Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
G gnome

G gnome

@LocalGrowGuy , fishing in a local pond for wipers, catfish, and bluegill...........ima go to John martin in the next few weeks, new state record striper was caught last week below the dam where I fish for flatheads and blues, 29 lb 6 oz.

Isnt schnitzel the german word for chicken fried steak? Whats the difference? Is there one? Looks tasty no matter what you call it, are them beets, love them things too..........
Red cabbage kraut

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Well, we were almost rained out, this morning. A steady drizzle had come up out of the canyon, a little before sunrise. Seven soaked & shivering horses turned their tails to the wind, and moved in close together. Seven cowboys, equally soaked, sat and joked about what the growly old foreman's rain dance might look like. We decided it was probably somewhere between the chicken dance, and a seizure. He chuckled, and said that he should put some of this rain in a ziploc bag, in his pocket. That way in August, he could take it out, and look at it, just to be sure he can still remember what it looks like.
We laughed and joked, with our heads tipped back, to keep the rain off of our necks. You have to be careful not to lean forward, without looking down first. Otherwise, water will run right down your crack. The wettest spring in years, and not one of us had a rain coat of any kind.
After about 45 minutes, the rain stopped. We spread out to gather the cows, and I made sure to point out two things, for the youngest boy.
One, this is southeast Colorado, it can be clear warm & nice at 5, and 45°, drizzling rain, with a stiff breeze by 7. (So, next time bring at least a jacket.)
And two, complaining and whining are a major sin, in cowcamp. Even though everyone was miserable, not a one of us mentioned it. Whining about something you can do nothing about is futile... But it can spread like a cancer. The morale of the whole crew can be brought down by one man.

Hippie

Hippie

Looks like some reps of the religion of peace aloha snackbarred up a concert in manchester england............god I hate those guys.
00N0N cQs8SH4UPJ4 600x450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom