Dirtbags Do-over... 🤪 Back to Organic!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
At the end of the day though, it was her idea to start as a hobby for herself and I don't want to bogart her with all my intellectual reasoning haha. Drives her nuts when she takes up a hobby and I swoop in and do it better. She is still a little raw over the cheese making incident...🤣

She started making homemade mozzarella one weekend, by the following Wednesday I had plans drawn up for a climate controlled cheese cave and was ordering different cultures with plans to make some fine aged cheeses.. And she promptly lost interest and blamed it on me for stealing her hobby lol...

beluga

beluga

If her gripe is the safety, let her know that a can of beer is 80psi whereas you'll only be using 15-18psi.
Oil the gasket and don't let it run dry. I've been using the same one for 12 years without replacing any components.
A lot of the pictures you see of wrecked kitchens from mushroom ops are either fake or because they modified their cooker like a moron.
The worst I've seen is a failed gasket that ended up steam burning someone... not pretty, but not devastating.

PF Tek is a great introduction, for sure. But you'll just be farming mold if you try it with anything but the recommended ingredients.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thats funny cause my wife's on my ass sometimes about my spending for grow shit. Now that her mom lives with us she is like a business agent for me. The money from ut goes into a seperate fund and thats used to improve the grows etc. Lol her idea... im now 1/3 the way to a gavita and now the wife can't say boo or I will tell her mom 😁

ln laws... who knew

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

At the end of the day though, it was her idea to start as a hobby for herself and I don't want to bogart her with all my intellectual reasoning haha. Drives her nuts when she takes up a hobby and I swoop in and do it better. She is still a little raw over the cheese making incident...🤣
Oh yeah bro... hands off that one. The more you do the more she will ditch it. Atleast IME

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If her gripe is the safety, let her know that a can of beer is 80psi whereas you'll only be using 15-18psi.
Oil the gasket and don't let it run dry. I've been using the same one for 12 years without replacing any components.
A lot of the pictures you see of wrecked kitchens from mushroom ops are either fake or because they modified their cooker like a moron.
The worst I've seen is a failed gasket that ended up steam burning someone... not pretty, but not devastating.

PF Tek is a great introduction, for sure. But you'll just be farming mold if you try it with anything but the recommended ingredients.

Nah her gripe is the money. Not that we can't afford a pressure cooker, We are just currently paying off some business investments and I'm in the middle of a fairly drastic career change. So we're just playing it kinda safe with money right now.

Pressure cookers come up for sale used quite a bit around here, just haven't seen one since we had the idea to do it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

She started making homemade mozzarella one weekend, by the following Wednesday I had plans drawn up for a climate controlled cheese cave and was ordering different cultures with plans to make some fine aged cheeses.. And she promptly lost interest and blamed it on me for stealing her hobby lol...

There is a good mushroom thread going on here somewhere. @1diesel1 started it i think.

amekins

amekins

Nah her gripe is the money. Not that we can't afford a pressure cooker, We are just currently paying off some business investments and I'm in the middle of a fairly drastic career change. So we're just playing it kinda safe with money right now.

Pressure cookers come up for sale used quite a bit around here, just haven't seen one since we had the idea to do it.
Pressure cookers are awesome. And if you only need to do a few small jars? Forgive me for suggesting this, but what about an instant pot or such. Dual purpose.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sorry wife... Dirtbag is getting down with shrooms in the shed this summer I think lol.

I just watched this very satisfying short video that gave me a lot of ideas. I particularly like the use of the small greenhouse and humidifier for climate control so he can run massive open cakes. Would not be hard to set this up at all using a lot of the same environmental controls I have in the shed already.

Check this out, its pretty wild.

amekins

amekins

Sorry wife... Dirtbag is getting down with shrooms in the shed this summer I think lol.

I just watched this very satisfying short video that gave me a lot of ideas. I particularly like the use of the small greenhouse and humidifier for climate control so he can run massive open cakes. Would not be hard to set this up at all using a lot of the same environmental controls I have in the shed already.

It has been over 30 years since I’ve done shrooms, mescaline, lsd or coke. But man, they were fun. Peyote is still on my bucket list as is ecstasy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I don't touch the hard stuff like coke anymore.. I still eat mushrooms maybe half a dozen times a year. My big 3 staples to have in the tickle trunk are beer pot and mushrooms.

I think i have done more drugs than Ozzy Ozborne. I am 20 years off and good with just my weed now. I still have a quarter bottle of scotch from last christmas. Or maybe it was the christmas before.

But shrooms were fun. Always upset my tummy though.

amekins

amekins

And I really tried to understand what the dude was talking about and I couldn’t comprehend. 😂

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think i have done more drugs than Ozzy Ozborne. I am 20 years off and good with just my weed now. I still have a quarter bottle of scotch from last christmas. Or maybe it was the christmas before.

But shrooms were fun. Always upset my tummy though.

One vice is very responsible of you. Some mushrooms are hard on the guts for sure, some don't seem too bad. I don't normally eat a lot at once, maybe a gram. Unless its a special occasion like our fishing trip, for those I'll eat like an 8th, barf usually and then trip like mad.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
And I really tried to understand what the dude was talking about and I couldn’t comprehend. 😂
He is basically just boiling down human experience by pointing out every place we see a hard edge (between ourselves and the world, forces between the world, etc), that's inherently not the way the world is in reality. In reality, everything is on a continuum, especially us vs the world....and it's just gradients between, not hard edges. and shrooms really help you perceive this (ego death blah blah blah).

Whether you believe that or not (or somewhere in between) is up to you of course.

I find a lot of the early confrontation between the western world and indian thought very interesting.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One vice is very responsible of you. Some mushrooms are hard on the guts for sure, some don't seem too bad. I don't normally eat a lot at once, maybe a gram. Unless its a special occasion like our fishing trip, for those I'll eat like an 8th, barf usually and then trip like mad.

I found making tea with them and drinking the hot liquid easier to take. I have congenital colon issues so it is me.

Top Bottom