desperately In need of advice!

• Thread starter ayeob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ayeob

ayeob

Am I only one.who thinks they look pretty good? I mean, I see tte point about what looks like a little droopy at the tops.....do the leaves move up and down over time, or are they now always drooping.....really more at the tops...you said it just started looking like that, so.....maybe you overwatered a bit, hard to tell, watering also has to be a bit of a feel after a while, letting the soil dry out just a bit between waterings that seep slowly through, but is "just enough/plenty for now", and that's a feel. The size of the plant, the humidity, tte strain.......will make you adjust. You gotta touch the soil or medium too....light too close?

Maybe it's a little the strain too? But absent anything really wrong, see if they adjust......they kinda look alright...
yeah i’m more so worried about the droopy and skinny leaves i think they’re right the i haven’t been watering it little by little
which i want to try this next watering. but yeah i don’t think it looks too bad but i’ve never had them look like this before. maybe i did over water but i always see the water come out from the sides

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
ahhh that makes sense okay so water let it soak in wait like 5 mins the water again? and so on until i use 3/4 of a gallon?
Exactly 😁 I used to put mine on stands in a Rubbermaid tote and just let the runoff flow haha

For example a few grows back by the end of flower on these little plants I needed 2 gallons per 5 gallon pot to get 15% runoff

AF84A26B 7333 49EE 94EC 1312D0A84E17

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
yeah i’m more so worried about the droopy and skinny leaves i think they’re right the i haven’t been watering it little by little
which i want to try this next watering. but yeah i don’t think it looks too bad but i’ve never had them look like this before. maybe i did over water but i always see the water come out from the sides
It's an Afghani Auto......the strain might lend itself to looking a little like that too. Keep an eye on other factors, it might be something with the soil, and get the watering/drying out a bit thing dialed in more. See what the next couple of days bring. See if the light's a little close too, I don't know if you mentioned that part.

ayeob

ayeob

It's an Afghani Auto......the strain might lend itself to looking a little like that too. Keep an eye on other factors, it might be something with the soil, and get the watering/drying out a bit thing dialed in more. See what the next couple of days bring.
thank you yeah i am going see what happens and take pictures and revisit the thread and see how it improves

E

elusiveshame

this look awesome! do the wicks go into the pvc pipe?
Nope! I just run them across the top of the riser and tuck them through one of the edge holes.

Here’s a pic from when I upgraded them last Wednesday:
ABA69B24 9AE8 419F 9EE0 B76C5CA507C4

If you go this route, you’ll either need to hand stir the water or get a water pump to keep some flow so all the nutrients don’t sink to the bottom.

H

hawkman

what about letting it dry out ? you water amounts should be at 32% BUT at 42% way to much water in plant &container (need a moisture guage) many growers don't understand of letting the plant get "somewhat dry" GreenHouseSeeds used to list how they grow their strains (nutes, Par, EC, ect) from seed to harvest, - they mention that they let plants go for 7 days before watering (way to much for me) But a 3-4days dry period helps everything - many of use over-do feeding and a good flush flowed by a dry period will work wonders and most of the time fix issue

ayeob

ayeob

what about letting it dry out ? you water amounts should be at 32% BUT at 42% way to much water in plant &container (need a moisture guage) many growers don't understand of letting the plant get "somewhat dry" GreenHouseSeeds used to list how they grow their strains (nutes, Par, EC, ect) from seed to harvest, - they mention that they let plants go for 7 days before watering (way to much for me) But a 3-4days dry period helps everything - i9f one over does things which is common
yeah i am going to let it dry out more i am going to try the 3-4 days too avoid this in the future. and i have a soil moisture meter but it never worked properly, which makes sense because i was also not watering correctly. when i watered the plant the water would seep from the sides.

D

Dr.Dave

i just watered it today and it started looking like that…maybe i should let the soil dry all completely out and not rely on the weigh test for a couple weeks?
If you want to keep your soil aerobic, don't let it dry out consistently. The bacteria, protozoans and fungi your plant is feeding below surface with exudates via its roots, need a moist environment to thrive in. They work hard to break down the compounds in the soil into plant available nutes. The trick is finding a watering frequency that will maintain the perfect environment below the surface...not too wet and not too dry so your living soil stays alive.

D

Dr.Dave

okay i am going to try this, so you think there’s hope she will bounce back if i start watering right? it’s not a loss cause? also should i water again tomorrow or wait till next watering? does this rule also apply when feeding it liquid fertilizer feed it around the outside and not by the root ball?
I agree with many others who think your plant looks good. I'm growing a photo fem seed of LA Con in a 7 gallon cloth pot in an organic compost/soil that I buy from Coast of Maine.

In mid-veg I watered her every 4 days, late-veg to 1st week in flower, every 3 days and she needs a thorough watering almost every 2 days during the stretch.

20230123 091304
ayeob

ayeob

I agree with many others who think your plant looks good. I'm growing a photo fem seed of LA Con in a 7 gallon cloth pot in an organic compost/soil that I buy from Coast of Maine.

In mid-veg I watered her every 4 days, late-veg to 1st week in flower, every 3 days and she needs a thorough watering almost every 2 days during the stretch.
thank you, as i look at it more this morning it only seems like the top leaves are a probslem and that’s usually a sign of poor drainage or improper watering, so i am going to change my watering technique and water a little at a time.

yours looks really good is yours photo period?

5A5F0A72 1CEA 437B 942F 248DF0729257
D

Dr.Dave

thank you, as i look at it more this morning it only seems like the top leaves are a probslem and that’s usually a sign of poor drainage or improper watering, so i am going to change my watering technique and water a little at a time.

yours looks really good is yours photo period?
Yes, she's a photo and she just started to pre-flower. Try watering very slowly and to a small and I mean very small runoff. You don't want to flush away precious nutes. If you feel the bottom didn't get enough water, lay your bag in a tray with some RO and properly pH'd water and she'll soak it up nicely.

ayeob

ayeob

yes. use @GNick55 in your post..
ok that is definitely your issue watering everd 3 days with the roots sitting in damp wet muck.. @CannaGranny nailed this one..
your lucky it’s not worse..
get your pot/bag risers and proper watering and you’ll be good in time if there’s no damage done already
@GNick55 is it bad that my plant doesn’t have a long stalk? or really a gal between the pot and bottom of the plant?

FA2A7E8E F36E 4F65 9881 826A83FB3D92
ayeob

ayeob

Yes, she's a photo and she just started to pre-flower. Try watering very slowly and to a small and I mean very small runoff. You don't want to flush away precious nutes. If you feel the bottom didn't get enough water, lay your bag in a tray with some RO and properly pH'd water and she'll soak it up nicely.
what is RO? and also when i water i water the outside edge of the pot right? not in the middle?

Latest posts

Top Bottom