DD inspired bubblebins

• Thread starter jack the reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jack the reaper

swapped solution
they are on a .9 strength "Aggressive Bloom" dose (using Ghs expert recirc. chart)
they responded well to the flush (expected yellowing)
and .45 strength dose (decreased yellowing)
and the leaf droppage has reduced dramatically.
the smaller plants are swelling up nice, the larger ones are quite impressive.
im interested to see how long they will continue boosting flowers.

C

Coxie

harvets time?

Hey Jack,

How much longer before harvest? Nice flowers bro.

L

Loudblunts

oooooooooooooooo nice setup!!!

nice grow!!!!

now i see why you were inquiring....

you still having the problem? im willing to say that your plants suffered from lack of DO... water temps were too high....not to mention a combination of fungus gnats...well not actually the adults, but the larvae themselves. eat and eat at roots and you dont even know it til its too late. i had a prob with that so it kinda looks identical.... hope not :(

what kinda chiller do you have? you had it set at 60 and it warmed up to 72? wow... something aint right about that. mind if i take a stab?

and also, be very careful with that physan20

J

jack the reaper

Hey Jack,

How much longer before harvest? Nice flowers bro.

im comin round the final bend, they were really stressed but i like the situation now, might be 2 more weeks.

J

jack the reaper

oooooooooooooooo nice setup!!!

nice grow!!!!

now i see why you were inquiring....

you still having the problem? im willing to say that your plants suffered from lack of DO... water temps were too high....not to mention a combination of fungus gnats...well not actually the adults, but the larvae themselves. eat and eat at roots and you dont even know it til its too late. i had a prob with that so it kinda looks identical.... hope not :(

what kinda chiller do you have? you had it set at 60 and it warmed up to 72? wow... something aint right about that. mind if i take a stab?

and also, be very careful with that physan20

no Physan20, just SM-90
the chiller is a Hydrofarm model HG CH 1/2. its a 1/2 hp and it is in charge of cooling a 80gal res and 11 10gal bins (total water about 240gal including the water in the pipes). my circulation is about 30-50gal a minute.

i was running 400s on top of the corner plants and the temps spiked to 99 in the corners during a warm spell here and the plants wilted. i have the 400s off now, and the two 1000s in the middle only run for the last 6 hours of the light cycle. this has the temps under control. i am about to start super cooling during the dark phase to try to enhance coloring. if i let the AC run for an extra hour after the lights go off the temp should stay below 60 all nite.

i might want to get another 1/2hp chiller or step up to a horse, but right now it appears i have righted the ship.

i still have intrest in:
-cool waterfall effects/oxygenators including skimmer type devices.
-experiments with SCUBA nitrox to oxygenate the root system.
-and UV filters in the res to eliminate bacteria.

L

Loudblunts

i'd get a jbj 1/2hp artica chiller and call it a day.... or if they dont go up that big go with their commercial line....

imma little skeptical of hydrofarm's line

as long as you have a waterfall aka something thas breaking surface tension, that should be fine. oxygenators/skimmers wont be of much use to us in hydroponics.

nitrox to oxygenate the root system would be unnecessary, imho. if you want something like that, just get you a big ass air pump....or maybe a sweetwater regen blower

like i said in the other thread, that UV aint really necessary...however... should you choose to do so, those JBJ uv sterilizer (submer) are nice!!

again, very very very nice!!!

J

jack the reaper

they were trimed and a little branchy when i got them(see pix from start of thread)
then as the branches grew out to the cage i gave 'em a lil "pull through"
the sides of those branches grew up and became TONS of bud sites.
Elis and Esther werent large enough at the time to train through like that, but as they grew they kinda did it on their own.

i guess the best answer to this is no, the plants do not NEED to be trimed or trained in this type of system, there gonna BEAST. some strains beast in a more favorable/controlable manner and are better suited to this style of grow.
i have trimmed, lollipopped, supercharged, trained, topped, bottomed, pruned, staked up, strapped down, spread apart and manipulated all different types of plants in the past and its been fun, but these days i want to put a rooted and vegged plant 2 feet tall into this flower room in a mesh sleeve kinda like a x-mas tree to bring the branches in closer to the stalk, place the cage down around it and fasten it down, then remove the mesh steeve and let the 2 footer fill up the bottom of the cage with its branches then pull a few of the longer branches through the cage and just start increasing the light and nutes from 50% strength to 100% in a few weeks. badda BOOM!

but, by all means, if you want to train a plant to make it adapt better to this system or something you are free to, i just dont think its neccessary.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Dr. Jack B. LongNuggets

Nice work JTR.....dialing it in....bravo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom