desperately In need of advice!

• Thread starter ayeob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

okay, sorry for all the questions just never experienced or see leaves change so fast at the end of the harvest. like one all my leaves were still green.
I think we cut you back a week or so early is why it happened so fast. Its hard to say though for sure.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you’ll be fine.. the timing of all the leaves yellowing/dying and harvest time is fine..🤞
yes it happened quicker because you were going to harvest early and now your not, but feeding it more at this point will only cause problems..
if anything but i know you can’t is raise the light..
you’ll be fine going as is..

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yes to the above. Relax Brother! You made it to the end. Just let her finish ripening out and harvest!!

The only work you still have is trimming and curing. From what I've read you seem to have the basic idea seeing as how you've already dried and cured a run so you were able to draw from that experience to better be able to get your flower where you want it.

The last task after trim and cure is to begin planning your next grow. That planning should also include some time to reflect on what you've learned......and what you've unlearned.

ayeob

ayeob

you’ll be fine.. the timing of all the leaves yellowing/dying and harvest time is fine..🤞
yes it happened quicker because you were going to harvest early and now your not, but feeding it more at this point will only cause problems..
if anything but i know you can’t is raise the light..
you’ll be fine going as is..
okay so no more feeding then? if the soil dries out before harvest do i use water or just leave it? and yeah, what i can do is take my stand with the legs away and just use one of the plant holders it won’t get that much air flow but it’ll move my plant down. like i’m the pictures, would that be a better idea so it’s away from the light?
Yes to the above. Relax Brother! You made it to the end. Just let her finish ripening out and harvest!!

The only work you still have is trimming and curing. From what I've read you seem to have the basic idea seeing as how you've already dried and cured a run so you were able to draw from that experience to better be able to get your flower where you want it.

The last task after trim and cure is to begin planning your next grow. That planning should also include some time to reflect on what you've learned......and what you've unlearned.
yeah this time i am going to trim all the leaves around the bud so there aren’t any. and yeah drying is where i hit a snag last run. my humidity was too low and i think it has to be at 60% for drying correct?

but yes going to definitely re read this and put a plan in motion i have two(ish) months before i am able to start my next one. which i think i am goin to do this strain again.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
okay so no more feeding then? if the soil dries out before harvest do i use water or just leave it? and yeah, what i can do is take my stand with the legs away and just use one of the plant holders it won’t get that much air flow but it’ll move my plant down. like i’m the pictures, would that be a better idea so it’s away from the light?

yeah this time i am going to trim all the leaves around the bud so there aren’t any. and yeah drying is where i hit a snag last run. my humidity was too low and i think it has to be at 60% for drying correct?

but yes going to definitely re read this and put a plan in motion i have two(ish) months before i am able to start my next one. which i think i am goin to do this strain again.
ok that’ll work for now..
you feed/water when needed..

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

okay so use the smaller stand? and yeah i meant no nutrient water though just plain water right?
Feed til harvest, and yes use smaller stand. That'll drop you what, 4 or 5 inches?

ayeob

ayeob

i think nick said “feeding it at this point will only cause problems” unless it was a mistype. and okay i will use the smaller stand but yeah it’s about 4 1/2 inches

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

i think nick said “feeding it at this point will only cause problems” unless it was a mistype. and okay i will use the smaller stand but yeah it’s about 4 1/2 inches
Feeding it more than what you are at this point would cause problems.

Youll be good to feed what you are, maybe drop back to 5ml of wholly

ayeob

ayeob

Feeding it more than what you are at this point would cause problems.

Youll be good to feed what you are, maybe drop back to 5ml of wholly
ahhh okay that makes sense now. but okay i can drop it down, if it’s beneficial for the plant.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Go with what GNick and GS said but, honestly, you could stop feeding them altogether and you would still have some nice dank to smoke. You have around a week or so until it's time to cut them down so unless they are very dry you could probably not do anything and still come out with great smoke but stick with what they're telling you.

Start getting your cure plan going so that you don't have any lags waiting for something to show up. Get everything together that you'll need and you'll cruise through the cure process. Are you going to cure the traditional way in a jar or will you be using the newer Grove bags to cure in?

Growing is a journey. I can say with all confidence that you now have the guides for you to successfully complete your journey and be able to pass on those hard earned lessons to those that are in the same boat you were.🙂

ayeob

ayeob

Go with what GNick and GS said but, honestly, you could stop feeding them altogether and you would still have some nice dank to smoke. You have around a week or so until it's time to cut them down so unless they are very dry you could probably not do anything and still come out with great smoke but stick with what they're telling you.

Start getting your cure plan going so that you don't have any lags waiting for something to show up. Get everything together that you'll need and you'll cruise through the cure process. Are you going to cure the traditional way in a jar or will you be using the newer Grove bags to cure in?
okay yeah it might need one more feeding if that cause it took a week for her to feed. so i guess i’ll play it by ear. but yeah i was gonna do it the traditional way i have a big jar and some boveda packs as well. never heard of grove bags before though

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

ahhh okay that makes sense now. but okay i can drop it down, if it’s beneficial for the plant.
okay yeah it might need one more feeding if that cause it took a week for her to feed. so i guess i’ll play it by ear. but yeah i was gonna do it the traditional way i have a big jar and some boveda packs as well. never heard of grove bags before though
In my opinion, dont add the boveda packs until at least a momth in the jar. I put 1 in a jar and left another jar without one to cure. The one with the pack had like a funky over ripened fruit taste to it and the one without a pack had a nice lemon pine fruity kick to it, i did this with weed off the same plant so i came to the conclusion it was the boveda pack.

ayeob

ayeob

In my opinion, dont add the boveda packs until at least a momth in the jar. I put 1 in a jar and left another jar without one to cure. The one with the pack had like a funky over ripened fruit taste to it and the one without a pack had a nice lemon pine fruity kick to it, i did this with weed off the same plant so i came to the conclusion it was the boveda pack.
so it’ll be fine just in my jar with the lid closed?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

This^^^

The Boveda packs are to MAINTAIN humidity levels not to take them to a particular level.

How are you feeling about cure? Trim you seem to have but cure? Do you need some guidance to setup the cure portion of your grow?

ayeob

ayeob

This^^^

The Boveda packs are to MAINTAIN humidity levels not to take them to a particular level.

How are you feeling about cure? Trim you seem to have but cure? Do you need some guidance to setup the cure portion of your grow?
okay so no boveda packs? and i have only down 2 harvests. but okay so just keep them in the jar with the lid closed?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

so it’ll be fine just in my jar with the lid closed?
IMO, I would cut plant down off main stem and break down the branches off the main stem to hang in the tent. Have your hang lines ready and whatever you're going to use to hang them off the line. I usually just use the stems that grew off the branches to hook them on the line but some people like to use clips of some type. Prior to this you're going to make sure the tent temp and humidity are where you want them. Hang your branches and let them dry for a few days. Check daily for dryness. Once they're at the proper dry level you remove the flowers from the branches and put them in jars to complete the cure process. In the beginning you'll want to keep the lids off the jars if they flower is still a bit damp. Just make sure the flower isn't too wet or you'll get mold so it's a bit of a balancing act. The one thing I can say is to check often. This is how mine looked after I cut them down and hung them to dry. I like to remove the water leaves before I cut them down to not promote any mold.

Cure stage 1

After the first week or so you should be able to keep the lids on and only take them off once a day to "burp" the jar and remove whatever lingering moisture has accumulated in the jar and to give it fresh air for it to remove more moisture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom