Desperately needing help. Dead and dying

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lacey

Lacey

I don’t know how the plants survived my major screw up in the greenhouse. I lost 2 but one was a male so he doesn’t count 😉.
6 weeks into flower and so far so good… I think. I have no clue as this is my first time.

Pic 1 top of one of my Blueberry Muffin
Pic 2 a side branch from a different Blueberry Muffin
Pic 3 and 4 a couple flowers.
1553A8D0 865D 4646 A010 C3695AB9D897
E3BB0150 86D5 4F78 8883 C190F574312B
5542B93F 8FCF 439E 8FBC C9D90C2C95D7
D3D4EC62 BAF7 4D38 8FA7 3EBB3A4B3185

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think that was out of like, 10 plants. But at least she turned a few around. I wonder what happened to the 9 foot behemoth. I don’t really know what she did. Probably watering.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Need to make sure she is aware of your watering system. I don’t think she’s picked up on it yet. She was still talking about lifting pots. We will see.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on! I think it will save a lot of grows, and make a lot of peoples lives less stressful. Especially, hers! The plantsAlso issue you one attaboy! Got to go see if Frank’sters Package came in the mail. Don’t wanna leave it out overnight.

Treecutter

Treecutter

Glad to hear you saved a few. Reading all the responses you got probably overwhelmed you.

From the pics you posted, you just got a guessing game. Neutrient deficiency, overdosing, lack of water, too much water all give the same results of dead plants.

So for help posting early in your struggle with pictures would have given everyone a better chance of diagnoses. Little hard to tell when the entire plant is in its final stages to tell if its an NPK issue or calmag etc.

If you ever get one that far gone again in veg, treat it like a mother plant. Cut it back, trim the root ball and putt it in some new soil. An advantage to growing under lights.

Water uptake isn't dependent on plant size or pot size. Its more related to environmental conditions. A plant in low light with high humidity perspiration is minimal. A plant with standard light and average humidity has higher perspiration.

In my opinion after reading everything, I think it all started with a nutrient deficiency of calcium magnesium and possibly potassium.

When your growing organic, if you good bugs aren't getting fed to intern feed your plants the bad bugs take over. When this happens, no matter what ph your water is, your soil ph will be off. You plant will stop uptaking nutrients, your roots will rot out like the weren't there and the plant will consume itself for nutrients till it dies or recovers.

Yes rain waters all outdone plants. It doesn't however provide all the nutrients it needs to survive.

When I let my mother plants go and grow up to 4 ft high, even in supper soil the depleted the nutrients in 90 days. Ikeep them in 12 gallon smart bags because I'm too lazy to tend to them every day and right now there 4ft high getting ready to be cut back for clones. Last week I cut 2/3 off the root ball and potted back with fresh soil.

Took 2 days for them to bright back up.

Good luck with your grow and don't forget the calmag.

20210810 233856
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No. We were yakking about her greenhouse grow. She saved A few and one turned out to be Male. Different grow from the latest fiasco. She lives pretty close to me so I’ve been following.

Lacey

Lacey

I should have been more clear. I apologize. I have 2 grows, One in a greenhouse and one indoor.

The flower pics are from my greenhouse ladies. I had a bad issue and it turned out to be my fault. A while back we had heatwave after heatwave, I was struggling keeping the greenhouse cool. I ran out of my usual nutrients and couldn't find it in stock, so I went with something close to it. I was tired, hurting and it was late when I fed my ladies. I DOUBLE fed them! I had 2 12-13ft girls in the greenhouse. Basically... I attempted to manslaughter my greenhouse girls. I did not figure this out till a week or two later on my major mess up. Because of you all, I was able to save most of them!!!!! I lost only a couple plants out of about 60(ish) in my greenhouse.
The two BIG girls are doing well, They are not the best looking, but they are alive and flowering. The girls that came from seed, are doing amazing after my major F*Up. The cloned girls are the ones that took the hit the most. I have learned that plants from seed can handle my ignorance more than clones.

My indoor plants are my new problem and that is why I came here for help. I most likely have no business attempting these adventures, but I need this medicine to help with pain and seizures. I like to make salves and oils and hopefully I can get my body to adjust to me smoking it sooner than later. The indoor strain which is my current problem is the PGG#4 that is from the original plant from 2014(ish). Yes, it has been cloned that many times! It was given to us by a friend that retired.

I took clones off the sick ones in hopes that they will root. I am absolutely horrible at cloning! But I am still trying. I know cloning from a unhealthy plant is not good, but I am desperate.

We will be adding more lights today to the indoor. I will be getting different pots and soil as well.

shaganja

shaganja

Your plants are like kids in Ethiopia. No food. No water.

Keep in mind that 99% of the water absorbed by roots is lost via transpiration of the leaves. With plants in those pots, you should be having trouble keeping humidity down. 43% is nothing. The "bark" is coming off because you're plants (roots) can take up water, but the soil is moist and rotting them. The rotting outer layer of the stalks is vitally important to uptake water and nutrients. You're plants are dying a slow painful death and nothing will save them.

But you can *maybe save a few clones and start over in small pot, then transplant once they get big enough. If you do take clones, don't snip the tips of the leaves like everyone does.

To clone,
- Just use Solo cups with seed starter. Put the cup on a saucer.
- Cut the drain holes in the bottom and add one cup of water.
- Cut your clone, scrape the outside off the bottom of the stem for 1 inch.
- Dip in water, then dip in rooting hormone
- *don't dig a hole in your seed starter. Just stick the stem in the soil 3 inches deep.
- 1/2 cup of water 3 days later.
- You'll have roots 7-10 days later and ready to be planted in a 1 gallon pot.

I water/feed every 3 days. This schedule permits you to be absent for up to 2 days.
I water/feed to this schedule. W D D F D D <start over> where:
W= water.
D = dry.
F = feed.

- Fertilizer -
Seedlings get - Small N, High P, Low K
Veg phase get - High N, Med P, Med K
Flower phase get - Low N, Med P, High K

You can do away with all of that by making a super soil that won't require feeding. Just water start to finish.

Easy Supersoil
https://borealcuring.com/growing_tools/super_soil.php

Thanks for popping on here. Wanna say thanks for the best curing system so far! Have a feeling this will be the new curing method everyone will start using. So simple. And easy! Thanks boreal!

shaganja

shaganja

@Lacey
Your fertilizer is mostly organics which means you need soil biota to convert the organic nitrogen to plant available nitrates. Biochar is a good place to start but there are other options like Fish Sh!t.

Your fertilizer also has way too much P which is detrimental to beneficial soil fungi, allowing bad fungi to thrive.
Based on your photos I'm 99% sure they have Rhizoctonia, a very bad fungus. Destroy the soil and sterilize the containers before using them again.

You may actually be overwatering a bit as well, which also can lead to root rot issues.

Do you allow temps to drop when lights are off or does it really stay 77-80F all the time?

Rainwater is fine for hot soil in veg. Most rainwater is pH 5.5-6.0. But make sure you know what pH your water is after mixing your nutrients.
Damn pauli, your the fungus expert around here. Thanks for info on my fusarium. Will be treating when crop1 and veg. Gylcerine shows up. Thanks!

Lacey

Lacey

Headed out to buy lights. Looking at the Gavita 1930. I am on a mission to SAVE what is left of the indoor girls!

Top Bottom