DD inspired bubblebins

• Thread starter jack the reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jack the reaper

sorry guys, WA Cascades got over a yard of fresh pow this week and they needed me to help blast it all over the place!
sick boardin..
the girls are lookin good, a touch N deficient just in time for their next feed. they are on .7 dose of GH three part + floraliscious. they are also enjoying 2.5 ml/gal of sm90.
i ended up lowering the drain towers by an inch in two increments in 1 week, i also added the top feed 24/7 (with the main pumps) but throttled back to 15 mins every 2 hours and they are REALLY starting to look good.
Lost-- TONS of air, check!
i like the small cube tech. i have always used them but i thought i remembered DD writing that he got his higher yields with the 4x4s. can you get 3lb in the small 2x2s?

brookstown-- supposedly the "sm" in sm90 stands for spider mite, its supposed to be a natural pesticide i think, i dont have flys buzzing around so i think im ok... dunno

J

jack the reaper

are you going to top feed all the way through?

yes, i intend to top feed all the way. i am using a cycle timer and the girls get top feed about 20 mins every 2 hours, i might throttle back to about 10mins/ 2 hours.

J

jack the reaper

yellowing leaves

so, this yellowing of leaves has been consistent for the last few weeks and i am sure it isnt nute-def.
i think it is overwatering and was happening before i lowered the drain towers. i started cycling the top feed but noticed that a few of my net pots were overflowing!?
the roots must have COMPLETELY filled the bottom of the net pots, or enough to impede the return of the water. those rockwool cubes must be constantly soaked.
the most affected plants are seriously stunted, notice how nice Elis and Esther look after their slow start. i think their lesser developed root systems havent impeded the drainage and they are lookin strong.

anybody seen this before? any ideas whats going on with this yellowing situation? the girls are getting a weekly rinse of h2o and sm-90 and i have been adding h2o2 at 1ml/gal daily. they are at .8 of the GH 3part bloom formula (1350ppm) and the pH has been low 5.5 but i have been pushing it up to 6.0 and letting it drift back down to 5.6 till i boost back up.

IMG 1460
IMG 1462
IMG 1464
IMG 1465
IMG 1466
IMG 1467
IMG 1469
IMG 1470
IMG 1471
IMG 1468
M

mrdizzle

When I had root rot the leaves did that exact same thing, If the rockwool was soaked then if could have creeped in, fight hard and check those roots 3times a day. keep with the sm90, hope they turn around, they look great otherwise

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
First I must say that despite the yellowing, those trees and colas are wicked brah! :rock

Second, I agree with mrdizzle and I had experienced root rot in my first round in hydro... somewhat similar symptoms. On the other hand, your leaves look like a N def... almost like my 4th round nearing the final flush, where I underfed my girls with too little CalMag in soil. If your roots are good, PPM's are good, maybe the pH is locking something out. When was the last time you flushed? :thinking

J

jack the reaper

i did a 24hr flush last weekend with h2o and then another 24hr flush last night where i removed half the solution and replaced it with h2o. i guess i could try more of the GROW portion of the GH 3part, right now they are getting 4ml/gal.
my nutes:
8ml flora micro
4ml flora grow
12ml flora bloom
4ml floralicious bloom
2.5ml SM-90
1ml H2O2
per gallon of water. this is .8 of the recommended dosage in the attached schedule.

S

socalsinner

Root Rot did it for me too when i was using a drip system in dutch buckets. My nutes were not cold enough was my issue.

M

mrdizzle

thats not N def, those leaves are bright yellow. I would cut the topfeed and flush through the buckets with some sm90

J

jack the reaper

top feed cut. i will be switching to the netpots that are full mesh in the future, and i am determined to switch to the 2x2 rockwool cubes in the future, the plants just need an early transplant into the netpots and hydroton and it should be solid.
my solution temp is 72 degrees these days and i cant figure it out. the filter is clean, i think my pump is too strong. its a 1300gph pump and i think i remember reading that the manufacturer recommends a 500-750 pump, got a replacement on the way.
so many variables...

M

mrdizzle

yea if the water moves to fast it doesnt cool enough. 72 is right on the boarderline, can you drop it down or is the chiller maxed out

J

jack the reaper

its hard to tell but these are NOT trees. i would call the bigger ones bushes and all the rest shrubs. they arent tall at all and i wouldnt necessarily refer to the larger ones as "big".
they look ok in person but somehow the fotos turn out pretty sexy, i guess thats the camera, maybe the photographer a little bit too ;^)

J

jack the reaper

yea if the water moves to fast it doesnt cool enough. 72 is right on the boarderline, can you drop it down or is the chiller maxed out

not sure i follow u dizz, sorry.
drop WHAT? down?

the chiller is set at 60. my water is like 55 at the tap and the first 12 hours or so is the only time the chiller is off. the water warms to +60 and the chiller runs for days, till i add solution mid week and the temp is reset to 55ish.

i think i will try to reduce the outlet on the chiller return hose till my new pump arrives. this should slow the flow AND blast harder into the res and produce more bubbles.

M

mrdizzle

I was saying if your water temp was 72 then you should drop the temp on the chiller down, but if its at 60 then its as low as it can go Im sure.

J

jack the reaper

i cranked the chiller all the way down, to 39 degrees! lets see if that makes a difference.
i also stuffed a reducer in the end of the hose and then filled a 5 gallon bucket inside my res in 50 seconds, so, help me with the math:
5 gallons / 50 sec = 6 gallons / minute = 360 gallons / hour

360 gph is 1/4-1/5th the rated 1300 gph of the pump, this should also make a big difference.

i thought the chiller had a thermostat setting, if i set it for 60 it runs till the temp is 60 then shuts off. i am not sure the setting it on the lowest setting is gonna make a difference but somethin tells me we are about to find out.

Top Bottom