Denver's new Cash Cow

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

The time is upon us and the Denver law makers are putting together their plan to tax the recreational marijuana industry. It's looking like they are going to settle on a plan to impose a 15% excise tax, a 10% state wide tax and the Denver City Council is discussing adding a city tax between 5 and 15% which would have to be approved by voters in November.
Hmmm....looking like there is going to be at least a 30% tax and maybe more. So if a recreational outlet it selling and oz for $150 the final transaction after tax would be $195. I'm thinking that will keep a lot of peeps in the black market. With cities and counties having the right to impose a moratorium making it hard to access and the state limiting the size of purchase thinking it is gonna be more trouble than it's worth to go to a legal facility.
You can bet that if you go in one of these outlets that the gov't is going to know how often you visit, how much you purchase and keep a record of it. I would also be willing to bet that after a year or so they will loose track of everything and have to raise taxes even more to help cover the expenses of an inept system.
Bottom line....wanta fuck up a good thing, just add the Government in to the equation.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

and med users are exempt of all said taxes....

that 60$ rec by a doctor is sounding mighty beneficial if your a snob not growin your own. otherwise i bet you wont care haha

putembk

putembk

I think the $150 oz will still be $150, the retail will just eat the tax and net $105 bucks per oz....exactly how they do the med side now..
Will be interesting to see what that number actually is in order to turn a profit. Don't think $100/oz will work unless there is a lot going out the back door. Lots of entrepreneurs are going to find out the cost of operating a legit business is a lot more than you think.
As a consumer I wouldn't want to be tracked by the gov't and am thinking given the option most cities and counties won't all an outlet in the first place.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
We do pay a local and state sales tax but not all that silly excise and special local tax action...

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Will be interesting to see what that number actually is in order to turn a profit. Don't think $100/oz will work unless there is a lot going out the back door. Lots of entrepreneurs are going to find out the cost of operating a legit business is a lot more than you think.
As a consumer I wouldn't want to be tracked by the gov't and am thinking given the option most cities and counties won't all an outlet in the first place.
you have credit cards??? a mortgage?? a car loan?? obviously you have an internet connection

youre already being tracked buddy. if they ever want to know anything its a couple keystrokes to them to your entire past.

putembk

putembk

you have credit cards??? a mortgage?? a car loan?? obviously you have an internet connection

youre already being tracked buddy. if they ever want to know anything its a couple keystrokes to them to your entire past.
I know that!! There are a lot of closet smokers still out there that don't want to associate themselves to a system that tracks users.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Theres still a med scene in CO? They better start selling that no tax aspect or its bye bye mmj. Actually its inevitable. MMJ is a thing of the past in CO. Just needs to filter its way out. Shit I haven't had a card in a few years.

Big brother can track my cock going into its big ol money grubbing mouth!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

The med scene will stay for a little.

First rec shops will be 50 an 8th for b grade like 06-09. Callin it now watch.

They have no reason to sell ogs for ten a gram, they can tell em fuck off haha. Already heard a few heads with that plan.

Y'all talking 150 a zip hahahaha. It's rec!! Of course those people will cash in until the competition really settles in. Try 300 a zip... Still goes for that all day up here in the mountains, why woul they sell for less? They won't.

putembk

putembk

I still have a current red card. Don't really know why. Thinking it might give some extra protection. Got it in May and have is stuffed in a drawer, don't carry it with me and don't know what I would even use it for. Maybe some day I will wander into a dispensary just to say hi....

muir

muir

I am on the local "task force" writing the recommendations on recreational regs for the town board of trustees. It looks like Ned won't be putting any further taxes recreational mj.

muir

muir

The med scene will stay for a little.

First rec shops will be 50 an 8th for b grade like 06-09. Callin it now watch.

They have no reason to sell ogs for ten a gram, they can tell em fuck off haha. Already heard a few heads with that plan.

Y'all talking 150 a zip hahahaha. It's rec!! Of course those people will cash in until the competition really settles in. Try 300 a zip... Still goes for that all day up here in the mountains, why woul they sell for less? They won't.
300 bux? in what mountains?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

300 bux? in what mountains?
everywhere even nederland.

was in a shop cause i was up there and outta herb last week, 12 bucks a G first timer no coupons nothin, and it was the most buju fucking junk ive ever gotten.

not even kidding, the 2$ poker i bought was the highlight of that trip.

every mountain. look at weedmaps or leafly and the prices of herb up here. its fuckin ridic compared to denver.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

yeah just looked, high country healing in summit is maxing out good strains at a quarter for 80$. so 320 for a zip. of maybe decent middle to lower plant nugs. hahahaha.

#friendsdontletfriendssmokedispensaryweed

muir

muir

news flash.

nobody, NOBODY that is from Ned....... goes in a dispensary in Nederland unless they are a total looser with no local friends...... unless they are like me to buy a pot drink.

muir

muir

I honestly know zero locals that shop in local dispensaries. There are no locals that own them, they don't sell ned bud, they sell warehouse garbage.

putembk

putembk

Brings up a good point, how many towns/counties will actually allow rec outlets. Ned, Aspen, Telluride.... Who is gonna drive 100 miles round trip when they can just call the "Guy" and pick it up down the block.

muir

muir

putembk---->when I had Harvest House open I had folks driving from all over the state.

.....And to be sure. When the Ned Recreational Rules and Regs on Rec MJ come out jaws will drop.

sky high

sky high

We'll keep renewing the card and taking the extra count it offers, by law. I'm >already< on their list via a couple of busts and some fun traffic stops over the years....:rolleyes: so hey....I'm certainly not gonna forego the only thing that has offered me protection from arrest in the past. Others may see it differently. To each their own.

Top Bottom