Status
Not open for further replies.
stonestacker

stonestacker

OK, here ya go:

Just set right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip, that started out at
Old Mott Lake, upon my tiny ship.

My buddy, Mark, had been bugging the shit outta me to go out and break in his recently rebuilt Johnson motor he's got for a 12' aluminum boat.
I saddle up the Whisper 11 and he and I draged our boats to the lake.

Got him in the water and launched mine. The weather report said it was a 6 mile an hour wind, but my beard was standing straight out sideways, so looking back, it was probably 15 mile and hour winds or better.

Went out on a port side broad reach, made it 200' or so, when a gust rolled the little bitch hard over to the starboard side. She filled up with water QUICK and headed for the bottom.

Lucky (?) for me, her stern hit bottom and left a foot of the nose up in the air. I think it was the two live jackets jammed in the bow that held her up.

Here I am, hanging off the nose of the floundered boat for half an hour, waving like an idiot at Mark. He's trying to figure out to row a boat in a straight line, but he's going around in circles like a chicken with a broken wing.

Finally, a couple of guys that were dock fishing got his attention and he came out after me. After he almost cut me into chum with his prop, we got a line on the bow and eventually towed it up close enough to shore that I could run my longest line to it and hook it on the bumper of the bus.

Pulled it up to shore, rolled her back on her belly, and used a three gallon bucket to get enough water out to get her on the trailer.

I learned. Noobies don't sail under full sail in that kind of wind. Noobies don't sail when the wind is over 6 miles an hour, period. It only cost me my dignity, a forty dollar Kershaw knife, and a seven hundred dollar cell phone to learn it, too.

Bought me a "wet butt" boat that is self recovering to learn on next spring. Not too sure what to name the Whisper. It'll either be "Flounder", or "Leakin' Lina"..........
Thanks for the laugh Hippie. Glad you are ok. I've been waiting for that story for awhile now. I've only been sailing once on a small boat. Not my cup of tea.
Can't join in on the wake and bake yearly drug test coming up. Might be my last. I only need to work 300 hr to meet my pension requirements. But still can't draw until 10/2018. So that will be my new line at work. Don't piss me off or I will just retire lol. Lots off work and not enough good brickies.Ball is in my court just the way I like it haha.

Have a good one off to clean and reload.:smoking::ninja:

Kraven

Kraven

Mornin all, was on the way out the door towards a "safety" meeting with the ol' hippy....my mentor, when he called an in a tired and worried voice. He cancelled the meeting, his dog got really sick and he was just back from the pet ER, him and that old dog have been thick as thieves for as long as I have known him....hope both are ok.

Hippie

Hippie

All is fine and good here. Been blowin` like hell yesterday, last night and today. There goes all of the fall colors. Will make seeing in da woods better. I`ll burn a bowl to that. Puffin` and passin`.
Just starting to show decent color around here. Took Mom back-roading it up towards Bay City just to get her out of her house and give her a change of scenery. Man, I can't believe all the wind generators they've got up there. We're talking hundreds. Wish I had a penny for every dollar they've invested in 'em.
Saw some pretty country, and it sure made Momma happy. Good day.

stonestacker

stonestacker

We might have 1/4 color hear. Maples and Hickories are turning nothing out of the Oaks yet. Looks a little breezy out. Haven't barely been out of the basement let alone outside the last two days lol.
Reloaded but still have a lot of shit to clean including the veg room. I like my rooms clean but hate cleaning. Veg has been neglected for awhile now. I think I will pull everything out and give her a real good scrubbing.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Good evening you old farts.
It don't get much better than this. Sitting with the bride watching Big Jake. And the little woman is teasing me by sitting next to me grinding up some GG#4. That shit sure smells GOOD. Next thing you know she will ask me to role her a joint.
One of my favorite scenes. Since you haven't learned to respect your elders it's time to learn to respect your betters. Daddy.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Just starting to show decent color around here. Took Mom back-roading it up towards Bay City just to get her out of her house and give her a change of scenery. Man, I can't believe all the wind generators they've got up there. We're talking hundreds. Wish I had a penny for every dollar they've invested in 'em.
Saw some pretty country, and it sure made Momma happy. Good day.

The wind generators they put up here, in the Garden peninsula, the land owners make out pretty good. They, the land owners, receive $1,000 per month per wind generator.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
We might have 1/4 color hear. Maples and Hickories are turning nothing out of the Oaks yet. Looks a little breezy out. Haven't barely been out of the basement let alone outside the last two days lol.
Reloaded but still have a lot of shit to clean including the veg room. I like my rooms clean but hate cleaning. Veg has been neglected for awhile now. I think I will pull everything out and give her a real good scrubbing.
Ounce of prevention, worth a pound of cure bro I'm with you I hate the cleaning end and actually dont care much for trimming either. :( Whats a man to do. :) But I have found the cleaner the grow the better things are with less problems and pests. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom