Damn it's strange how so many of us have this desire to put our knowledge out to the world

• Thread starter ritoMox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know what it is. Since people have a problem with this meta analysis, they can read one or more of the 26 studies the analysis is based on.
So you also understand that ppl are taking issue with the summary and not necessarily the individual studies or the science of those studies ?

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

So you also understand that ppl are taking issue with the summary and not necessarily the individual studies or the science of those studies ?

Yes, I understand that. However, I'm betting my left testicle that anyone with good reading comprehension and a basic understanding of science could read all 26 papers and draw the same conclusion. I'm also betting that no one will read all 26 papers.

That's why I posted this handy meta analysis! Some nerds that aren't blazed 24/7 already read the 26 papers for us and made a valid conclusion.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Techniques in Handling People​

1. Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
  2. Give honest and sincere appreciation.
  3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.

Six ways to Make People Like You​

1. Become genuinely interested in other people.
  2. Smile.
  3. Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
  4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
  5. Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
  6. Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.

Win People to Your Way of Thinking​

1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
  2. Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never say, “You’re wrong.”
  3. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
  4. Begin in a friendly way.
  5. Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
  6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
  7. Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
  8. Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
  9. Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
  10. Appeal to the nobler motives.
  11. Dramatize your ideas.
  12. Throw down a challenge.

Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment​

1. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
  2. Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
  3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
  4. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
  5. Let the other person save face.
  6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be “hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.”
  7. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
  8. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
  9. Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
Just some general knowledge that I think all peeps should get. This book is a great tool on becoming happy and the greatest part about learning this is YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT if you don't want friends but it still helps you get an upper edge on why people do the things they do. PEOPLE WANT TO BE IMPORTANT. Always and everywhere.

41FYFMn7lZL AC SY780
How to win friends and influence people
growsince79

growsince79

I don't care if my peers choose not to believe in science. This isn't a battle. I'm not here to convince anyone. You can believe whatever you want. I believe in science. It's pretty sad that some people choose to ignore science when it doesn't support their point of view.
Show me a study using identical clones that proves veg time affects potency. I'll wait. While you look, clone a very young plant and flower it. See for yourself.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Show me a study using identical clones that proves veg time affects potency. I'll wait. While you look, clone a very young plant and flower it. See for yourself.
Right? It's so simple to disprove this!

It came across like some click bait - Wait - astonishing information revealed! When in reality, a simple grow with 2 pots and a seed can easily disprove it!

Sorry, keep getting sucked in, I'll stop now.

beluga

beluga

We can know and trust, to some degree, what the data says; we're dubious of the interpretation when given such numerous variables. As we should be.

It's almost trivial to try to pluck out any one variable in such a dataset and draw a conclusion based on it. Especially without firsthand experimentation 🤨

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I already did. But right now, I'm too busy searching for a study that says THC will be the same regardless of veg time for you and Moe. Having a hard time finding it...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Techniques in Handling People​

1. Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
  2. Give honest and sincere appreciation.
  3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.

Six ways to Make People Like You​

1. Become genuinely interested in other people.
  2. Smile.
  3. Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
  4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
  5. Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
  6. Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.

Win People to Your Way of Thinking​

1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
  2. Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never say, “You’re wrong.”
  3. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
  4. Begin in a friendly way.
  5. Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
  6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
  7. Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
  8. Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
  9. Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
  10. Appeal to the nobler motives.
  11. Dramatize your ideas.
  12. Throw down a challenge.

Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment​

1. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
  2. Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
  3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
  4. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
  5. Let the other person save face.
  6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be “hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.”
  7. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
  8. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
  9. Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
Just some general knowledge that I think all peeps should get. This book is a great tool on becoming happy and the greatest part about learning this is YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT if you don't want friends but it still helps you get an upper edge on why people do the things they do. PEOPLE WANT TO BE IMPORTANT. Always and everywhere.
Bookmarked sir… great post

josefrahl

josefrahl

My problem was the data collection method. All studies where the grow was outside were excluded. All grows where light timing saying something like,day 1-30 18 hours on instead of listing each day individualy were excluded. Co2 or UV supplement grows were excluded. But the nutes were not standardized, nor was the watts or any other light value. So it's based upon a bunch of indoor grows that have different stuff happening with those. No strain standardization either. So they removed a large portion of data that proves them wrong. They would have left it if would have been further proof of the theory.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I already did. But right now, I'm too busy searching for a study that says THC will be the same regardless of veg time for you and Moe. Having a hard time finding it...
No need for me, but thank you.

I have already proven this years ago. I do cannabinoid testing at home in my basement lab. Not your typical stoner.

I read a study about veg time with regards to THCv production late in flower. I tested this on several plants / clones that have a propensity to show THCv including Jack the Ripper, THC Victory, Durban Poison, and Diet Durban years ago. Veg time had no impact on cannabinoid % at harvest. Other things do tho.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

We can know and trust, to some degree, what the data says; we're dubious of the interpretation when given such numerous variables. As we should be.

It's almost trivial to try to pluck out any one variable in such a dataset and draw a conclusion based on it. Especially without firsthand experimentation 🤨
Bingo ... data alone can be subjective in its interpretation.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

And, ultimately, I assume those things are interconnected and systemic?
Yes, examples include some forms of stress (drought stress as an example, bugs another) some forms of cropping and crop steering, certainly lighting...

To make an analogy, wine is something that has good years and bad, but the grape vine is the same year to year. Environment has a huge impact on the plant being able to live up to it's genetic potential fully.

Top Bottom