Damien's Photo Grow: Malawi X Panama Edition

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Nice indoor jungle beautiful flowers
Looking really nice! Mine are really starting to hit their stride as well. I am trying a dose of Triacontanol on a couple plants, just to see what the result is, although the results that I have seen were very impressive. I hope it doesn't mess anything up but it sounds pretty safe and not too critical about dosing. If things go well, I'm sure I will be gloating about it! I'm glad that everything is working out well...can you imagine what things are going to look like at week 12? Keep up the good work!

E

eirI

Looking really nice! Mine are really starting to hit their stride as well. I am trying a dose of Triacontanol on a couple plants, just to see what the result is, although the results that I have seen were very impressive. I hope it doesn't mess anything up but it sounds pretty safe and not too critical about dosing. If things go well, I'm sure I will be gloating about it! I'm glad that everything is working out well...can you imagine what things are going to look like at week 12? Keep up the good work!
need advice I have healthy plant started early Jan she’s been budding for about 5 weeks nothing but natural sun what to use last weeks. Thanks

damien50

damien50

Nice indoor jungle beautiful flowers

Thank you

Thanks! I defoliated quite a bit after examining the pic you edited for me. Not my best scrog but it is my first scrog lol.

Yeah let me know your results, I've been reading up on hormones but never felt fully invested to buy anything but this is how I feel about far red and uv lighting lol

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Day 44 - 7th Week of Flowering

Coco coir - 1140ppm/5.9 ph

Jack's FeED 5-12-26/Growpito enzymes and microbes

78-84f Leaf Surface Temp - Night Time Temps 62-68f

60-65% RH

8" Light Height

11/13 Light Schedule

So at this point I have 5 weeks left according to Ace Seeds. I forgot I had a second net for my scrog so I threw it up since I had branches falling over and it made the canopy a lot more uniform. Defoliated some more and buds below the net are developing well. Unsure of the cold nights affecting color but the red pistils are developing quickly on the more mature plants. Checked everything with a microscope and trichomes are still clear.

No burning from the higher ppm and while I miss my pure blend pro and liquid karma I think the Jack's FeED is doing well.

I raised the lights because while I was testing some of this bud I got to thinking about inverse square law and how at a certain height light will overlap. I could be wrong but I raised my light up just to see. I figured, bro science, that with 1344 diodes all facing down some overlap should occur.

View attachment 872376View attachment 872377View attachment 872378View attachment 872379View attachment 872380View attachment 872381View attachment 872382View attachment 872383View attachment 872384View attachment 872385
Love the pics. And those are all autos? I knkw I have 2 indices and 1 sativa, had my seeds in fridge for 6 months, think that and ph had my slow grow to start. My sativa is stretchy my.lights are about 14” above top.. decided to leave my bedroom door open....temp seems better yay...love those pics
Happy growing

damien50

damien50

Love the pics. And those are all autos? I knkw I have 2 indices and 1 sativa, had my seeds in fridge for 6 months, think that and ph had my slow grow to start. My sativa is stretchy my.lights are about 14” above top.. decided to leave my bedroom door open....temp seems better yay...love those pics
Happy growing

Thanks man. They're all photos.

Funk junky

Funk junky

I’m still trying to dial in how much to raise led. I think I raised them just a little too much last run and there was a little stretch between the tight buds at bottom of main colas. The buds where dense but slightly removed from each other just slightly. Not as bunched tightly just in the lower buds on bottom of main cola probably about 2 inches.
Think years of using hps took its toll, I was probably tired one night and decided they were just that little too close.
Wasn’t a biggy but something I will into consideration next run

damien50

damien50

Day 50 - 8th Week of Flowering(my count is shit, Google corrected me)

Coco coir - 640ppm/5.4 ph

60-65% RH

8" Light Height

50 days and I haven't killed anything yet. Haven't been paying as much attention to the flowering tent but I have lowered the feed significantly to start leaching for the next three weeks. I have also reduced the amount of feeds from 5 to 3.

Trichomes on the left side of the tent are 99-95% milky while the ones right are budding up with 20-40% milky goodness. #3 is disappointing with loose looking buds lacking density and small in neutral. Just goes to show the best plant in veg probably isn't the best in flower.

Still getting the veg room set up, needs white paint, but the mothers are thriving in their 1 gallon pots with Growpito medium and a foliar every 3 days. Clones in the 5 gallon buckets are growing, I think they are still trying to get roots everywhere but that is my fault for not transplanting from a small container first. They won't get put in the flower tent for another 6 weeks though. I used #2 that vegges like shit but stretches hard and flowers fast and also #1(the runt) that is vegging well, stretches really hard, and packs on big colas.

Otherwise nothing else going on besides getting materials and nutrients together for this semi organic ebb and flow. I'll have to run this strain one more time from clone to flower with completely organic inputs but that's all I have. Thanks for reading

IMG 20190529 204630733
IMG 20190529 204615450
IMG 20190529 204604751
IMG 20190529 204551025
IMG 20190529 204455888
IMG 20190529 201836723
IMG 20190527 190351940
IMG 20190527 190343992
IMG 20190527 190338956

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

60-65% RH

8" Light Height

50 days and I haven't killed anything yet. Haven't been paying as much attention to the flowering tent but I have lowered the feed significantly to start leaching for the next three weeks. I have also reduced the amount of feeds from 5 to 3.

Trichomes on the left side of the tent are 99-95% milky while the ones right are budding up with 20-40% milky goodness. #3 is disappointing with loose looking buds lacking density and small in neutral. Just goes to show the best plant in veg probably isn't the best in flower.

Still getting the veg room set up, needs white paint, but the mothers are thriving in their 1 gallon pots with Growpito medium and a foliar every 3 days. Clones in the 5 gallon buckets are growing, I think they are still trying to get roots everywhere but that is my fault for not transplanting from a small container first. They won't get put in the flower tent for another 6 weeks though. I used #2 that vegges like shit but stretches hard and flowers fast and also #1(the runt) that is vegging well, stretches really hard, and packs on big colas.

Otherwise nothing else going on besides getting materials and nutrients together for this semi organic ebb and flow. I'll have to run this strain one more time from clone to flower with completely organic inputs but that's all I have. Thanks for reading

View attachment 873041View attachment 873042View attachment 873043View attachment 873044View attachment 873045View attachment 873046View attachment 873047View attachment 873048View attachment 873049
B4E87B66 509E 41FB A556 62B575A2645C
B4E87B66 509E 41FB A556 62B575A2645C
BA080ED1 17DE 4C29 85B5 DAD6BF8B81E4
71558B32 7A7C 41B5 B02B F7FD2E135A60
05D41453 629E 496F AC27 C24B8C8546F0
05D41453 629E 496F AC27 C24B8C8546F0
1299615D 9258 41EF AFFC 94B60B52D027

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

60-65% RH

8" Light Height

View attachment 873041View attachment 873042View attachment 873043View attachment 873044View attachment 873045View attachment 873046View attachment 873047View attachment 873048View attachment 873049
My 7 week veg 1st week flower , think I am getting some stretch but my lights so close to top of plants, trying the low stress on them but the middle one just. Very thick all fem seeds...pics above ....purple tent ones

Funk junky

Funk junky

60-65% RH

8" Light Height

The times I’ve had a runt turn out my best plant is quite a lot bro.
Had a lovely c-99 that was runt turned out biggest plant by far, was second best though very hazy but pipped by my pineapple pheno

Funk junky

Funk junky

Rickismom was replying to your thread last night but it got late. Had trouble finding it just now, so gonna reply here as Damien 50 seems quite laid back. Don’t worry about going away you’re girl will be fine now you have got stale air away from grow.
Tell her not to water till pots are almost wheightless. A plant will wilt if too thirsty and after you water it spring back to life, I don’t suggest going that far but is preferable to over watering so many people overwater.
And tell her we are here to help if she has any problems. Have you any ratchets to raise lights it will make life easier if they start stretching, maybe hang a bit of string with some kind of small Wheight on end to keep it straight so you know desired height?

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Rickismom was replying to your thread last night but it got late. Had trouble finding it just now, so gonna reply here as Damien 50 seems quite laid back. Don’t worry about going away you’re girl will be fine now you have got stale air away from grow.
Tell her not to water till pots are almost wheightless. A plant will wilt if too thirsty and after you water it spring back to life, I don’t suggest going that far but is preferable to over watering so many people overwater.
And tell her we are here to help if she has any problems. Have you any ratchets to raise lights it will make life easier if they start stretching, maybe hang a bit of string with some kind of small Wheight on end to keep it straight so you know desired height?
Hi funk
Sorry just haven’t go the hang of this forum yet. I do have the ratchet things on my lights and I am doing the wilt to water so I don’t rot my roots, lol. But I always put my finger down an inch to see how dry the soil is, and doing my last low stress tying off to get a flat surface , my one plant in the middle is really a short thick plant and bushy, I know it’s indica. Not sure which is which but my smokers will be happy with whatever.then later I can get my autos going.thx guys for all the info.appreciate all
Happy growing

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Hi funk
Sorry just haven’t go the hang of this forum yet. I do have the ratchet things on my lights and I am doing the wilt to water so I don’t rot my roots, lol. But I always put my finger down an inch to see how dry the soil is, and doing my last low stress tying off to get a flat surface , my one plant in the middle is really a short thick plant and bushy, I know it’s indica. Not sure which is which but my smokers will be happy with whatever.then later I can get my autos going.thx guys for all the info.appreciate all
Happy growing
Waiting until the plant wilts isn't helpful after the roots are developed, provided that there is adequate drainage. Repeated wiltings harm and stunt the plant. As long as the growing medium is damp, not wet, the plants will be fine. I water my plants daily with about a gallon of water each, grown in 5 gallon buckets. Your plants look great and I don't really see any problems. The watering issue is a matter of choice, IMO, and is the legacy of old urban growing legends. The stress supposedly makes them more potent, but they also usually have a smaller yield. Choices are more but slightly less potent buds, or slightly more potent buds, with less of them. Keep up the great work!!

E

eirI

60-65% RH

8" Light Height

They look Alive. That good bright light.

E

eirI

60-65% RH

8" Light Height

Very nice

Funk junky

Funk junky

Waiting until the plant wilts isn't helpful after the roots are developed, provided that there is adequate drainage. Repeated wiltings harm and stunt the plant. As long as the growing medium is damp, not wet, the plants will be fine. I water my plants daily with about a gallon of water each, grown in 5 gallon buckets. Your plants look great and I don't really see any problems. The watering issue is a matter of choice, IMO, and is the legacy of old urban growing legends. The stress supposedly makes them more potent, but they also usually have a smaller yield. Choices are more but slightly less potent buds, or slightly more potent buds, with less of them. Keep up the great work!!
Yeah like I said I wouldn’t go that far I am not suggesting he aims for wilt, just new growers can sometimes fuss and be too attentive.
And was trying to say they can handle a drought better than a drowning.
Every now and then when I was gorilla growing I would come back to a wilted plant first time I panicked thought I was killing my plants, but after watering they would be reaching for the stars again after an hour. Didn’t know can make more potent,
Just noticed that he was concerned about going away and leaving plants and was trying to put mind at rest.
I normally wait until pots are super light gentle massage soil to avoid the water hitting crust and going down sides. Then water in circle away from edges at first until I’m confident the water is penetrating the soil evenly.
And you hit the nail on the head good drainage in the bottom of pots is essential, I used to use a good layer of gravel, but now use hydro clay balls to save my back.
Sometimes this has the advantage of also letting me know they want potting up when they push the odd ball up to the surface
But again that is not a tip better to keep on top of things just highlighting that sometimes patience can be a virtue

Funk junky

Funk junky

Try some wet towels for higher humidity. I don't know how well those c02 methods work, not enough for me to invest in, and your plants aren't very big for a 6-7 week veg. If you can bring your temp down and raise your RH I think you'll be fine and be able to run those lights closer.

Higher temps hold more humidity but you're extracting air into what seems to be a dry environment despite your plants transpiring water more quickly due to high heat and low humidity. I say raise the humidity, don't worry about c02 and keep them healthy and happy to the end.

I also suggest getting some microbes and enzymes to help your roots and overall plant health. You can still do foliar applications before the buds start forming. So you can do a microbial drench, like a tea of Recharge or Great White, and then use the rest for a foliar. It will help inoculate your roots and protect the plant better against environmental stress, bacteria, and pathogens

With the autos start light on the feed especially since your soil comes fertilized to some degree you might not even use a lot of nutrients.
I never heard about an Iron deficiency improving the harvest, but it will probably cut back on the chlorophyll! I always thought Iron was a great addition but stranger things have happened. It's sort of like the equivalent of a Cannabis Urban Legend... I don't understand why people think their plants grow better when stressed, other than producing hermaphrodites. Stranger stuff has happened, though. After reading thru the text, it makes it harder to guess on what the problems might be, since just about any condition can be caused by just about anything in excess or deficiency. I try to provide everything that they might need, but in lower doses than recommended. It's a lot easier to cure a deficiency than to try to cure an excess... or even figure out what the problem might be, if any.
My microbrobes are probably one of my most treasured tools in my set up.
Jimster you are so right prevention is better than the cure, so much that easier to fix deficiency than fix over feeding . Big up

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yeah like I said I wouldn’t go that far I am not suggesting he aims for wilt, just new growers can sometimes fuss and be too attentive.
And was trying to say they can handle a drought better than a drowning
And you hit the nail on the head good drainage in the bottom of pots is essential, I used to use a good layer of gravel, but now use hydro clay balls to save my back.
Sometimes this has the advantage of also letting me know they want potting up when they push the odd ball up to the surface
But again that is not a tip better to keep on top of things just highlighting that sometimes patience can be a virtue
I agree about overwatering to some degree, but I'm not sure how people can overwater and have such problems. The clay balls are great and easy, but if you dumped 5 gallons a day on it, there still wouldn't be a water problem since you have such good drainage. IDK. The other point that you pointed out is patience. When I help others who have asked for some insight, the first thing I say is to get a book. "Why a book?" they say. So that when you think that you should check your plants for the 3rd time this hour and you have a shelf full of magic potions that you are POSITIVE that you plant can't live without, you pick up the book and read a few pages. Repeat as needed... Plants like to be left alone to grow. A little TLC is fine, but don't be a smothering mother.
Underwatering doesn't help the plant and can weaken and stall it if it happens too often. Back in the 70s, from a Cheech/Chong movie, the idea that you had to withhold water was in a movie, and since then, the Urban Legend had been born. I think that the original idea was that you got, for example, 1 million trichomes on a plant. If you water regularly, they are spread out over the plant. If you withhold water, the plants won't be as big an will concentrate the trichome onto the smaller plant, essentially making it more potent. IF plants came with a certain number of Trichomes regardless of size, then 12 inch plants would be the rage!
OK...I'm done with my rant! I started taking Prednisone a few days ago and I have enough wild energy to launch a rocket, so please overlook my babbling.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I agree about overwatering to some degree, but I'm not sure how people can overwater and have such problems. The clay balls are great and easy, but if you dumped 5 gallons a day on it, there still wouldn't be a water problem since you have such good drainage. IDK. The other point that you pointed out is patience. When I help others who have asked for some insight, the first thing I say is to get a book. "Why a book?" they say. So that when you think that you should check your plants for the 3rd time this hour and you have a shelf full of magic potions that you are POSITIVE that you plant can't live without, you pick up the book and read a few pages. Repeat as needed... Plants like to be left alone to grow. A little TLC is fine, but don't be a smothering mother.
Underwatering doesn't help the plant and can weaken and stall it if it happens too often. Back in the 70s, from a Cheech/Chong movie, the idea that you had to withhold water was in a movie, and since then, the Urban Legend had been born. I think that the original idea was that you got, for example, 1 million trichomes on a plant. If you water regularly, they are spread out over the plant. If you withhold water, the plants won't be as big an will concentrate the trichome onto the smaller plant, essentially making it more potent. IF plants came with a certain number of Trichomes regardless of size, then 12 inch plants would be the rage!
OK...I'm done with my rant! I started taking Prednisone a few days ago and I have enough wild energy to launch a rocket, so please overlook my babbling.
YOU should write a book. Love every response of yours I've read here.

"Smothering mother" nails it. Almost every problem we hear about is caused by just that, except insects. Although causing problems by over watering/fertilizing/stressing will allow insects to do more damage.

Most successful growers I've talked to through the years all say the same thing, "Leave 'em the F... alone." They're right.

When we start out we've usually heard so many things we don't know where to begin. Try different things, find one that seems to work and stick with it. You can always try this or that on one plant and see what happens.

Top Bottom