto I threw in a few days ago I trimmed wet dried for 48 hours then freezer. Next harvest which will be significantly more I will do the same. 48 hours then in. Unless there is very noticeable moisture on outside of buds. If the outer bud is dry to the touch it's Goin in.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Dank...Danker...Danked...and Dunked... Coming soon to Cannabis law firm near you.
Man dis shit is dank...,dat shit is danker...I'm growing the danked....searching for the dunked.

I do like this tread...will be doing this without dry ice in future.

FiveAM

FiveAM

So I tried this with about a zip and a half of my blue angels #3...and I think the results are in. At least for myself :)

I put some in tupperwear, poked some holes in the lid and threw it in there right behind the Hot Pockets™. 3 days later, 1 hour burps each day, and my ba3 has quite the aroma back to her, just like when she was growing.

While I did smell some menthol to the bud when I burped her, it quickly went away. And, don't smell any now that she's back in her jar danking it up. :cool:

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

So I tried this with about a zip and a half of my blue angels #3...and I think the results are in. At least for myself :)

I put some in tupperwear, poked some holes in the lid and threw it in there right behind the Hot Pockets™. 3 days later, 1 hour burps each day, and my ba3 has quite the aroma back to her, just like when she was growing.

While I did smell some menthol to the bud when I burped her, it quickly went away. And, don't smell any now that she's back in her jar danking it up. :cool:

Good Shit! I'd replace Tupperware with something more breathable. But sounds like your on Your way. It's ALL about your personal technique while using SUBLIMATION. Righteous! !

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey five something as simple as a paper plate will serve u better than the Tupperware. Good luck and I'm glad it is working for u!

Max Frost

Max Frost

Ima grab some of those picnic paper plates, they super breathable bro . GREAT idea! TMB

I wonder how a coffee filter or just some paper towels would do? That's very breathable!

Well...the jury is in on mine too now! I did last of my harvest half in the freezer & half in jars as usual. The freezer buds were placed in (in tupperware containers with no tops) for 20 days. The out an hour a day for 5 days then into the jars. There is simply NO comparison, IMO!!! The freezer cured buds are more flavorful (by a lot), smoother, still JUST as frosty (& it's a VERY frosty strain) and I'd swear more potent too! I used ROC's bluhazeblu x romulan. It's an old-school DJ Short Blueberry, crossed to pure haze, backcrossed to the blueberry, then crossed to the old Federation Romulan. It's a very lavorful strain, but the flavor has always been a bit hard to nail down.

Well...there's no problem nailing it now!!! It tastes just like blueberry muffins after the freezer/sublimation cure! It has MUCH more flavor and is better in every way than the regular dry/jar/burp cured buds! I'm completely sold and will ALWAYS be using this from now on for my headstash nugz! Thanks so much for turning us on to this awesome method bros! IMO...it flat out works!!! Best, -Max

BTW...just to emphasize how much I like this method, I have removed most of the food from my freezer! lol. I'll just have to do delivery instead of DiGiorno's from now on! TOTALLY worth it!!!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I wonder how a coffee filter or just some paper towels would do? That's very breathable!

Well...the jury is in on mine too now! I did last of my harvest half in the freezer & half in jars as usual. The freezer buds were placed in (in tupperware containers with no tops) for 20 days. The out an hour a day for 5 days then into the jars. There is simply NO comparison, IMO!!! The freezer cured buds are more flavorful (by a lot), smoother, still JUST as frosty (& it's a VERY frosty strain) and I'd swear more potent too! I used ROC's bluhazeblu x romulan. It's an old-school DJ Short Blueberry, crossed to pure haze, backcrossed to the blueberry, then crossed to the old Federation Romulan. It's a very lavorful strain, but the flavor has always been a bit hard to nail down.

Well...there's no problem nailing it now!!! It tastes just like blueberry muffins after the freezer/sublimation cure! It has MUCH more flavor and is better in every way than the regular dry/jar/burp cured buds! I'm completely sold and will ALWAYS be using this from now on for my headstash nugz! Thanks so much for turning us on to this awesome method bros! IMO...it flat out works!!! Best, -Max

BTW...just to emphasize how much I like this method, I have removed most of the food from my freezer! lol. I'll just have to do delivery instead of DiGiorno's from now on! TOTALLY worth it!!!

Lmfao glad to hear your loving it brother. blueberry muffins yummy, sounds like the taste profile just jumped in that strain . Starting to believe that sublimation traps the taste profile in, and in some case's Increases it. Hmm coffee filters May be the way thanks for your view on that brother. How long did you hang before trim and freeze? Nothing wrong with pizza lol .
Respect

Max Frost

Max Frost

Lmfao glad to hear your loving it brother. blueberry muffins yummy, sounds like the taste profile just jumped in that strain . Starting to believe that sublimation traps the taste profile in, and in some case's Increases it. Hmm coffee filters May be the way thanks for your view on that brother. How long did you hang before trim and freeze? Nothing wrong with pizza lol .
Respect

Not long. I dried for about 3 days this time. (I go by the feel or crispiness of the nugs/leaves). My room stays pretty dry. I have only the one bedroom to do everything in...veg, flower, clone, dry...all except curing now! ;) I use a 2'x2' tent with a drying rack and a 4" exhaust fan and phresh filter. Works great and no issues. I started out hanging them in the tent at first, but decided to try the net, and have been VERY pleased with the results! I was afraid they would dry too quickly, but there's surprisingly not much difference in drying speed between the rack and hanging them. This makes it awful easy too!

Dry2

Dry1

Since I have to do everything in a single room (for now), I can't do ANYTHING the way I always have or would like to! I've had to practically re-learn everything going to a small one-room set-up. Small perpetual grows are no easier to manage than a well planned out larger room with the right equipment, IME. Now...if I only had room for a freezer in there! Hmmm.... haha! Best, -Max

P.S. Thanks again for turning us on to this great curing method!

Top Bottom