D-9's clone only grow

• Thread starter D9420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Indica~tor

Mornin D9... Ok I'll chime in. LOL. so you replanted them back into the 3 gal pots? you realize your gonna be root bound right? which will cause more probs along the way than not. what I would have done is left them in the 5 gal pots but bend every single stem and pull em down and tie em in place. Like I mentioned before, when the plants are extremely thirsty, they bend a hell of a lot easier allowing you to munipulate them into any position you desire. You can even pinch and roll the stem and let it fall over by itself but just be sure to tie em down otherwise they'll spring right back into place again. The main stem is the most difficult to bend but can be done with patience.

If you decide to top again... I would wait a week or two for the plant to bounce back from the shock of the pruning before you flip.

If you are just LSTing and not topping then you can flip immediately after tying them down which is why I sometimes prefer LST over topping or fimming. Less time waiting on recovery and more time growing budz. :)
Peace and stay safe, Indi

D

D9420

Mornin D9... Ok I'll chime in. LOL. so you replanted them back into the 3 gal pots? you realize your gonna be root bound right? which will cause more probs along the way than not. what I would have done is left them in the 5 gal pots but bend every single stem and pull em down and tie em in place. Like I mentioned before, when the plants are extremely thirsty, they bend a hell of a lot easier allowing you to munipulate them into any position you desire. You can even pinch and roll the stem and let it fall over by itself but just be sure to tie em down otherwise they'll spring right back into place again. The main stem is the most difficult to bend but can be done with patience.

If you decide to top again... I would wait a week or two for the plant to bounce back from the shock of the pruning before you flip.

If you are just LSTing and not topping then you can flip immediately after tying them down which is why I sometimes prefer LST over topping or fimming. Less time waiting on recovery and more time growing budz. :)
Peace and stay safe, Indi

ya im all messed up this grow. i know im not gonna get the full potential out of the 3gal. i need to use the 5s but its gonna be a mess tying it all down not much room to work with. but ive been sitting here thinking of the best method yours seems it will work the best. but its gonna be difficult when they stretch i was not planning on flowering these they were my mothers i thought i had the room till the plants were in the tent LOL im gonna try it again and see if i can tie it so it fits somehow

I

Indica~tor

LOL. yeah bro....I'd say your in for a ride for sure. hahahaha I think you'll be fine tho tbvh. You just need to find it within yourself to get creative here and find out what it is YOU want your plants to do and not the other way around. Ha!

Remember also that the Bubba and G13 cross shouldn't give you too many probs as they both like to stay squat. I flip my bubbas at 13 inches and they finish at 20. Plus the stems on the bubba are nearly impossible to bend and train. Too thick imvho.

But the others should be easy enough. I just think you need to find your creative side and roll with it bro. Now get back to work and bend them ladies over like ya mean it! :)

D

D9420

LOL. yeah bro....I'd say your in for a ride for sure. hahahaha I think you'll be fine tho tbvh. You just need to find it within yourself to get creative here and find out what it is YOU want your plants to do and not the other way around. Ha!

Remember also that the Bubba and G13 cross shouldn't give you too many probs as they both like to stay squat. I flip my bubbas at 13 inches and they finish at 20. Plus the stems on the bubba are nearly impossible to bend and train. Too thick imvho.

But the others should be easy enough. I just think you need to find your creative side and roll with it bro. Now get back to work and bend them ladies over like ya mean it! :)

ya thats what i was told the Bubba and Berm x G13 have less stretch there both around 2-1/2 ft. tall im hopping i dont have to LST those i think they will do fine. i also put them back into the 5gal. buckets and did some LST work gonna wait till the soil is dry to tie up some other branches. im only doing the LST to the Dab and OD. i want to pull a nice harvest and i no they will do way better with more room for the roots. its gonna be more work but im sure i will be rewarded in the end. :smiley_joint:

HPIM7471
HPIM7472
HPIM7475
HPIM7477
HPIM7478
HPIM7473
D

D9420

sick looks like it'll work nicely man.

thanks im hopping it all will be cool at least there in 5 gal. containers now. so i can maximize my production. cant wait to smoke some Bubba and OD i here so many good things about them. the Berm x G13 is good also never smoked any of them only the Dabney. so its gonna be a very sweet harvest for me. my intro to the real dank bud :smiley_joint:

I

Indica~tor

Now thats more like it!!! Ha! Now I would wait about a week to 10 days to allow the roots to grow to the bottom befor you flip and also this will be enough time to allow the plant to bounce back from any x-plant shock. Nice job bro. Stay safe, Indi

I

Indica~tor

Oh and btw.... Bubba is my personal fav and has been for some time now. Sooooo, I popped a few Pre98Bubba x NL#5 and already found a male. I will be back crossing this to the original bubba mother to make some bx1s
Peace, Indi

D

D9420

Now thats more like it!!! Ha! Now I would wait about a week to 10 days to allow the roots to grow to the bottom befor you flip and also this will be enough time to allow the plant to bounce back from any x-plant shock. Nice job bro. Stay safe, Indi

the only prob is that they have been in flower since they got here a few days back so i dont want to flip to veg then back. but i think i will be good! all the branches i tied earlier are already pointing upward. thanks for the pot idea makes things easy. i only tied a few branches im gonna wait like you said till they dry and rubber up a bit try and get things were i need them and then give it a good feeding. so far so good. :passingjoint::hi:

I

Indica~tor

well, if they've only been flowering for a few days they will be fine. I have x-planted three weeks into flower with little to no probs. Just be sure not to over water as this is REALLY easy to do since all the roots right now arent filling the entire container. Allow those roots to search for water near the bottom and let them fill out those buckets bro. you do this by watering lightly and letting em dry out almost completely before you water again. then after the roots have exploded then water normally. It is very easy to waterlog your plants after x-planting or uppotting them.
Im sure everything will run smoothly for ya bro. Just thought Id share my 2 pesos.
Peace, Indi

D

D9420

Oh and btw.... Bubba is my personal fav and has been for some time now. Sooooo, I popped a few Pre98Bubba x NL#5 and already found a male. I will be back crossing this to the original bubba mother to make some bx1s
Peace, Indi
sounds good be nice to find a pheno with the Bubba potency and NL#5 bud structure. sounds interesting cant wait to see that creation. :smiley_joint:
my buddy Just sent me some KC36 pollen to make a cross but if i mix these strains i want it to be with something worth crossing. like i got White Labels Double Gum and the original Blue Buddha/SDV3 x Blue Buddha i want to cross to the Dabney Blu, and the KKSC. or i got Rez Strawberry Diesel F3s and some Cherry AK x Straw-D F1s i want to cross with the KKSC and that only if the fems run true and i find a nice enough stud i think i will be good ive seen these in action and there some killer plants. i want to cross them looking for keepers for a clone only or make a BX line or possible IBL

I

Indica~tor

What are you hoping to produce by crossing the dabney with the Buddah ? I mean are you going for smell/taste, bud structure, yield??? And finally, is that Buddah cross a Bx? sounds yummy none the less. great selection!
Peace, Indi

D

darookie2000

im giving this a little bump. i just need some opinions from people in post 45 i got my plants in 3-gal. pots do you think they will flower better if i transplanted them. or will it be the same but i will have to water more often.
there about 2, 2-1/2 ft. tall with multiple tops i usually grow smaller plants so any info would be great. :smiley_joint:

1 gal per foot, so 5 gal would be nice. :)

D

D9420

What are you hoping to produce by crossing the dabney with the Buddah ? I mean are you going for smell/taste, bud structure, yield??? And finally, is that Buddah cross a Bx? sounds yummy none the less. great selection!
Peace, Indi

i believe it is a BX and its not from B.C.B.D its from Dires original Beans he gave them to my buddy his good friend. and he has been breeding them. i want to cross those 2 plants to find a very nice plant that yields like the Dabney but with more of a Blueberry Taste. and the small stretch of the BB.
i also have lots of F1 mixes
Jackie-O/SDV3 x BB
Jimmie/Chocco x BB
Hells Fire/SSH x BB
Direwulfe x BB
BB x SDV3 = ( Direwulfe )
SDV3/HP#1 x BB
Purple Erkle/SDV3 x BB and lots of other great crosses to work with in the future

D

D9420

i wish i had room for the KKSC this run but i will run her next time. i got the OD tied up very nice gonna have to tie off a few branches as it grows but i got the height down a bit. the Dab i got a couple branches tied off just waiting for the plant to dry up so the stems bend easier as there real stiff. there being feed with Bio-Bizz Bio Bloom, and Fish Mix, GH Alg-A-Mic, and Floralicious Plus, Botnicare Liquid Karma, and Cal-Mag, Epsom Salt, and Molasses at 1000ppm. also some pics of the cuts there under 4-44w CFls being feed at 250ppm of just Flora Nova Grow. im trying to slow the growth since i only have a small tent for them. but everything is looking very healthy and i cant wait to burn a couple bong rips of the OD and Bubba :smiley_joint:

HPIM7467
HPIM7488
HPIM7491
HPIM7492
HPIM7493
HPIM7494
HPIM7495
HPIM7497
HPIM7499
HPIM7500
HPIM7480
HPIM7479
HPIM7482
HPIM7484
HPIM7485
HPIM7487
HPIM7502
R

Rural_GrowOp

Nice thread bro, guess I've been sleeping on this one. They all look nice and healthy. I'll be along from here out.

F

freemangenetics

mmmmmmnice

nice selection D9420:smiley_joint:pulling up a :scared0016:couch

Top Bottom