desperately In need of advice!

• Thread starter ayeob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ayeob

ayeob

okay yeah i gave my stuff i use to hang. what are temps and humidity that should be for drying? think i had my tendon and humidity off last run.
how will i know if they’re wet? i don’t understand that part.
okay yeah i have heard of “burping” that’s one thing i did in my last run.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

okay yeah i gave my stuff i use to hang. what are temps and humidity that should be for drying? think i had my tendon and humidity off last run.
how will i know if they’re wet? i don’t understand that part.
okay yeah i have heard of “burping” that’s one thing i did in my last run.
Ideally, you want to dry and cure in a mild temp and humidity. I would shoot for 72* and 60% humidity.

Just so you understand the mechanics behind it all. What you're trying to do is to draw the moisture out of the middle of the flower without overdrying the outer portion of the flower so that you can safely smoke it without it getting moldy after awhile. It also helps in how it burns. This requires a slow process. When you are in the drying portion of the process you'll notice the outside of the flower getting crunchy and dry but when you put them in the jar the outside will be wet again the next day. This is because the outer dryness is pulling the moisture from within so don't get too alarmed if the outside of the flower seems a little dry. You certainly don't want to overdry but, again, you've done it already so you have an idea of what is too dry.

You can err on the side of caution and jar while they're slightly still wet so that you don't overdry. You'll need to be vigilant in the beginning so that the moisture doesn't create any mold but after a week or so they should be sufficiently dry that you don't have to monitor them as much and you can let them cure burping the jar once a day or however much it needs to SLOWLY dry and cure your flower.

Once again.....patience.

Starting to notice a particular word that keeps popping up?!?😁

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ideally, you want to dry and cure in a mild temp and humidity. I would shoot for 72* and 60% humidity.

Just so you understand the mechanics behind it all. What you're trying to do is to draw the moisture out of the middle of the flower without overdrying the outer portion of the flower so that you can safely smoke it without it getting moldy after awhile. It also helps in how it burns. This requires a slow process. When you are in the drying portion of the process you'll notice the outside of the flower getting crunchy and dry but when you put them in the jar the outside will be wet again the next day. This is because the outer dryness is pulling the moisture from within so don't get too alarmed if the outside of the flower seems to dry. You certainly don't want to overdry but, again, you've done it already so you have an idea of what is too dry. You can err on the side of caution and jar while they're slightly still wet so that you don't overdry. You'll need to be vigilant in the beginning so that the moisture doesn't create any mold but after a week or so they should be sufficiently dry that you don't have to monitor them as much and you can let them cure burping the jar once a day or however much it needs to SLOWLY dry and cure your flower.

Once again.....patience.

72 is kinda high don’t you think?
more like 60-65..

ayeob

ayeob

Just so you understand the mechanics behind it all. What you're trying to do is to draw the moisture out of the middle of the flower without overdrying the outer portion of the flower so that you can safely smoke it without it getting moldy after awhile. It also helps in how it burns. This requires a slow process. When you are in the drying portion of the process you'll notice the outside of the flower getting crunchy and dry but when you put them in the jar the outside will be wet again the next day. This is because the outer dryness is pulling the moisture from within so don't get too alarmed if the outside of the flower seems a little dry. You certainly don't want to overdry but, again, you've done it already so you have an idea of what is too dry.

You can err on the side of caution and jar while they're slightly still wet so that you don't overdry. You'll need to be vigilant in the beginning so that the moisture doesn't create any mold but after a week or so they should be sufficiently dry that you don't have to monitor them as much and you can let them cure burping the jar once a day or however much it needs to SLOWLY dry and cure your flower.

Once again.....patience.

okay, so when you’re drying do you just hang the whole plant or is it best to spread it out and hang multiple?
how long do you dry before putting it all in a jar?

but yes i am lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just another option for harvesting..
while the plant is still in the ground/bag..
you can cut off all the leafs per branch, once done a branch you can cut off and hang, continue until finished..
as long as you can control the drying environment any dry/cure method will work..

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

you can cut off all the leafs per branch, once done a branch you can cut off and hang, continue until finished..
as long as you can control the drying environment any dry/cure method will work..
Yes, yes and yes.

Just like growing there are many ways to skin a cat. That's why I posted the mechanics behind it. Once you understand what is happening then you can adjust it to your situation.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you guys get him through the harvesting drying and curing process..

ayeob

ayeob

okay so instead of cutting the whole thing down then the leaves you would cut the leaves the the stem?
probably has already
just ain’t saying anything
and did what already? lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’m confused lol😂
everybody kinda does it different..
yes i take off all leaves before chopping down, once all leaves are off i cut off branches too hang..
than when trimming/removing buds there’s less handling and buds getting knock around damaging trichomes..
i don’t really trim much maybe a jar full for friends as i make hashish and oil.. so all goes into pails to cure.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

okay, so when you’re drying do you just hang the whole plant or is it best to spread it out and hang multiple?
how long do you dry before putting it all in a jar?

but yes i am lol
You can but, again, up to you. I do it that way more out of habit as that was the way I was taught but it does tend to stay wet a little longer than if I break it down off the main stem before I hang it. I do it this way also because I've gotten pretty good at it after all this time so I can spot when something is going south quickly and correct course. For you it would be advisable to break it down off the main stem and hang the individual branches so that you reduce the chances of mold.

It usually takes around a week from the day I cut the plant down and hung it for it to be ready to be broken down into branches. The hung branches will take around a week to get to where they need to be and you can figure around another couple weeks in the jar before they're at minimum ready to smoke.

Some like to remove all the flowers off the branches upon harvest and spread them out on a drying net. This is also a viable method.

GNicks way is also a great way to harvest your flower in an easy, orderly way.

As long as you understand the mechanics behind it any method can work.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah im not helpful with that, still working on perfecting it. My temp is always to high, like 72, sometimes higher. I need to get it to 58-60 but my wife gets pissy and yells cause "its to fucking cold!"

So sometimes i can get away with 68 but she still complains 😑 fkn southerners...
i hate the cold and love the heat..
my drying room is a cold storage room and i have all the equipment needed for perfect drying curing conditions.. seems like it was built for it..

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yeah im not helpful with that, still working on perfecting it. My temp is always to high, like 72, sometimes higher. I need to get it to 58-60 but my wife gets pissy and yells cause "its to fucking cold!"

So sometimes i can get away with 68 but she still complains 😑 fkn southerners...
I have the same problem...... 🤣

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

i hate the cold and love the heat..
my drying room is a cold storage room and i have all the equipment needed for perfect drying curing conditions.. seems like it was built for it..
For sure. You're lucky. I wish I had a nice cool basement I could store all the excess product but then again, when it comes to weed ain't no excess happening around here!!! 😄

Latest posts

Top Bottom