Denver's new Cash Cow

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

news flash.

nobody, NOBODY that is from Ned....... goes in a dispensary in Nederland unless they are a total looser with no local friends...... unless they are like me to buy a pot drink.
So I don't understand where we switched subjects. Weren't we talking rec storefronts??? Who said anything about home grows in Ned??

And pretty sure if you're just in town visiting you're not gonna know that guy, so once again I just don't see this point.

putembk

putembk

putembk---->when I had Harvest House open I had folks driving from all over the state.

.....And to be sure. When the Ned Recreational Rules and Regs on Rec MJ come out jaws will drop.
Explain??? By the way, Ned would be the place. Love it there. Remember when there was a hippie commune there in the 60's. But that is just one place not the whole state.

muir

muir

think legalized/licensed home grows...... for a clue as to what this might look like, check out People's Initiative that will be on the ballot in the fall. There maybe movement on these issues sooner though.

putembk

putembk

think legalized home grows......
Next it will be legalized prostitution, drinking in the streets....what else are you guys going to vote in before the feds come in and take it away. You can only go so far and the hammer will come crashing down.

muir

muir

read the initiative for a better idea of the shape of things to come in Ned.

as to the hammer of the feds, I think it will fall on the many 1000plus light grow ops down south before they fuck with a case with little assets to seize in comparison.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

The whole problem was society feeling the need to put right and wrong in plain writing and take away extenuating circumstances in any case.

Common sense is a thing of the past

muir

muir

the point in my post was that Ned will not be further taxing pot

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

But do they have a choice on a state tax level?? I mean you can try, but county taxes I think are the least of em all right?

muir

muir

we all have a choice on the taxation of rec mj, the choice comes this november when we are asked as required by TABOR, if we want to tax rec mj.

putembk

putembk

Getting interesting. So the state is going to allow legal home grows and let you forgo the tax and all rules and regs that accompany it. That's it I'm gonna move there just like 10,000 others with the same idea. We can all sell pot out of our garage. You are right people will come from everywhere. Sounds like paradise. Hope you get it done.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Tax it great....Come to underground, way better, way cheaper, know your grower, growers, keep it small, simple, a few zips here and there, qp a few up, no need for greed or huge grow op, small quality limited to a few dedicated buyers, if everybody treats each other right win win except for the fucking assholes who want to tax it, and regulate the shit out of. another way to revolt, non violent...They want the $$ witout doing anybody any good except themselves....QUALITY will never go un sold.....Pute knows what I mean, perfect example, loves to grow, keeps it small, few know, if he chooses to supply the peeps he supplies love it and wont rat him out, keeps the good thing going...Sky donates extra, I help really sick folks, free, great thing if ya don't get stupid.
Not getting rich, but a few extra bucks sure helps and best of its QUALITY...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

If i was a cashcropper in colorado id be pretty happy now,you could sell OZ'ers for 200 and no tax and crush the legal guys selling for 300+tax,50 an eigth vs. 50 a quarter is a no brainer.
Seems the first guys to turn on the homegrowers will be fellow pothead dispensary owners trying to crush their competition,probably already have lobbyists on the payroll.I dont think Feds have layed all their cards on the table yet either but ive been wrong on that one so far,they havent even touched colorado in comparison to the carnage they have done in california and its not because of your 'rules' or constitution either,that shit is not even admissable in federal court,colorado laws mean zero to the feds.
Support your local quality growers,fuck the man!

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
What a cluster. Now the director of the MMED quits today. Im sure she sees something coming down the road

FiveAM

FiveAM

I still have a current red card. Don't really know why. Thinking it might give some extra protection. Got it in May and have is stuffed in a drawer, don't carry it with me and don't know what I would even use it for. Maybe some day I will wander into a dispensary just to say hi....

this made me laugh..it was the "just to say hi" part too.. lol

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
If I did not grow my own id be more than happy to pay 200 for a zip of buds like Pute and Sky, and mine,,thrilled!!!!!
So treat folks like you wish to be treated and you cant go wrong...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2013/07/marijuana_denver_to_vote_on_sa.php

Maybe not......
Marijuana: Denver's projected revenues from recreational pot won't cover expenditures

By Wax Jones Tue., Jul. 9 2013 at 6:54 AM
32 Comments
Categories: Marijuana, Mile Highs and Lows

denver.city.council.JPG

Graphs and charts below.
How much pot is going to be sold next year in Colorado as a result of Amendment 64 is one of the great unknowns giving officials a headacheas they try to predict tax revenues -- and costs associated with legalizing the once-forbidden plant are another. The City of Denver's financial department took a shot in the dark and presented its estimates of expenditures and revenues to a Denver City Council committee yesterday. The council is currently considering a flexible 5 percent sales tax with the possibility of increasing it to 10 to 15 percent.

When added to proposed state taxes, that would mean a 25 percent tax for the consumer. This is comparable to the tax on cigarettes, which ranges from 14 to 23 percent depending on the price per pack, according to Cary Kennedy, Denver's chief financial officer.
"Everything you are going to see is a forecast and it's a forecast without a base," Kennedy told councilmembers. "We don't have any experience on recreational marijuana sales, so the analyst from the budget office relied heavily on the state's assumptions when they calculated their estimates and forecasts."

With a 5 percent sales tax, the tax revenues for the city from recreational marijuana sales is predicted to be about $9.2 million -- but the projected expenditures are almost $9.4 million.
"All of our city agencies and the mayor have been actively engaged in making sure, along with all of you [city council], that we have responsible implementation and that the city provides appropriate regulation, enforcement, education, public safety and public health services so that we get this right here in Denver," Kennedy said. "But really, this is going to take a couple years of experience before we're really going to have a clear understanding on both the revenue side as well as the expenditure side."
denver.expenditure.revenues.jpg

The expenditures break down into a variety of expenses under three main categories: regulation, enforcement, and health and education.

denver.enforcement.graph.jpg

For the enforcement section, the city will hire a multitude of employees -- including an additional attorney, four additional excise and licensing inspectors, two more planning and development personnel, two park rangers and 11.5 police officers.

denver.regulation.graph.jpg

The regulation portion calls for seven additional planning and development employees, four excise and licensing staffers, four health inspectors, one fire inspector, and 14.5 police officers, six of which will be specifically for traffic and DUI's.

denver.health.graph.jpg

The health and education portion also includes several new staff members, a youth awareness advertising campaign and a new Denver Cares van, which would transport intoxicated people to a detox facility.
Robin_Kniech_website.jpg

Councilwoman Robin Kniech.
This was the first time that councilmembers had seen the expenditures as a whole, and they have a variety of concerns about the projected costs.

"It seems to me that there is probably a consensus here about the need to cover the cost of regulation," councilwoman Robin Kniech said. "I'm still struggling with the assumptions of what's inside the regulations, though, and what's additional. For example, every new dollar in revenue in not a new dollar in users; it's not that no one used marijuana yesterday, and today, now they're all using."
Currently there are six detectives and one sergeant assigned specifically to medical marijuana cases, and under the proposal there will be 26 officers assigned to recreational marijuana. That, she said, is like the committee assuming a four times increase in marijuana usage with legalization.
Other criticisms concerned the high cost of regulation and enforcement compared to the low costs of health and education.
"This [health and education] pie chart is the one I think that is the most underestimated," said councilwoman Jeanne Faatz, who had a particular issue with the amount being contributed to mental health. Under the current proposal, the city will fund three of eleven mental health centers at schools.
The July 8 presentation was just a proposal; the actual budget and expenditures do not have to be determined until the end of August, which gives the city's financial team time to consider the suggestions made by the council.
The tax rate, however, is a pressing issue: The vote on that is scheduled for the July 29 Denver City Council meeting. And at least among the councilmembers at yesterday's meeting, there seems to be a consensus of starting out with a 5 percent sales tax rate, with the possibility of increasing it to 10 to 15 percent. But the council vote won't be the final word; the proposed Denver sales tax would then have to go to the ballot in November, when Coloradans will also be voting on state taxes on recreational marijuana.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The health and education portion also includes several new staff members, a youth awareness advertising campaign and a new Denver Cares van, which would transport intoxicated people to a detox facility.

WTF?????
Get baked and go to Detox???

Latest posts

Top Bottom