Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mendel

I know one thing, I ain1`t walking no where in no fucking mud. Hate to admit it, but I be too old for that shit.

This is the first time in years ive stuck one, got washed off the road,/road went out from under me. Itd have to be dark too, fer my hike.

Like I said the rig is fine, and shell suck up on the road ok, funny deal, but it looks like ill get some sympathy bidness, and maybe some new shoes.

We wont discuss the hike..........

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

just checked the radar goldn, your more fucked than me looks like.
The ground was already saturated clay, but it's been pouring for a while. Don't know how much, but the pan under the leak in the bathroom has over an inch.
Job security, right? Water gaps blow out, in these old barbed wire fences. Cows get mixed, and I should get calls to come gather them up, and sort them out, but there won't be many. I'm a lost breed, I guess. Used to be, a man with good horses, the ability to pair up cows & their calves and a good eye for reading brands, could always stay busy. But, I've been replaced by four wheelers, muck boots, numbered ear tags, and portable corrals.
On the up side, I've been hired to brand calves down in the canyons. It's only five days, plus food, beer & fuel, but it's the real deal. Real buckaroo sh*t.
Fun stuff, mostly traditional vaquero. Cattle are gathered, usually at a dead run, up and down the steepest sh*t around, and held up in a narrow part of the canyon. Everything we need is packed in, except the fire. Basically just vaccines & irons. Branding Irons are short, carbine models, compared to these flat landers. Might just be a running iron, depending on who you're riding for.
One man works the ground, flanking, branding, castrating and giving shots. He has to be on his toes, too. Wild cattle are more protective of their calves. Two guys rope, head & heel. Long ropes built into flying artwork. Calves have to be caught quietly. No rodeo bs. Whoever's left holds the herd. If the guys roping get wild, holding the herd can be hell.
It's hard to get our youth to do things, in the old ways, if we never show them how. So, I'm taking the two youngest boys, 17 & 18. Curt will bring both of his, 18 & 20, plus Paul's niece, 20. It's nobody's first ride, by any means. They have all been there before. Just not something you see everyday.

Wow, I'm rambling again.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good morning OFC, how goes it today ? Hope the sun shines on your behind as it passes overhead. Meanwhile we have a "wake n bake" to take care of. So, get a cup of coffee and bowl of medicinal herb and let`s do it. Puffin' and passin'.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
*waves* Daily check in...

Still alive..

Still video gaming :P

corns still alive! coming back slowly.. But its goin from yellow to green so thats kinda cool :D lol

Anyway Im reporting all of you guys for various shit that i'll make up and fabricate evidence for as teh day goes along.

Enjoy the ban hammer ya fucking douche bags :P

G gnome

G gnome

The ground was already saturated clay, but it's been pouring for a while. Don't know how much, but the pan under the leak in the bathroom has over an inch.
Job security, right? Water gaps blow out, in these old barbed wire fences. Cows get mixed, and I should get calls to come gather them up, and sort them out, but there won't be many. I'm a lost breed, I guess. Used to be, a man with good horses, the ability to pair up cows & their calves and a good eye for reading brands, could always stay busy. But, I've been replaced by four wheelers, muck boots, numbered ear tags, and portable corrals.
On the up side, I've been hired to brand calves down in the canyons. It's only five days, plus food, beer & fuel, but it's the real deal. Real buckaroo sh*t.
Fun stuff, mostly traditional vaquero. Cattle are gathered, usually at a dead run, up and down the steepest sh*t around, and held up in a narrow part of the canyon. Everything we need is packed in, except the fire. Basically just vaccines & irons. Branding Irons are short, carbine models, compared to these flat landers. Might just be a running iron, depending on who you're riding for.
One man works the ground, flanking, branding, castrating and giving shots. He has to be on his toes, too. Wild cattle are more protective of their calves. Two guys rope, head & heel. Long ropes built into flying artwork. Calves have to be caught quietly. No rodeo bs. Whoever's left holds the herd. If the guys roping get wild, holding the herd can be hell.
It's hard to get our youth to do things, in the old ways, if we never show them how. So, I'm taking the two youngest boys, 17 & 18. Curt will bring both of his, 18 & 20, plus Paul's niece, 20. It's nobody's first ride, by any means. They have all been there before. Just not something you see everyday.

Wow, I'm rambling again.

Dude, ur a total badass!!!!

giggy

giggy

we are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow with strong storms to clear out tomorrow night. i hope it does as there is a car show in down town saturday that i would like to go to. i ever get my release i think i'll drag my old truck out and see what i got to do to fire it back up. she hasn't moved in two or three years. she has a buick 350 in her but she started sucking a valve so i had to park her, i do know i got to rewire her because a so called friend took the light switch and cut the wiring out. lets just say he don't come around anymore. trying to decide 454 th400 or hopped up 350 4 speed.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

It just now, stopped sprinkling. Rain gauge had 2" in it, but i suspect it has a small crack. My horse pens look like a big pond.
But some of my veggies are sprouting. Corn, melons, cucumbers and pumpkins, so far.
I have one plant in a 30 gallon tub. It's a tough one, survived a blizzard and two hail storms... She's all puffed up and stiff this morning, loving life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom