Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
giggy

giggy

Good evening OFC. Well, survived another Cup. Ain`t as young as I used to be, but damn, we stayed stoned and gave of ourselves to honor the OFC. Now the planning for next summer begins.
glad yall made it home safe and enjoyed yourself's. yoop i need to call you later today, the ol lady and i were really blown away last night.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
glad yall made it home safe and enjoyed yourself's. yoop i need to call you later today, the ol lady and i were really blown away last night.

Congrats on 31 years. Wife and I been married twice. First time lasted 7 years, divorced, 21 years later, remarried. Sept. 10 will be 15 years. If we had stayed together it would be 43 years next month. Damn, that woman`s getting` old.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Married since 18 and going on 27 years. Was living with her right out of high school in a 37k row home :eek: the good old city life . can't say I was always the best husband but I did all right and I wouldn't trade her in :p

Morning wake and bake . me I'm on the second half of breakfast .

@fishwhistle hook me up with a sponsership to the cabana I'll behave promise or anyone please:D

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

few days back was pulling into unload at the river take out from 2 day river float. The guide pulled in with 2 older, 70s in age fellas who had floated the black canyon, 3 day trip, guided.
I went to give my friend the guide a handful of nuggets, and to my surprise he said hook these guys up, they were asking.
I loaded up a bowl, went over, offered, their eyes lit up and with big smiles we toked away.
After awhile they said WOW were ok.
From Atlanta, they were headed to the rec. store.
I handed them that handful of nuggets and the look on their face..
Priceless.. I have done this to tourists in the past real fun.
Mushroomed out a group once, they will never forget the chicken man.....
I was a volunteer at a smoke shop but not dispensary. so alot were from abroad crossed border and had nothing.... well if I felt comfortable talking. Cus they always wanted to buy . I don't sell but I'll give it to ya! Met alot of great people and made em smile . They had cards fromtheir states . I know what it's like too be kept from somthing and it sucks

boo

boo

morning folks, got more coffee than I can drink, it's on the house today...

my first was outta college and made it 2 years, second was almost 18, linda, my last wife was 11 years with me, she just passed 2 years ago...I don't see another...I got dutch

putembk

putembk

Morning OFC.....I got married in July 1974, 41 years ago. I have lived my whole adult life with this woman. A roller coaster for sure but mostly all good. Stayed loyal to both her and my jobs. The last job I had lasted 25 years. I retired 6 years ago now. I totally believe the reason I was able to retire before turning 60 was because I didn't move around. Now I'm just an old grey headed fart that grows things for a hobby. By things I mean veggies and pot.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Coffee and a
Morning OFC.....I got married in July 1974, 41 years ago. I have lived my whole adult life with this woman. A roller coaster for sure but mostly all good. Stayed loyal to both her and my jobs. The last job I had lasted 25 years. I retired 6 years ago now. I totally believe the reason I was able to retire before turning 60 was because I didn't move around. Now I'm just an old grey headed fart that grows things for a hobby. By things I mean veggies and pot.
Wish I would've stayed put as a youngin full of piss an vinager☺ . When you got married I wasn't even a thought yet.! Right on ,told the warden she was it . Never thought of marriage. Before her of course.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Afternoon Ocf'ers Burn'in and turn'in.. Never been married ,Not for me..But i am a Loyal man ... And Congrats to all
you who've made your Marriges work for Years if not Decades.. as we all Know Marriage
is the Biggest Cause of Divorce.. :-) Hope all are well today .. Stay high & Grow strong

putembk

putembk

Whew......just finished a long day in the garden. Up potting, feeding, making soil and general maintenance makes for a long day. Time to relax, have a glass of wine and some of my private stash. Haven't decided which one yet but I will get around to it. Hmmm, Lucinda, White Fire, Dairy Queen, Headband, Chemdog #4 or 91. Maybe I will just load a bowl with a mix. Ain't life a bitch!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Whew......just finished a long day in the garden. Up potting, feeding, making soil and general maintenance makes for a long day. Time to relax, have a glass of wine and some of my private stash. Haven't decided which one yet but I will get around to it. Hmmm, Lucinda, White Fire, Dairy Queen, Headband, Chemdog #4 or 91. Maybe I will just load a bowl with a mix. Ain't life a bitch!!!!
LOL Hell ya. Sometimes my little jar gets to be a mix of 5 or 6 different strains. :D Thats when it gets interesting....... Good to see you @putembk Been a few. I trust your well.!! Me and my gal just celebrated 29 years last week. Hasnt been easy but we are both in it for the long haul. Wish the young un's would think more like that. Seems relationships now a dayz seem to be as disposable as a bic lighter.

Kraven

Kraven

Evening all, just setting down to bowl of critical kush, it has become a favorite it seems....yoop wtf is going on with my GTH #9 it all looks good except for the top 5 inches, leaf curl does not do it justice, I'll post in my grow thread.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Evening guys nice day new smoke dried sittin with the warden and the pups . Lil gardening today got one too come down. Jus don't got energy ☺ know how Flys feel on the sticky paper now☺ lol. Gotta get some seeds so doin some research on my list. Have a good night , peace and good vibes ☺

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Went over to my recently deceased friend/neighbors farm to find a t post hammer.
John died at 82 just a month or so after retiring. Cancer took him in 91 days.
Was rummaging around in his tool shed and barns and I swear I could feel his presence.
I am amazed at how much stuff he collected in the 60 years he was on that farm.
Everything you could imagine and then some. Trucks, implements, tractors parts, old sheds, tools, belts, hoses, feed grinders, engines.
Whats really amazing he handled every piece.
Told his wife regarding a trailer full of scrap.
John would have said if told lets get rid of it,,, Not just yet he would have said...She totally knew thats exactly what he would have said and it warmed her heart.
He sure looked like a OF old fart as he called himself, but I never ever met a more happy go lucky, hard working man despite being wore out near the end, never once complained even when sick.
He laughed and laughed slapping his knees, ...endless stories every visit.
His last words to me..
Be good to one another...
Time now to go nail his irrigation boots to the fence post out back, overlooking the pasture he rode chasing, cows, irrigating and tending to for many, many years...
He would want me to...
I feel pretty good these days John, for an old fart...

Last edited:
420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Sounded like one hell of a friend! ☺ And you sound one of a few that a hell of a friend would really appreciate having. I bet he's watching over them fields. Have a goodnight @chickenman . Peace and good vibes ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom