Dirbags Rockin' Rockwool Revival Thread

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just nice, chunky buds everywhere.. little secondary branch top. They aren't enormous, but very, very nice structure, smell and appearance. Bag appeal for days.
Smells like skunk and rotting fruit in here right now in the most amazing way.
View attachment 1129192View attachment 1129193
Lol I can't even toss it up for potm. Soo beautiful. Frame that pic and hang it on the wall brother.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Decided to treat myself to something different while I wait for the crop to dry and cure.
Ordered up some biscotti and ninja fruit and got a few free samples. Also ordered a half oz of gold seal hash that should be here tomorrow. Wtf not.

This biscotti is something else. Wow is it ever nice.
20210530 153602

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
What’s your plan for the flower? I know your trimming methods with leaving some sugar leaves.
mids and lowers look good too. Should have lots for some bubble?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What’s your plan for the flower? I know your trimming methods with leaving some sugar leaves.
mids and lowers look good too. Should have lots for some bubble?
I'll likely use the trim for making capsules. I've been buying my hash lately, I've found a decent source for the quality I like at a reasonable price so it's just easier to buy it.

The flower will be dried for a couple weeks at 60/60 then removed from the branches, cleaned up a bit and cured in totes for a few weeks. Then it all gets bagged in foodsaver bags with air purged out of them using Co2, 2 oz of bud per package, then frozen in 3 gallon ice cream pails.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sitting comfy in the drying room. It's warm out today, mid to high 20's celcius so it's nice to have the AC to keep things under control.

Min/Max shows some humidity fluctuation but that's normal in the first few days. Every time I check my hygros they're right around 60 though.

Looking good.

20210601 121816
20210601 121852
20210601 121903
20210601 121932

Habosabin

Habosabin

So why Unislabs? Several reasons. They drain better than hugos, and plants develop a strong healthy root system in the delta block first, which In my mind is key.
What this allows is almost immediately giving them daily feeds. I can daily feed straight from transplant into the delta, and I can daily feed the same day I put them on the unislabs. Because the delta block is elevated above the slab yet in contact with it, it loses its saturated zone, meaning the waterings will never drown the roots. Instead the roots can explore the saturated slab as they see fit. And boy do they ever..
How are you watering? By hand or some automation?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sitting comfy in the drying room. It's warm out today, mid to high 20's celcius so it's nice to have the AC to keep things under control.

Min/Max shows some humidity fluctuation but that's normal in the first few days. Every time I check my hygros they're right around 60 though.

Looking good.

View attachment 1130807View attachment 1130808View attachment 1130809View attachment 1130810
My next project is making a proper drying room. My stuff drys too fast. I'm looking for an old / used grow tent to isolate it and try to create a 64 f @ 62% environment. Without a air conditioner that's going to be tough here over the next few months. Any suggestions on how to go cheap but effective. I'm all over DIY cheap.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My next project is making a proper drying room. My stuff drys too fast. I'm looking for an old / used grow tent to isolate it and try to create a 64 f @ 62% environment. Without a air conditioner that's going to be tough here over the next few months. Any suggestions on how to go cheap but effective. I'm all over DIY cheap.

I've made chillers before by putting a tub of antifreeze in a deep freezer and pumping it through the wall of the freezer, then through an old radiator with a fan blowing on it. Basically a heat exchanger. The antifreeze just recirculates back to the tub in the freezer and the pump is controlled by an itc-308.

Cheapest and easiest is just look for a used window shaker AC. Ive seen them go for under a hundred bucks locally.

Top Bottom