Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippie

Hippie

In regards to music, there being so many genre`s, it`s got to be, to each his own. I do not like or dislike you based solely on your choice of music. What I will bitch about is the volume, turn it down.
If it's too loud, you're too old (unless it's not rock & roll).
Morning, Yoop. Still shit weather up there? The Big Glowing Ball is back here. Warmed up and looking sweet.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Hey i give anyone brownie points for at least giving it a listen / try :D

I didn't really expect anyone to really like it, After i posted it i looked into who they/he are, There a uk based hip hop group with a really different style, I liked the beat/s so i kept some of there music.

but like i said that was a very small sample, if you want the fuller picture just hit up the hip hop thread and pick any number of songs that i've posted. Tho no more brownie points ;)

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Only when I'm high and a cop's on my bumper......
And that`s enough to make ya squeeze your butt cheeks together, really tight. About a month ago I left my house to visit my wife at the nursing home, a 33 mile trip, one way. Got on the state highway, went a couple of miles and noticed a car coming up behind me. Now my usual way was to fire up my vape when I hit the road. That day I finished it before I left. My stash box was locked up in the console to be legal. Anyway the car behind me was a state cop. I was on cruise and thought he would follow me for a mile or two and pass me, but no, he stayed on my ass for at least 20 miles. Know when he ran my plate as he got real close for a minute. Asshole put the fear of god into me for awhile to be sure. Getting over it now, so back to my bad habits. Closest I`ve come to getting busted in over 45 years.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
And that`s enough to make ya squeeze your butt cheeks together, really tight. About a month ago I left my house to visit my wife at the nursing home, a 33 mile trip, one way. Got on the state highway, went a couple of miles and noticed a car coming up behind me. Now my usual way was to fire up my vape when I hit the road. That day I finished it before I left. My stash box was locked up in the console to be legal. Anyway the car behind me was a state cop. I was on cruise and thought he would follow me for a mile or two and pass me, but no, he stayed on my ass for at least 20 miles. Know when he ran my plate as he got real close for a minute. Asshole put the fear of god into me for awhile to be sure. Getting over it now, so back to my bad habits. Closest I`ve come to getting busted in over 45 years.

On my way to river on highway once just got done puffing about 5min or so.
Cruising in 05 De ville in a passing lane I started to pass a car on left. I noticed 2 things the state trooper coming other direction and the speed limit sign reduced speed to 45.So I hold off and do not pass cuz of the cop and the speed reduction. Sure enough he turns around follows pulls me over.
I explained I did not think it would be safe to pass as I would be over posted limit so I backed off, Was that a mistake officer?
He said I pulled you over to make sure you were awake...OK I said, he ran the shit came back said have a nice day. I pressed him saying I want to a safe driver let once again review.. He said yes you were right..Well ok then thanks for keeping us safe..We fist bumped and off I went..Kind of just knew everything would be fine..

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Wow been busy busy.
Retire you say. The plan is to officially stop working on 10/1/2018. I will be 58 take a 12% cut on my pension for being under 60. Start social security at 62. If the pension and social security don't make more changes for the worse. 58 used to be normal retirement age and 56 was early. Err.
We would like to do some traveling after we retire. I think stateside will be enough for me. Thinking travel trailer but we both have very different ideas on size. She wants a small conversion van / motorhome. I'm thinking about a 28' fifth wheel.
Would like to spend winters in warmer states like AZ, TX, CA, etcetera. But who knows might just end up renting condos or something.

Now about trimming, yep it has turned into a one man show around here. I seem to do all the farming by myself around here any more. I really don't mind except the trimming. so after the last harvest I bought a trimpal. will use it for the first time in about two weeks.
I'm like Put nobody seems to do shit the way I like. And the end results show it. Still the best hobby I have picked up to date. I really do enjoy the hell out of it.
Sound slike a great plan, wishin all the best!

REAL interested in your thoughts on the trimpro...going to have to do something. Hand/scissor trimming is not possible solo, no mo'. have to do something different. I don't even really care if it's trimmed or not, but everyone else does!

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Me, too! I do like a lot of the alternative music, though. Even some of the head banging grudge rock is nice to listen to on occasion.
Never spent a nickel on music by Grateful Dead, Fleetwood Mac, Uriah Heap, Styx, etc. Lots 'o folks did. Wasn't my cup of tea.
It would be a boring world if everyone liked the same thing.
A life long friend of mine burned a CD for me, telling me it was great "traveling music". It was fucking Yanni! YUCK!!!
LOLOLO, I can DIG that!! I'm 100%RAWKn.R()LLss and 100%FUNk ! 100% pre92 rap! :D If I don't like it IT SUCKS! :smoking:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sound slike a great plan, wishin all the best!

REAL interested in your thoughts on the trimpro...going to have to do something. Hand/scissor trimming is not possible solo, no mo'. have to do something different. I don't even really care if it's trimmed or not, but everyone else does!

Got the trim pro rotor with catcher basket with shipping around $2,000.00 when I bought 4 years or so ago, good machine well engineered...
if you keep it clean keep blade sharp, keep leather clean It will do a decent job for larger harvests.
It will take off enough without damaging buds too much.
One issue is nug size they are rolled around so nugs are best large marble size to just under golf ball size. Will also trim up all the popcorn for either smoking or further processing...
Trim wet after removing large fans and nuggin it up. still quite a bit of work but IMO it reduces labor by 80%.
Another key is drying. We place in the hanging baskets at 50 deg, 50% Hum. and when the little claw leaves it did not remove most can be removed by rolling around in basket or one can scissor trim a tad more..
Either way it's a chore, again thanks to our fellow farmers who came and helped awesome friendships made.....and the door is always open trim season or not....

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Got the trim pro rotor with catcher basket with shipping around $2,000.00 when I bought 4 years or so ago, good machine well engineered...
if you keep it clean keep blade sharp, keep leather clean It will do a decent job for larger harvests.
It will take off enough without damaging buds too much.
One issue is nug size they are rolled around so nugs are best large marble size to just under golf ball size. Will also trim up all the popcorn for either smoking or further processing...
Trim wet after removing large fans and nuggin it up. still quite a bit of work but IMO it reduces labor by 80%.
Another key is drying. We place in the hanging baskets at 50 deg, 50% Hum. and when the little claw leaves it did not remove most can be removed by rolling around in basket or one can scissor trim a tad more..
Either way it's a chore, again thanks to our fellow farmers who came and helped awesome friendships made.....and the door is always open trim season or not....
thanks 4 the info! much appreciated :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom