Dark Purple Disease Affecting New Growth?

• Thread starter browntrout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RLB

Try Defguard it's both a biofungicide/bactericide. It worked for me when some bugs left one of my plants a nasty bacterial infection.

IMG 20190730 122624
Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Stop repeating shit you hear on the internet, you have no clue what you're talking about. Scott's owns General Hydro.

Hyzer-dick - just because you've been under a rock for the last 5 years doesn't mean you can get on the inter net and act like you're an asshole.

A quick google to put your foot back in your mouth where it belongs..... wait for it........ are you ready:

"The Company's Scotts®, Miracle-Gro® and Ortho® brands are market-leading in their categories, as is the consumer Roundup® brand, which is marketed in the U.S. and certain other countries by Scotts and owned by Monsanto. "

They in bed together - and under the covers is your favorite brand of candy juice you like to feed your plants General Hydro.

How that foot taste now? Yer welcome.

B

browntrout

Hyzer-dick - just because you've been under a rock for the last 5 years doesn't mean you can get on the inter net and act like you're an asshole.

A quick google to put your foot back in your mouth where it belongs..... wait for it........ are you ready:

"The Company's Scotts®, Miracle-Gro® and Ortho® brands are market-leading in their categories, as is the consumer Roundup® brand, which is marketed in the U.S. and certain other countries by Scotts and owned by Monsanto. "

They in bed together - and under the covers is your favorite brand of candy juice you like to feed your plants General Hydro.

How that foot taste now? Yer welcome.

To all: This thread isn't for purchasing opinions, the purpose is to share experiences and hypothesize potential fixes without bringing emotions.

As well if you are unfamiliar with this issue and have not read the whole thread please refrain from posting until you have done so, it is becoming cumbersome when newcomers ask the same questions that have been previously answered. This should be as clear and concise as possible in order to avoid muddying the waters.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Taked to my buddy today. Gonna go to his place here in a few.

MASSIVE PURPLE in most of his stuff. Some starting in others. Probably got at least 200 plants. He pulled them, and incinerated most of them. He left a couple for me to look at.
This makes about 6 years in a row.

D

Dougb420

I've read about half the post. Just wanted to say I got this problem with two of my girls and I'm In southern Ontario near lake erie. both in fabric pots. The smaller of the two seemed to of grown past it alittle better but it was/still is going through whatver this is.

20190803 191824
Woodscrew

Woodscrew

Gotcha, I’ll see what I can do here with the local ag school as my state is legal and the University I have in mind does this service for farmers. . I believe I’ve been seeing this for years but it’s never progressed past being a nuisance and me losing a branch here and there. Its certainly been a a battle here with the leaf spot the last 10 or so years so I’d hate to have some new devastating ailment to deal with if it does progress beyond a nuisance. Anyhow I’ll keep you posted.

B

browntrout

Gotcha, I’ll see what I can do here with the local ag school as my state is legal and the University I have in mind does this service for farmers. . I believe I’ve been seeing this for years but it’s never progressed past being a nuisance and me losing a branch here and there. Its certainly been a a battle here with the leaf spot the last 10 or so years so I’d hate to have some new devastating ailment to deal with if it does progress beyond a nuisance. Anyhow I’ll keep you posted.

It would be great if you did that. We'd all much appreciate it i'm sure. Do you have any pictures to share of yours?

D

Dougb420

I've got lots of pictures of mine. The dead stuff is kinda old growth now..but it was severely stunted.

B

browntrout

Here is some photos from today. I pulled some males and had a good look at the roots, I cannot see any signs of nematodes, maybe my eye is trained well enough.
67807474 650122192165701 5495810104370397184 n

67807474 650122192165701 5495810104370397184 n

The Chitosan in the form of bud factor x has showed some increase in growth rate but hasn't done a whole lot for the purple. It's always funny to see that plants that semi-autos and in/out of flower/veg don't ever really get this. As well some of my earlier plants that have been flowering week/plus seem to straighten themselves out a bit.

Here is a weird growth I noticed on the stem:
67727920 368524480501527 6258115706479443968 n
67657241 2770266626336520 7913229045309898752 n

And here is a LA Confidential x Tripleberry that is growing quite healthy with minimal purple in the same spot.
68364593 2248999852097075 6381035132165292032 n

68423744 877755509257086 5458177596627877888 n
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Gascanastan/Swami Organic Seeds says he's all but certain, it is a Broadmite Infestestion, and they cause Phytoplasmas. Takes at least a 60x scope to see them.

Very little will kill them, that isnt poison, and not usable during flowering.

Avid can kill them. They get inside the stem, and most products will only kill whats on the outside.
Heat will also kill them. 115 degrees.

B

browntrout

Gascanastan/Swami Organic Seeds says he's all but certain, it is a Broadmite Infestestion, and they cause Phytoplasmas. Takes at least a 60x scope to see them.

Very little will kill them, that isnt poison, and not usable during flowering.

Avid can kill them. They get inside the stem, and most products will only kill whats on the outside.
Heat will also kill them. 115 degrees.

Interesting, I was looking for my jewelers loop today to have a peak after I seen some more weird growths on another stalk.

I'm unsure if 60x would even do it, it's hard enough to see spider mites with 60.

Our temps would completely max out at 95F here.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

From what Ive researched, chemical wise, AVID is the most effective treatment for this malady, and it cannot be used if they are flowering. Vegging only, ad is gone in 48 days, or less. It is also Devastating to BEE's, and they have enough problems already. Avid has a 21 day effective treatment period. Broadmites have a 10-12 days breeding cycle.

On other mites/insects ect, AVID is usually rotated with Floramite, But FM is Ineffective vs Broadmites. Indoors it is recommended to drive the temps to 115 for 15 minutes, have fans on, really good ventilation, and do this 2x a week, until gone. 115 degrees will kill them. But it usually has to be done repeated several times.

Syngenta is the company name.

They are owned by ChemChina. I don't know if that worse than Monsanto, or not. I just know chemically, AVID is the most effective treatment, and should be started early, and for preventative vs treatment after infection. Though it will still kill them. Only seems logical to just go ahead, and treat them, vs losing 200 plants.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Nope, Im just telling you what can work. I didn't say use it, and I also said it can be devastating to bees, and aquatic life. If one did use it, it should not be done around any water, Gardens or orchards, or any place with large bee populations.

Very, very little will kill a Broadmite.

Last edited:
B

browntrout

I have a 100x-250x scope coming so I will have a look. I'm unsure how effective avid will be in an outdoor enviro, but yes I agree it is one of the more potent options we have.

Avid has been used by some indoor friends and takes constant multiple treatments along with other treatments to rid spidermites, gnats etc.

Would be interesting to see if it had any effect so late in the game.

It's easy for others to make a stink of using products like these when they have a lot less riding on the success of plants or have not encountered such infuriating issues.

Top Bottom