Damn it's strange how so many of us have this desire to put our knowledge out to the world

• Thread starter ritoMox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Yes, examples include some forms of stress (drought stress as an example, bugs another) some forms of cropping and crop steering, certainly lighting...

To make an analogy, wine is something that has good years and bad, but the grape vine is the same year to year. Environment has a huge impact on the plant being able to live up to it's genetic potential fully.
Terroir but with beakers and LCD monitors.

R

ritoMox

Win People to Your Way of Thinking​

1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
And if you can't avoid it, win it😁✌️
lf
Link

R

ritoMox

I don't care if my peers choose not to believe in science. This isn't a battle. I'm not here to convince anyone. You can believe whatever you want. I believe in science. It's pretty sad that some people choose to ignore science when it doesn't support their point of view.
"There is a great deal that is worthy about the ideal and framework of the scientific process, if its limits are recognized and respected. However, there is a great deal of difference between the process of science, its cumulative facts, and the paradigm that mainstream scientists operate from. I have continually seen a logical sleight of hand practiced by prominent scientists, where they have not respected the process of science and its limits, and have turned science into something resembling a religion". A Healed Planet ✌️

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

4/14/94. 7 CEOs from major Tobacco companies testify under oath to congress that nicotine is not addictive. They had studies to back that up.

The correlation here is that anyone who ever smoked, knows beyond a shadow of a doubt cigarettes are addictive.

Anyone who has even grown a clone knows, ahh screw it. Heels have been dug in.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

so plants that are grown 12/12 from seed are less potent than that exact same seed given a 1-2 month veg period? is that what's being argued here? lol

this is the first time I've ever remotely heard someone claim that veg period impacted potency

growsince79

growsince79

so plants that are grown 12/12 from seed are less potent than that exact same seed given a 1-2 month veg period? is that what's being argued here? lol

this is the first time I've ever remotely heard someone claim that veg period impacted potency
It's been said many times. Ed Rosenthal wrongfully made the claim in one of his books years ago. I know its blasphemy to disagree with Ed, but that's my experience. Some guys use the book as proof; but no one has a documented study to prove it. In my 43 years of growing, I never had a clone that was any more or less potent than the original. I suggest everyone do the experiment and decide for themselves.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It's been said many times. Ed Rosenthal wrongfully made the claim in one of his books years ago. I know its blasphemy to disagree with Ed, but that's my experience. Some guys use the book as proof; but no one has a documented study to prove it. In my 43 years of growing, I never had a clone that was any more or less potent than the original. I suggest everyone do the experiment and decide for themselves.
I made the same type of comment regarding Cervantes earlier in regards to bud washing. Both of these guys ... gurus for sure ... are sharing proven methods of cultivation from their own experiences. The footnotes for these direct you to studies done elsewhere and frequently using other plants in their studies. It doesn't make them useless. Experience is golden when it comes to growing.

If you want current scientific studies with cannabis, most of us will immediately say Dr Bugbee. That PHD and the ability to study the plant first hand at a major university level speaks volumes louder today. Why? It's much more up to date than the gurus who's original editions were written years ago with only revisions periodically along the way.

There are others today besides Bugbee. Where the biggest difference today from 50-60-70 yrs ago is in some places now, scientists with advanced state of the art university labs are able to study cannabis openly. There's been more than one time new science proves old ideas/science wrong.

growsince79

growsince79

I made the same type of comment regarding Cervantes earlier in regards to bud washing. Both of these guys ... gurus for sure ... are sharing proven methods of cultivation from their own experiences. The footnotes for these direct you to studies done elsewhere and frequently using other plants in their studies. It doesn't make them useless. Experience is golden when it comes to growing.

If you want current scientific studies with cannabis, most of us will immediately say Dr Bugbee. That PHD and the ability to study the plant first hand at a major university level speaks volumes louder today. Why? It's much more up to date than the gurus who's original editions were written years ago with only revisions periodically along the way.

There are others today besides Bugbee. Where the biggest difference today from 50-60-70 yrs ago is in some places now, scientists with advanced state of the art university labs are able to study cannabis openly. There's been more than one time new science proves old ideas/science wrong.
Maybe we can petition Bugbee to do a study for us? My next choice is @Moe.Red lol.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'll bet he has already done this at some level, he has several graduate students working for him and a ton of lab space. All these students have things they need to prove for their thesis, they all have tester grows going both indoor and outdoor. It would be interesting to get access to all his data for sure.
I love the humility ... we were talking about YOU. Bugbee would be first choice but since that's not likely to happen right here on the farm, the next best choice is you.

Studies like what you and Aqua are doing ... right now. It's just easier on the university level for so many reasons.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I love the humility ... we were talking about YOU. Bugbee would be first choice but since that's not likely to happen right here on the farm, the next best choice is you.

Studies like what you and Aqua are doing ... right now. It's just easier on the university level for so many reasons.
Ah I'm dumb, not humble. 😆

The thing is, the only one who would benefit from such a study would not accept the result. I don't see anyone here with experience with clones saying you can change genetics with a longer sun tan when they are young!

growsince79

growsince79

Idk of any labs near me that test homegrown.

Top Bottom