Desperately needing help. Dead and dying

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
if you raced dirt and you are in your 60s, i might just know you. lol. i grew up on dirt bikes, raced everything possible, did the baja, got my "i finished" pin! when the knees stopped working went to cars, never have to stick my leg out the door...

never got into the street bikes, but love me some dirt!

Lacey

Lacey

just a side note. you seem to let things get way to complicated.

i think some people "get" plants better and maybe could be said to have green thumbs, but for the most part it is just following well established procedures. the plant is a weed and allows for a lot of goofs, but a total lack of research adds to the negative side more than the determination you have adds to the end goal.

maybe take a pause, read a lot more, then regroup and go again.

youve been at this for several months with no results to smoke. id say it is time to do the research needed to make a successful endeavor. you seem to hear some idea and run full force into it just to fail again. maybe just go with one, or two... find what works then go with your dreams.

watering is important, it is something that has to be learned. read Aquas post on watering, then read it again. use the pots weight not "time" to water. water till some water runs out the bottom. if soil, just a tad not even a cup. just the fact that you water on a time table will cause issues. the fact that you use some arbitrary amount will cause issues. those are the two most basic things and they are written all over the site this thread and the internet, so not such a secret.

im not intentionally trying to be ugly, i just see the effort overcoming the desire and that is no good. your persistence is admirable, but could be productive with the needed research.
If I was physically able to lift the pots, I would. I am unfortunately not able to lift much these days. I broke my back in 3 places 11 yrs ago. In the last 2 years, my back has gotten worse, I know have a slipped disc, arthritis, multiple compressed discs, several disc tears and my spinal cord is slowly getting compressed. YAY ME! I had to give up my career and my life long hobby. Basically, my back is that of a 80+ year old woman.
That is why I go by feeling the soil, watching the plants and how often. I am open to any other ways to do the watering correctly that does not require me to lift the pots.

I have not fed the plants in several weeks other than the Recharge a week ago. I did water them heavy a few days ago.

This morning, there is one plant that is showing new leaf growth. There might be a few that will survive this, IF I know exactly what to do. I still don't know what the cause is.

I don't want to loose this strain.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter

this is brilliant and easy and no need for any lifting!

dbrzz

dbrzz

Pots Up off the floor for circulation underneath. Don’t see any perlite in the soil so maybe to dense and draining poorly. Take a cheapo two prong moisture meter and poke a couple of holes in the bags about 3/4 of the way down. See what kind of reading you get. Also poke It in from the top into the root ball and see what kind of reading you get. Probably in adequate lighting also. But that’s not Whats killing them. Can’t Comment on your feeding. I think, drainage, and watering. There’s my guess!
Roots are not getting enough oxygen. Poor draining soil. The bottom soil in your pot is in an anaerobic state! That is too much water without air breeds the wrong bacteria. Aerobic bacteria live in healthy moist oxygen rich soil. These help the plants uptake nutrients by breaking down the nutrient for the roots. In return the plant feeds the bacteria by the sugars it produces to grow. Anaerobic bacteria live in oxygen deprived wet mucky sludge. They do not help the plant roots, and cause the stinky swampy smells.
Healthy roots are white and plump looking, brown roots are oxygen deprived and unheathy. Your planter media is probably weighing 80+ pounds now which is about 10 gallons of water and 10 pounds of soil. Your soil at the bottom is soaked and the top is dry. You must get the bottom of your container soil in an aerobic condition. Soft pots must be on a rack to allow water to leach through. sitting flat on the bottom of your tent traps the water and causes drainage issues.
1. Main problem is excessive moisture in soil causing lack of oxygen, which is worse deeper in the soil. Anaerobic bacteria thrive and roots die!!
Fix the drainage issue by poking holes around the bottom. You may have to improve your soil by adding soil amending drainage conditioners like perlite. Get the moisture to about 50-120 millibar at the bottom and you will be in optimal media moisture for healthy aerobic conditions.
Good luck!!😎

Lacey

Lacey

next time transplant your clones a few pot sizes up before putting it into a 10 gallon pot.

you start in a solo, go to a 1 gal, then a 3 or 5 then the 10.

a solo cup of roots planted in the top bit of ten gallons of dirt needs a LOT of attention and care to get the roots going. you water your gallon of water, which is 1 tenth of the container, and it goes right through to the bottom. it does this because that root bundle is of a different density and compression rate with a crowding of roots in it, so the water goes right around it and to the bottom.

normally, when you take the solo to the 1 gal, it only has a bit of space for the roots to work their way to the water. so the plant gets a bit sad, but swaps its efforts to making roots get to water and veg growth slows and the plant wants to eat its reserves (starting at the bottom, leaves start to shrivel and crinkle and brown) with a solo to a 1 gal, this is not difficult, and doesnt take so long. so the plant doesnt eat itself much and goes right along.

poking something into the original root ball will let some water get to it, but you are in save it mode.View attachment 1164381
My elevation is about 1800'
This is making sense. Thank you.

Lacey

Lacey

this is brilliant and easy and no need for any lifting!
I know what I will be doing today before my Doc appt. This is genius!

Lacey

Lacey

Roots are not getting enough oxygen. Poor draining soil. The bottom soil in your pot is in an anaerobic state! That is too much water without air breeds the wrong bacteria. Aerobic bacteria live in healthy moist oxygen rich soil. These help the plants uptake nutrients by breaking down the nutrient for the roots. In return the plant feeds the bacteria by the sugars it produces to grow. Anaerobic bacteria live in oxygen deprived wet mucky sludge. They do not help the plant roots, and cause the stinky swampy smells.
Healthy roots are white and plump looking, brown roots are oxygen deprived and unheathy. Your planter media is probably weighing 80+ pounds now which is about 10 gallons of water and 10 pounds of soil. Your soil at the bottom is soaked and the top is dry. You must get the bottom of your container soil in an aerobic condition. Soft pots must be on a rack to allow water to leach through. sitting flat on the bottom of your tent traps the water and causes drainage issues.
1. Main problem is excessive moisture in soil causing lack of oxygen, which is worse deeper in the soil. Anaerobic bacteria thrive and roots die!!
Fix the drainage issue by poking holes around the bottom. You may have to improve your soil by adding soil amending drainage conditioners like perlite. Get the moisture to about 50-120 millibar at the bottom and you will be in optimal media moisture for healthy aerobic conditions.
Good luck!!😎
Can I cut some holes in the pots and poke holes in the soil? I cant lift them to get them off the ground and on a rack.

Lacey

Lacey

Here are some pics of the plants this morning. I am noticing a couple are growing new leaves.
I also noticed more are passing away as well. I will start to take off the dead leaves today.
3BD5E0B8 C0C3 4452 9E46 40C7D9C61D0E
A60533E7 F03F 4A38 BEBF 4F40EB8049C9
9BB65B71 B75C 4C1F A764 7EC9EFD72782
54A515FA E348 4854 9D0A 7D9A79E9012F

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
In an effort to survive, the plant is drawing energy from the rest of the plant to produce new growth. It's still dying.

I hope you have an industrial dehumidifier in that room because all those plants in a room with only drywall will give you a $25k mold remediation bill.

Properly grown in those pots, you really only need 4 pots with lots of space between them. It would still be a jungle.

Lacey

Lacey

In an effort to survive, the plant is drawing energy from the rest of the plant to produce new growth. It's still dying.

I hope you have an industrial dehumidifier in that room because all those plants in a room with only drywall will give you a $25k mold remediation bill.

Properly grown in those pots, you really only need 4 pots with lots of space between them. It would still be a jungle.
The humidity was at 43%. I was told to raise it to 60%.
The room is fully insulated as well. It has 1 small fan and 1 big fan for air circulation with outside air exchange.

The room is 11.5ft X 9.5ft

Pic #1 hasn't had anymore leaves die. I am watching that one very close as she seems to be the healthiest out of them all.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Biggest problem other than the lame dirt is you simply don't have nearly enough light on them. Cannabis is an absolute photon whore, all the guidelines on how to grow it are based on having an ample supply of light. Which you don't, so most advice here is moot anyway.
A room that size I'd want at least 4K of HID lighting or equivalent LED. And that wouldn't even light the entire space optimally.

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

Biggest problem other than the lame dirt is you simply don't have nearly enough light on them. Cannabis is an absolute photon whore, all the guidelines on how to grow it are based on having an ample supply of light. Which you don't, so most advice here is moot anyway.
A room that size I'd want at least 4K of HID lighting or equivalent LED. And that wouldn't even light the entire space adequately.
Agree. Success starts with some proper lights. 4 x 1000 watt. Or 6 x 600 watt. 8 inch duct fan. 16 5 gallons pots. 3 bales of promix. And some one part maxi or flora. And a basic recipe. Weed costs a bit to grow.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

No, I didn't. The greenhouse was an adventure. I am happy that the problem was resolved and the plants are doing well. Now, I just need to fix the indoor adventure and hopefully I will be posting HAPPY threads instead of the OMFG what did I do. lol
Stick around. We gets edjukated up in here. 😎 🚬

Top Bottom