Dark Purple Disease Affecting New Growth?

• Thread starter browntrout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Its not cold. Night time temps are in the mid 70s. We use Promix BX, same thing we use indoors, and never have this problem. Our soil PH is the same inside, and out. Feed is the same. Only thing different is ne is grown inside, and the other outside. Ive been growing weed since 1972, and never had this problen until 8 years ago. It alkso does happen in the native soil, but the soil is good, ph is correct, and is the same growing technique Ive used for 50 years.

This problem has nothing to do with cold. It aint cld in the middle of summer. I also totally agree with Seawood that the problem really starts to show itself at the end of July, and early August, right before they start to flower, and very early flower.

I lso am very healthy, and havent had one sip of cola since 1978. I run 40 miles a week, and liift weights 4-5 days a week. In the 80s I ran a 2:38 marathon, and have run at least 8 Ultramarathons in under 7 hours. I was 1985 AAU Kentucky Powerlifting champ at 148lbs with a 1350lbs total. My training partner was a former world record holder in the Squat in 1988 at 242lbs. He Squatted 813lbs.

I eat no white flour products. No preservatives, artificial colors or flavors. I cook all my food in either reverse osmosis water, or distilled water, and have since 1978. At 64 years of age, I can still o 20 thumbs only pushups. Whits fingers pointed, and not in fist. I still run a 5:30 mile. Can still double my bodyweight on bench. And easily Deadlift, and Squat 400lbs. I run 20 something years old guys off. Many of them much bigger than me.

So I know what it is to eat healthy. And I know this problem isnt caused by the cold, or PH. This never happens inside, using the same soil/Promix BX. Its PH is 6.2.

And Ive had all 4 shots for flu, and have never had it, but have been exposed more times than I can count. I also wer an N95 mask. Have only eaten out in a restaurant 3 times in over 4 years. One buddy had a stroke before there was a vaccine. Was on a vent for 40 days. In a nursing home for 8 months. When he went home, he still has occpational therapt a,d physical therapy come to his home 3x a week. He still cant drive, and has a tracheostomy to breathe. Hes still really fucked up. I also know several other people that have permanent damage from flu. And my wife is an ICU nurse at the VA Hospital in Huntington Wv for 10 years.

Last edited:
J

JohnnyButtons

From what I’ve read, there appears to be a higher frequency in the northern and northeastern zones and affects primarily outdoor grows. I’ve only come across two incidence of it occurring with indoor plants. The timing of symptoms is very consistent as well. End of July/early August is when the majority of reports are made. Same time as the plants transition to flower and why it’s often assumed the issue is related to a P deficiency. One issue is most growers don’t report back after harvest so we are left wondering how the plants were ultimately affected. We would have a better idea of what’s going on if there was a website/forum thread/etc that could be used for data collection.

Regarding TMV, it has been noted by the botany community that it does not exist in cannabis. People often tend to assume that any variegation/mottling with their plants is a symptom of TMV. According to the science community, there has never been a verified case of TMV in weed and any claims it does infect marijuana is a result of the stereotypical “bro-science”. Don’t shoot the messenger….
I respect your opinion, but I'll stick to the diagnosis made by professional growers.

J

JohnnyButtons

From what I’ve read, there appears to be a higher frequency in the northern and northeastern zones and affects primarily outdoor grows. I’ve only come across two incidence of it occurring with indoor plants. The timing of symptoms is very consistent as well. End of July/early August is when the majority of reports are made. Same time as the plants transition to flower and why it’s often assumed the issue is related to a P deficiency. One issue is most growers don’t report back after harvest so we are left wondering how the plants were ultimately affected. We would have a better idea of what’s going on if there was a website/forum thread/etc that could be used for data collection.

Regarding TMV, it has been noted by the botany community that it does not exist in cannabis. People often tend to assume that any variegation/mottling with their plants is a symptom of TMV. According to the science community, there has never been a verified case of TMV in weed and any claims it does infect marijuana is a result of the stereotypical “bro-science”. Don’t shoot the messenger….
Not sure where you heard that TMV hasn't been found in cannabis. It certainly has. The Canadian government found it in cannabis.

J

JohnnyButtons

That purple top is just -B, with colder nights. As is all the "varegation" and practically every other leaf symptom prominently featured on weed growing websites. Poly hybrid = poly symptoms and 9999.9999 % of pot growers miss them all.

To be honest I've always assumed it's a law you can only show boron deficient Cannabis online. It's all I see every time I log in.

"I'm not sure exactly how Si helps, but coupled with K it does seem to help. Read the article I linked. It will surprise you guys easy the virus is spread around."

It works by antagonizing the CaCO3 that's locking out B. Of course the mythical "virus" spreads easily. You're growing multiple plants with the same poor soil/nutrients/water, right? And ignoring a dozen B symptoms leading up to the drastic color change, right?

View attachment 1272400
Polyhybrid, poly symptoms, same cause. The "pros" in Cali are starting in soils <5.5pH to avoid this problem, since they are forced to pay for hard water instead of stealing clean water like they used to, in the good ol med days when Cali bud was still green. Cannabis consultants and soil producers are dumping so much shit in people's fields attempting to battle this problem.

Increased cytosolic CaCO3 contributes to Hydrogen-rich water, promoting anthocyanin, instead of natural Cannabis antioxidant (thiols). With a lack of base cations you are seeing an increase in H that eventually transfers to the plant, dropping sap pH:
View attachment 1272406

When sap pH hits 6.4, you'll get fungal symptoms, which somehow reinforces the notion that this isn't a nutrient problem. When you've locked out B, you've probably locked out K also. Adding K without B will cause different -B symptoms, namely the "variegation".

Pot growers today, will generally do ANYTHING but grow healthy plants. I don't get it. All the pesticides and shit to harvest bad crops.. You can tell who took the vaccine instead of eating healthy... I never worry about things like that, because nutrition isn't a myth in my world, all the imaginary boogie men are.
You obviously know a great deal about soil science. I appreciate your opinion. Sounds like you most likely have a degree in soil science? I do as well. If that's the case you certainly know that Boron deficiency's are super rare, and almost never dramatically impact plant health. You also know that trace amounts of boron would cure any potential B deficiency's. Many fertilizers contain trace amounts of B.

Our symptoms don't really mimic B deficiency's at all. These aren't fungal symptoms like you claim. Not at all. These plant issues are much more symptomatic of a virus. It hasn't been cold at all either.

You're telling me that thousands of people suddenly have massive B deficiency's? People have been growing for a quarter century, and just recently started experiencing B deficiency's? No way. I don't buy it for one second. So just for shots and giggles, I'll correct a potential B deficiency. There is nothing mythical about this virus. It's been found in cannabis.

In general, I think we're on the same page. I agree with you 100% on plant and human nutrition, and certainly avoiding the flu shot.

J

JohnnyButtons

Its not cold. Night time temps are in the mid 70s. We use Promix BX, same thing we use indoors, and never have this problem. Our soil PH is the same inside, and out. Feed is the same. Only thing different is ne is grown inside, and the other outside. Ive been growing weed since 1972, and never had this problen until 8 years ago. It alkso does happen in the native soil, but the soil is good, ph is correct, and is the same growing technique Ive used for 50 years.

This problem has nothing to do with cold. It aint cld in the middle of summer. I also totally agree with Seawood that the problem really starts to show itself at the end of July, and early August, right before they start to flower, and very early flower.

I lso am very healthy, and havent had one sip of cola since 1978. I run 40 miles a week, and liift weights 4-5 days a week. In the 80s I ran a 2:38 marathon, and have run at least 8 Ultramarathons in under 7 hours. I was 1985 AAU Kentucky Powerlifting champ at 148lbs with a 1350lbs total. My training partner was a former world record holder in the Squat in 1988 at 242lbs. He Squatted 813lbs.

I eat no white flour products. No preservatives, artificial colors or flavors. I cook all my food in either reverse osmosis water, or distilled water, and have since 1978. At 64 years of age, I can still o 20 thumbs only pushups. Whits fingers pointed, and not in fist. I still run a 5:30 mile. Can still double my bodyweight on bench. And easily Deadlift, and Squat 400lbs. I run 20 something years old guys off. Many of them much bigger than me.

So I know what it is to eat healthy. And I know this problem isnt caused by the cold, or PH. This never happens inside, using the same soil/Promix BX. Its PH is 6.2.

And Ive had all 4 shots for flu, and have never had it, but have been exposed more times than I can count. I also wer an N95 mask. Have only eaten out in a restaurant 3 times in over 4 years. One buddy had a stroke before there was a vaccine. Was on a vent for 40 days. In a nursing home for 8 months. When he went home, he still has occpational therapt a,d physical therapy come to his home 3x a week. He still cant drive, and has a tracheostomy to breathe. Hes still really fucked up. I also know several other people that have permanent damage from flu. And my wife is an ICU nurse at the VA Hospital in Huntington Wv for 10 years.
I really believe this is a virus. This doesn't line up with B deficiency at all. It's a fairly new phenomenon. If it were a B deficiency, people would've seen this a long, long time ago and B fertilization would be common place. Trace amounts of B cure B deficiency's. I'd be willing to bet one of your fertilizers has B in it.

Last edited:
S

Seawood

I respect your opinion, but I'll stick to the diagnosis made by professional growers.

You’d take the word of grower with no factual, lab-based evidence vs a university graduate specializing in plant science/botany? Professional growers aren’t scientists. I’m not trying to start a pissing match as I have no dog in this fight…but as a logical, fact-based person, I’ll gravitate to the science vs speculation every time. Just because someone “claims” something to be the case doesn’t make it true without proof.

I’m not saying you are right or wrong regarding your theories on TMV or this purple top thing, I’m just a skeptic by nature and the amount of research I’ve put into this condition has only led to more questions and very little as far as answers. Your logic is sound and makes a lot of sense. No disrespect intended.

An example of misinformation on a different forum…someone claimed this purple top condition was Beet Curly Top Virus and had others convinced. I don’t know what this purpling condition is but I know it’s not BCTV. This is a prime example of how bad info can get out of control.

Last edited:
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I really believe this is a virus. This doesn't line up with B deficiency at all. It's a fairly new phenomenon. If it were a B deficiency, people would've seen this a long, long time ago and B fertilization would be common place. Trace amounts of B cure B deficiency's. I'd be willing to bet one of your fertilizers has B in it.
Yes our fertilizer does. Azomite. Its got over 70 trace minerals. Boron being one. . Its also readily available to the plant. Breaks down in less than 2 weeks. They even feed it to feed stock.
Azomite has 29 ppm of Boron. 65.8 ppm of Silicon.

Mineral Analysis Element Analysis con’t. ppm Alumina, Al2O3 11.43% Gold, Au 0.005 Barium oxide, BaO 0.09% Hafnium, Hf 21 Calcium oxide, CaO 3.67% Holmium, Ho 0.6 Carbon, C 0.61% Indium, In 0.01 Chlorine, Cl 0.22% Iodine, I 2.2 Hydrogen, H 0.38% Lead, Pb 6.2 Magnesium oxide, MgO 0.78% Lithium, Li 859 Manganese oxide, MnO2 0.02% Lutetium, Lu 0.5 Nitrogen, N 0.15% Mercury, Hg 0.01 Oxygen, O 0.73% Molybdenum, Mo 12.6 Phosphorus pentoxide, P2O5 0.15% Neodymium, Nd 5.1 Potassium oxide, K2O 5.23% Nickel, Ni 2.6 Silicon dioxide, SiO2 65.85% Niobium, Nb 40 Sodium oxide, Na2O 2.07% Palladium, Pd 0.008 Strontium oxide, SrO 0.03% Praseodymium, Pr 27 Sulfur trioxide, SO3 0.21% Rhenium, Re 0.011 Titanium dioxide, TiO2 0.20% Rhodium, Rh 0.002 Loss on Incineration 6.43% Rubidium, Rb 325 Ruthenium, Ru 0.013 Additional Element Analysis ppm Samarium, Sm 6.2 Antimony, Sb 0.4 Scandium, Sc 2.7 Arsenic, As 1.1 Selenium, Se 0.7 Beryllium, Be 3.3 Silver, Ag 0.005 Bismuth, Bi 3.5 Strontium, Sr 380 Boron, B 29 Sulfur, S 240 Bromine, Br 6.6 Tantalum, Ta 2.7 Cadmium, Cd 0.3 Tellurium, Te 0.022 Cerium, Ce 230 Terbium, Tb 0.8 Cesium, Cs 21.7 Thallium, Tl 5.9 Chromium, Cr 6.1 Thorium, Th 180 Cobalt, Co 22.3 Thulium, Tm 0.6 Copper, Cu 12 Tin, Sn 2.9 Dysprosium, Dy 2.7 Tungsten, W 26 Erbium, Er 1.7 Uranium, U 4 Europium, Eu 3.7 Vanadium, V 7.8 Fluorine, F 900 Ytterbium, Yb 1.4 Gadolinium, Gd 3.7 Yttrium, Y 23 Gallium, Ga 15 Zinc, Zn 64.3 Germanium, Ge 6.1 Zirconium, Zr 62.7

Last edited:
J

JohnnyButtons

You’d take the word of grower with no factual, lab-based evidence vs a university graduate specializing in plant science/botany? Professional growers aren’t scientists. I’m not trying to start a pissing match as I have no dog in this fight…but as a logical, fact-based person, I’ll gravitate to the science vs speculation every time. Just because someone “claims” something to be the case doesn’t make it true without proof.

I’m not saying you are right or wrong regarding your theories on TMV or this purple top thing, I’m just a skeptic by nature and the amount of research I’ve put into this condition has only led to more questions and very little as far as answers. Your logic is sound and makes a lot of sense. No disrespect intended.

An example of misinformation on a different forum…someone claimed this purple top condition was Beet Curly Top Virus and had others convinced. I don’t know what this purpling condition is but I know it’s not BCTV. This is a prime example of how bad info can get out of control.
I get it. Forums are full of so much misinformation. I don't blame you for being skeptical at all. After reading some of the stuff on these forums,I certainly am as well.

Regarding your question whether I'd take the word of an experienced grower over the word of a university professor. That depends. I'm a golf course superintendent with over 25 years experience growing grass. I've seen misinformation come out of university research more times than I can remember. Most of the time these university researchers aren't collecting data from real world scenarios. most university researchers collect and interpret data from a 30x30 research plot. For us in golf, that certainly isn't real world info. I've learned more from talking to colleagues than I'll ever learn from university research.

With that being said, there is some wonderful work on coming out of universities. It helps put the pieces of the puzzle together. From my experience, college professors aren't going to deviate from what they believe in and teach. Even if those in the field report something different. I've solved more problems by talking to other golf course superintendents than getting an opinion from a university.

I think there are some really smart and talented people in the cannabis world who aren't employed by a university. I got my information through the owner of a fertility company deals direct with well established, highly successful growers who have dealt with this exact problem. So in this case, yes I'll believe a well established grower, with a great track record over a university professor.

S

Seawood

You make some great points. Hard to argue with that logic.

On a side note, I did read one report where a sample of this purple top disorder was sent to a lab for testing. I believe it was tested for approximately 30 viruses/pathogens/phytoplasmas and all came back negative. I have no idea how this testing works but it may may not mean much if they can’t test for a disease they aren’t aware of, which may be the case with this purple top thing.

Regardless, hopefully people who are experiencing this issue will report back post-harvest.

Beazy

Beazy

Just had this pop up in one outdoor plant it was only on two of the tops. Cut those two branches off n hope for the best I guess

TomH

TomH

I don’t know if or how this affects the discussion but:

I have two northern lights fem growing from seeds.
Both were nice and green Monday 8/15
I’ll attach pics in order.

Still green 8/17 morning, I was planning to flush them because they just had a few feedings in a row and I was getting nervous about over doing it.
The flush was more work than I had time for, so only got one finished.
It immediately looked purple in the buds.
Today, 8/19, it’s way worse, but only on the one which received the flush.

I did follow the flush with a light feeding of fox farms boomerang.

I hope that the pictures show up in correct chronological order.
661E49EA BC07 425C AA4C 46C28A44CEA8

00D14E78 327F 4F2B 8AFD 3FB27A7F1EF3
5580CA32 F71B 4CCE 8A02 DF7C284E5C2C
7C276DB0 DBDB 42A1 8ADB C0E308619713
D7699020 17E2 42CD BD2D 6330FEDB53C0
E045977D D660 434B 81EE 70BF3085337A
19344CE0 FB2B 43C4 BDA2 90D3E0F37098
TomH

TomH

A little history about the two plants. I'll also get some current pics of the top buds from each.
The seeds: freebies which came with an order from Barney's Farm.
Northern Lights feminized. Two "pills" planted, two popped up in the evening of 5/25/22.

Both grew about equally and have been side by side since popping.
I feed them Humbolt Secrets nutrients amended with potassium silicate, ca-mag and epsom salt, I have taken a pretty light hand in the nutes on this grow.

The plant that is purple now, started "wasting" for a few days around 6/5/22, per the journal.
It pulled through and thrived, always being a little perkier than the other (non purple) NL plant.

At this time, the purple tinted plant is kicking the butt of the non purple plant, and that's an observation since the flush and purple growth.

TomH

TomH

I don’t know if or how this affects the discussion but:

I have two northern lights fem growing from seeds.
Both were nice and green Monday 8/15
I’ll attach pics in order.

Still green 8/17 morning, I was planning to flush them because they just had a few feedings in a row and I was getting nervous about over doing it.
The flush was more work than I had time for, so only got one finished.
It immediately looked purple in the buds.
Today, 8/19, it’s way worse, but only on the one which received the flush.

I did follow the flush with a light feeding of fox farms boomerang.

I hope that the pictures show up in correct chronological order.
View attachment 1272652
I noticed that I added the 3rd pic in error.

It's a different plant. It's right next to the affected plant, touching, but it's a Forbidden Fruit.
To muddy things further, it also received a flush, same process, but hasn't shown any problems.
It's easily twice the size of the Northern Lights plants and about 30 days older.
They are all growing in an enclosed balcony, but should be considered outdoors as they have air flow directly from the outside.

mike1980

mike1980

I noticed that I added the 3rd pic in error.

It's a different plant. It's right next to the affected plant, touching, but it's a Forbidden Fruit.
To muddy things further, it also received a flush, same process, but hasn't shown any problems.
It's easily twice the size of the Northern Lights plants and about 30 days older.
They are all growing in an enclosed balcony, but should be considered outdoors as they have air flow directly from the outside.
Could be phosphorus deficiency. This purple disease thing usually shows it's ugly face in early pre flower.

TomH

TomH

Could be phosphorus deficiency. This purple disease thing usually shows it's ugly face in early pre flower.
I thought as much (not that I'm that smart, but I've seen others hypothesize such), so I did a foliar feed on the lower leaves with FF Big Bloom (0-0.5-0.7).
I'll take images every day for the next couple, see if anything changes at all.

J

JohnnyButtons

Definitely symptomatic of P deficiency. That's what I thought at first. The pictures look similar to what everyone else is showing, and it's definitely not P deficient. Someone on here, who is obviously highly educated in soil science believes it to be a Boron deficiency. Imo, it's a virus of some sort. I've seen similar scenarios in turf management. For whatever reason, new biotic stressors show up inexplicably. It takes years, and many people having similar issues, to finally diagnose the problem. This seems to be a trustfully new phenomenon which leads me to believe it isn't a nutrient deficiency that many, many people are all experiencing at the same time. Too coincidental. It's some sort of biotic stress. I don't believe it's fungal or bacterial. All the symptoms point to viral. This is my opinion, but I have solid secondary opinions from well established agricultural and cannabis professionals. Viruses have been detected in cannabis before. I'm am currently looking into pathology labs for potential diagnosis. It's getting to crush time so hopefully I can send something early next week. Viruses are notoriously difficult to diagnose so we'll see.

J

JohnnyButtons

You make some great points. Hard to argue with that logic.

On a side note, I did read one report where a sample of this purple top disorder was sent to a lab for testing. I believe it was tested for approximately 30 viruses/pathogens/phytoplasmas and all came back negative. I have no idea how this testing works but it may may not mean much if they can’t test for a disease they aren’t aware of, which may be the case with this purple top thing.

Regardless, hopefully people who are experiencing this issue will report back post-harvest.
This is sorta what I think may be happening. I think the cannabis pathologists have some work to do. Just to rule out B deficiency, I treated a plant today with some Boron. I really don't think that's it, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

J

JohnnyButtons

Yes our fertilizer does. Azomite. Its got over 70 trace minerals. Boron being one. . Its also readily available to the plant. Breaks down in less than 2 weeks. They even feed it to feed stock.
Azomite has 29 ppm of Boron. 65.8 ppm of Silicon.

Mineral Analysis Element Analysis con’t. ppm Alumina, Al2O3 11.43% Gold, Au 0.005 Barium oxide, BaO 0.09% Hafnium, Hf 21 Calcium oxide, CaO 3.67% Holmium, Ho 0.6 Carbon, C 0.61% Indium, In 0.01 Chlorine, Cl 0.22% Iodine, I 2.2 Hydrogen, H 0.38% Lead, Pb 6.2 Magnesium oxide, MgO 0.78% Lithium, Li 859 Manganese oxide, MnO2 0.02% Lutetium, Lu 0.5 Nitrogen, N 0.15% Mercury, Hg 0.01 Oxygen, O 0.73% Molybdenum, Mo 12.6 Phosphorus pentoxide, P2O5 0.15% Neodymium, Nd 5.1 Potassium oxide, K2O 5.23% Nickel, Ni 2.6 Silicon dioxide, SiO2 65.85% Niobium, Nb 40 Sodium oxide, Na2O 2.07% Palladium, Pd 0.008 Strontium oxide, SrO 0.03% Praseodymium, Pr 27 Sulfur trioxide, SO3 0.21% Rhenium, Re 0.011 Titanium dioxide, TiO2 0.20% Rhodium, Rh 0.002 Loss on Incineration 6.43% Rubidium, Rb 325 Ruthenium, Ru 0.013 Additional Element Analysis ppm Samarium, Sm 6.2 Antimony, Sb 0.4 Scandium, Sc 2.7 Arsenic, As 1.1 Selenium, Se 0.7 Beryllium, Be 3.3 Silver, Ag 0.005 Bismuth, Bi 3.5 Strontium, Sr 380 Boron, B 29 Sulfur, S 240 Bromine, Br 6.6 Tantalum, Ta 2.7 Cadmium, Cd 0.3 Tellurium, Te 0.022 Cerium, Ce 230 Terbium, Tb 0.8 Cesium, Cs 21.7 Thallium, Tl 5.9 Chromium, Cr 6.1 Thorium, Th 180 Cobalt, Co 22.3 Thulium, Tm 0.6 Copper, Cu 12 Tin, Sn 2.9 Dysprosium, Dy 2.7 Tungsten, W 26 Erbium, Er 1.7 Uranium, U 4 Europium, Eu 3.7 Vanadium, V 7.8 Fluorine, F 900 Ytterbium, Yb 1.4 Gadolinium, Gd 3.7 Yttrium, Y 23 Gallium, Ga 15 Zinc, Zn 64.3 Germanium, Ge 6.1 Zirconium, Zr 62.7
Really interesting fertilizer. I've heard of it before but never used it. I don't know anything about it. I will say many products like this rely on microbial degradation so they are long term products. The downfall to microbial dependant fertilizers is that you're actually crushing you're soil biology. Instead of feeding microbes you're making them work. A proliferation of soil microbes will always return free N, and those microbes form a symbiotic relationship with plants. This is pure speculation but those would be questions I would want answered.

mike1980

mike1980

Definitely symptomatic of P deficiency. That's what I thought at first. The pictures look similar to what everyone else is showing, and it's definitely not P deficient. Someone on here, who is obviously highly educated in soil science believes it to be a Boron deficiency. Imo, it's a virus of some sort. I've seen similar scenarios in turf management. For whatever reason, new biotic stressors show up inexplicably. It takes years, and many people having similar issues, to finally diagnose the problem. This seems to be a trustfully new phenomenon which leads me to believe it isn't a nutrient deficiency that many, many people are all experiencing at the same time. Too coincidental. It's some sort of biotic stress. I don't believe it's fungal or bacterial. All the symptoms point to viral. This is my opinion, but I have solid secondary opinions from well established agricultural and cannabis professionals. Viruses have been detected in cannabis before. I'm am currently looking into pathology labs for potential diagnosis. It's getting to crush time so hopefully I can send something early next week. Viruses are notoriously difficult to diagnose so we'll see.
I was thinking P deficiency because he did a flush and washed everything out of the media (see his posts). I do realize the virus is not deficiency. cheers

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

They claim Azomite is not harmful to the soil, or microbes and also helps fight off fungal, viral, and bacterial infection in the soil, and increases the immune system of the plants.

The use of natural materials such as Azomite® facilitates healthy soil conditions where beneficial microorganisms out-compete pathogens and make growing a profitable crop much easier. Without life-giving microbes in the soil we are in trouble. These microbes contribute to the release of minerals to our crops, the build-up of organic matter, and protection from pathogenic fungi. Complete and balanced mineralization, adequate organic matter, and proper soil moisture are necessary ingredients for healthy, living soil with healthy, beneficial microbes.

AZOMITE can be used to help plants fight against bacteria, viruses, and fungi. As the fungi are reduced, the plant’s immune system gets stronger.

Ive been using it for 20 years as my trace mineral source.

Top Bottom