DD inspired bubblebins

• Thread starter jack the reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

hopefully that does this trick for you, how much longer do they have?

J

jack the reaper

yeah, thanx dizz.
not quite sure, they are going through the first phase of maturity right now it appears. the flowers are browning and new clusters of buds are forming in points and crowns on top of the more mature colas. this is my first time with her, and also her first time in a rdwc system. i recon 2,3 or 4 weeks out. i would like another month to see her completely beast out.
anyway, i am feeding .8 now, .9 next week then i want to see if they will tolerate a full dose of nutes at 100% and then maybe try GHs Aggressive bloom recipe and the ripen recipe before flush, time permitting.

B

bakershredhead

Hey fellow WaBra!!! Yes April was sick!!! Best pow of the year. If your using GH or any other nutes line http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm . It has a nutrient calculator and suggested levels of chemicals for marijuana. It's dope you can taylor any nutes to exactly what you want. Takes the guessing out of just adding nutes by what the manufacturer says. Your plants should be able to take more nutes then what they are getting. I have some stand alone buckets not recirc that I just dump nutes in and I checked one the other day and it was at 3.2 ec which is about 2000ppm and it was fine. I'm figuring out this whole mpb bucket thing also right now so set back are normal. My plants are more like bushes also from me shocking the hell outta them twice with all the light. By the way sm 90 is good stuff. You could also get the hydro fungicide that DD uses. Be careful with H2o2 is was adding to much to my res and you can see that it started burning the plants.

J

jack the reaper

Hey fellow WaBra!!! Yes April was sick!!! Best pow of the year. If your using GH or any other nutes line http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm . It has a nutrient calculator and suggested levels of chemicals for marijuana. It's dope you can taylor any nutes to exactly what you want. Takes the guessing out of just adding nutes by what the manufacturer says. Your plants should be able to take more nutes then what they are getting. I have some stand alone buckets not recirc that I just dump nutes in and I checked one the other day and it was at 3.2 ec which is about 2000ppm and it was fine. I'm figuring out this whole mpb bucket thing also right now so set back are normal. My plants are more like bushes also from me shocking the hell outta them twice with all the light. By the way sm 90 is good stuff. You could also get the hydro fungicide that DD uses. Be careful with H2o2 is was adding to much to my res and you can see that it started burning the plants.

thanx shred!
i am unfortunately going to begin the final phase in my room about 2 weeks early, i have lost this battle with pythium and have notices a colapse of my most healthy plants. i need to salvage what i can;(
pix and report in the next week.

J

jack the reaper

thanx shred!
i am unfortunately going to begin the final phase in my room about 2 weeks early, i have lost this battle with pythium and have noticed a collapse of my most healthy plants. i need to salvage what i can;(

Apache69

Apache69

thanx shred!
i am unfortunately going to begin the final phase in my room about 2 weeks early, i have lost this battle with pythium and have noticed a collapse of my most healthy plants. i need to salvage what i can;(

Bummer man!

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I am so sorry to hear that bro,
I hope they produce something for yeah.
Good luck.

E

easypleasie

Damn bro, that blows! Such sad news...hope the salvaging gets you by.

J

jack the reaper

Jacks back with a tale of

boneheaded bungling and amazing survival.

damned roots are FINE, not white, more like the color of GHnutes.
my issue was HEAT related, and i feel like a total PUTZ!
something from the first chapter in the "How too..." book.
so, i salvaged two that had just wilted beyond repair, and i am kinda bummed. the rest are looking from pretty good to quite remarkable right now, after a good rinse i have them on a half strength bloom blend (600ppm) and my lights are to the ceiling with a temp of 81F in the room. see if we cant squeeze some more flower production out of these girls.

try to get some good pix when the lights are off tomorrow.

THANKS FOR THE WELLWISHINGS!
jr

H

happyinmendo

Mello, if myco fungae go anaerobic then they are just as bad as aerobic myco are good. Bioslime then also becomes a problem. High salts above 400ppm kill beneficials if salinity causes them to dehydrate too much until they die.

I've had plants do this too, generally I cut their water down and or moved water away from crown, typically crown is too wet. Its a great idea to avoid rockwool if possible by removing it from water allow crown to stay dry well above water.

The other option would be to start removing media around base of crown to keep even humidity low and dry base will allow it to harden and fix itself.

Common problem with people doing kbs. Its too saturated too long.

H

happyinmendo

How about lowering temp in the room to 72 and just ride it out... at the very least you will make it to the end with your water not gaining so much heat from the room. I see your problem being not enough flow back to keep the individual buckets cool enough.

This is the exact reason most people switched from nft kbs to coco/hydroton. They were having problems with the water getting too warm and just didn't want to hassle with it anymore.

You will need to run more water to the roots and avoid getting crown moist. Lower temps in the room, which will lower your humidity but will probably be a good thing late in flower.

J

jack the reaper

How about lowering temp in the room to 72 and just ride it out... at the very least you will make it to the end with your water not gaining so much heat from the room. I see your problem being not enough flow back to keep the individual buckets cool enough.

This is the exact reason most people switched from nft kbs to coco/hydroton. They were having problems with the water getting too warm and just didn't want to hassle with it anymore.

You will need to run more water to the roots and avoid getting crown moist. Lower temps in the room, which will lower your humidity but will probably be a good thing late in flower.

by crown do you mean the part of the roots at the bottom of the rockwool cube?
and you are saying the problem is that the crown stays too wet?
i know that some of my baskets were so packed with roots that the baskets filled up (they are the baskets with JUST an inch of mesh at the bottom) with water and the cubes were constantly soaked.
switching to baskets with more mesh to facilitate drainage should help.
i had considered turning off more lights but right now its steady 81F in there and they look tons happier. new buds stacking on top of mature flowers, filling out. gotta watch these temps as spring progresses.

i actually think its too dry during the light phase and have configured the timer on my dehu to keep it off during the light phase.

FLB

FLB

from everything I have read, when air is introduced via air stones or running aeroponic all the dissolved oxygen makes the bene's reproduce very rapidly thus making the ph and ppms run rampant. I was having major issues with my ph until I cut it out. Bacillus is the culperit. Although it has it's benefits, it is not good for all systems. This kicked my butt for a long time

J

jack the reaper

from everything I have read, when air is introduced via air stones or running aeroponic all the dissolved oxygen makes the bene's reproduce very rapidly thus making the ph and ppms run rampant. I was having major issues with my ph until I cut it out. Bacillus is the culperit. Although it has it's benefits, it is not good for all systems. This kicked my butt for a long time

yeah, these "supercharged" systems are no joke, the things the plants need are RIGHT THERE, in abundance. bacteria and fungi take advantage of that too.

im thinking i like the UV light filter and sterile conditions in the res over the bacteria colony school of thought. i want to start a thread about UV filtration, its upsides and downsides.
photos loading...

C

ColasQueen

JTR, wondering if you trim these girlz? Seems like they all have lots of cola tops :-)
Do you trim all fingerlings/branches and just let the mian ones grow or if you just let em go?
Kush right?
Ciao,
CQ

J

jack the reaper

JTR, wondering if you trim these girlz? Seems like they all have lots of cola tops :-)
Do you trim all fingerlings/branches and just let the mian ones grow or if you just let em go?
Kush right?
Ciao,
CQ

they were trimed and a little branchy when i got them(see pix from start of thread)
then as the branches grew out to the cage i gave 'em a lil "pull through"
the sides of those branches grew up and became TONS of bud sites.
Elis and Esther werent large enough at the time to train through like that, but as they grew they kinda did it on their own.

J

jack the reaper

oooooh!

Jack received a gift from the kind neighbor of Northern Linus. :volcano:
awwww yeah! thanks kind neighbor!!

Top Bottom