Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
umbra

umbra

Seems things in Cali are changing very quickly. Everyone is staking their turf for recreational cannabis, even though the vote isn't until Nov. NorCalHal is blowing up. Besides the 6 warehouses, the clone company, the seed company, he signed the partnership papers for the Big AG. They started on a 22,000 ft greenhouse and another indoor warehouse. The buildout....$7.8 mil. They will be up and running the day after the election, lol. Of course, rescheduling to II is a done deal from what I am being told. The CEO of Monsanto was nominated to the head of the FDA. He is 1 of NCH partners in the Big AG deal.
Those last beans I did, the cherry limeade that NCH gave me to grow out came from Bernier/Cookies Family and Mean Gene entered 3 cuts of it in the Emerald Cup and won. Going to pick up 75 clones of gg#4 from NCH today. Later

Yard dog

Yard dog

So if it's schedule II nation wide, how will that affect me down in Georgia? Basically, I need to know if it's something to get excited about or not. If it's prescribed, can your job test you for it anyway??

umbra

umbra

Those are questions I don't think anyone has answers for yet. Many states objection to mmj or recreational mj is that it is illegal at the federal level. This would allow states to decide for themselves what to do with cannabis.

umbra

umbra

What I find interesting is that Calaveras County started licensing growers. The cut off date was June 30th. More than 800 growers registered and paid their fee. The way the mmj is setup now...if you grow less than 99 plants its personal use, more than 100 plants and it is a 501C non profit. There are 2 501C, retail and wholesale. All of the new licenses are for profit business model and not 501C non profits. But the law hasn't been voted on yet, and it's already a done deal. NCH is on a panel making recommendations at the local, county, and state level about how to regulate and tax growers. The Big AG is expecting to make 100 million the 1 st year.

umbra

umbra

I don't know if I am privy to it, just friends with NCH. What I tell you, is what he tells me, and so far he has been 100% correct on everything he has told me. In the 10 years or so that I have known NCH, he has always worn a T shirt. He went out and bought a custom Italian suit to deal with all the lawyers and politicians he deals with every day. He told me he was offered a chair on the Board of Directors for CA NORMAL and turned it down. You can believe what you want. There are some things that are better off left unsaid. NCH is well known in this part of CA.

umbra

umbra

Over at MP I told folks about Hempcon. I went with NCH and some of his partners. There was $100 oz everywhere. All last seasons outdoor. In amongst all the vendors were these guys from SoCal selling The Lemon Tree. It was selling for $50 1/8th...no breaks. I saw a guy buy 6 oz and paid $2400 in front of me. NCH offered the guy $5K for a cut the guy laughed. NCH got the cut a week later...$35K. If you think that's bullshit- then you have no idea how the whole cannabis market in Cali is shaping up. It's about branding and having a unique strain no one else has.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Truer words were never spoken, Brother!

Old Hen and I spent five hours cleaning out the garage yesterday. Took 99.44% of the piss & vinegar out of my old ass for sure! Glad I didn't wait 'til today with the hundred degree heat index. Hippie might not leave the comforts of central air today.
I just want to know how you got her to help?

So if it's schedule II nation wide, how will that affect me down in Georgia? Basically, I need to know if it's something to get excited about or not. If it's prescribed, can your job test you for it anyway??
Yes.
We have medical but work (must safty) will not honor it and you will be let go after 3 strikes. First 3 day suspension then I think 2 weeks and rehab. Yearly and random piss tests. And if you get hurt you will be tested.

umbra

umbra

Perhaps this will help some...they were going to align themselves with sick children would needed mmj as medicine, but after a focus group was done, the general feeling was that medicating children is still too controversal, so they are aligning themselves with veterans groups. They are planning staged tpeaceful walks to draw attention to their issues, but it is all being funded by a political action committee. Of which NCH donated $84K. These peaceful marches will be in Sacramento.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
It`s all way over my head anyway. I just grow a little garden for my wife and I, and we live in Michigan. Have not much of an idea about California and what is happening there.

umbra

umbra

Sorry if I overwhelmed you. It wasn't meant to. But things are changing fast here. NCH is a big deal, I am not. Do not want to imply that I am, because...again I am not. NCH family is Dutch. He applied with a Dutch University, told them what he does and he is getting an intern from Holland. He is a mechanical engineering student in his 3rd year. You don't have to believe any of it, I'm good.

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

what ever happens in Cali happens here 5 years later. But in the deep south your still going to the chain gang.
The stretch is starting outdoors here. everything growing up and out at monster rate. everything 6 feet and climbing .filling in and out. I love this time of year.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
$35K. If you think that's bullshit- then you have no idea how the whole cannabis market in Cali is shaping up. It's about branding and having a unique strain no one else has.

Wow 35 grand for a clone??
no doubt or disrespect but I sure could find better use of my cash than spending that on a clone hope it pays off...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Our generations late 60s and thru the 70s music cannot come close to anything going on these days..
Greg Allman a survivor along with Jackson Brown, this is sweet as it gets....

umbra

umbra

Wow 35 grand for a clone??
no doubt or disrespect but I sure could find better use of my cash than spending that on a clone hope it pays off...
NCH has told me that I can cuts of anything he has. I asked for cuts of the Lemon Tree, he laughed and said NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom